BF2 Thread

[HL2.net] is good enough...you don't need it to look all spiffy and special.

NikolaX said:
ok team, 1 thing before, do you all have headseats with mics?
i say screw in game voice support, and download TEAMSPEAK, i use it all the time i my UT04 clan. i can create channel with password and you just join and let the ownage begins.

are we ok with this ?

and suggestion on clan tag :

|HL2^net

BF2 has VOIP, so we don't need Teamspeak, Ventrilo or something like that. I am gonna buy myself a nice new USB-headset tho.

I don't really care about clantags. You guys decide on that.

Jimbo118 said:
so we're all gona play as middle east coalition right?

I'm there. It's my fav side atm.

Make me support, thanks. I love the big guns ;)

We really need someone as anti-tank, too. If we're just a bunch of guys with popguns we'll have no chance against those metal behemoths, heh.

I'm gonna have to get a solid usb headset pretty soon too. The one that comes with it looks a bit too cheap for my tastes.

I'd love to be commander when we get started. That's the reason I wanna go engineer first so I can hang back and hide. If anybody blows my shit up I could just hop out of the commander screen and repair it myself.

Axyon said:
We really need someone as anti-tank, too. If we're just a bunch of guys with popguns we'll have no chance against those metal behemoths, heh.

That's what I'll probably be going after engineer actually. That's all I ever use in DC.

count me in as Medic... or if we have too many, Anti - Tank.
Im a big team player, and I have a headset with Mic. (damn good one at that :)

edit: looks like we have a couple medics already.

Ima be Anti-Tank. (which is fine since, it's the class I usually play in BF1942/Bf:Vietnam and Poe)

KoreBolteR said:
i dno what ill be yet.. possibly a special ops... or sniper :D:D
Be what you want, if theres more than 1 class then its ok as long as your happy with it, we wont keep you from being what you want in life. Plus we just doing this for FUN nothing more nothing less.

And personally i'd rather not do teamspeack cause they have a good VOIP system :thumbs:

jimbo118 said:
edit my medic, m should be upper case.

so we're all gona play as middle east coalition right? :p
We could split up some U.S. some MEC i wouldnt mind killing some of you J/K........ MAybe?

halflife2.net clan? count me in. :)

hl2.net|lonestar

would be nice if we could organise something from time to time.

lonestar said:
halflife2.net clan? count me in. :)

hl2.net|lonestar

would be nice if we could organise something from time to time.
OK i'll add you , you just need a head set . What class do you want? Anyone is fine. :)

Mr. Redundant said:
count me in as Medic... or if we have too many, Anti - Tank.
Im a big team player, and I have a headset with Mic. (damn good one at that :)

edit: looks like we have a couple medics already.

Ima be Anti-Tank. (which is fine since, it's the class I usually play in BF1942/Bf:Vietnam and Poe)
You sound like your a good player cant wait to play. :thumbs:

Has anyone played BF1942 competetivley? I was in a clan for Desert Combat, [-GB-], we were pretty damn good.

lonestar said:
thanks. :)

what classes are there? medic, anti-tank, sniper, engineer?
- Special Ops
- Assault
- Anti-tank
- Support
- Sniper
- Engineer
- Medic

these were given by shakermaker

1.[HL2.NET]Shakermaker-Special Ops 6.[HL2.NET]Jimbo118 - Medic 11.[HL2.NET]Amishslayer - Engineer
2.[HL2.NET]NikolaX - Sniper 7.[HL2.NET]Sparta - Unknown 12.[HL2.NET]Mr. Redundant - Support
3.[HL2.NET]KoreBolteR - Unknown 8.[HL2.NET]AlanFreeman - Special Ops 13.[HL2.NET]Lonestar - Unknown
4.[HL2.NET]Tiimmyy - Medic 9.[HL2.NET]Axyon- Support
5.[HL2.NET]Foxtrot - Uber 1337 10.[HL2.NET]Babyheadcrab - Assault
yes it all coming together nicely. ahahahahaha, ahem. disregard this post. :rolling:

Foxtrot said:
Has anyone played BF1942 competetivley? I was in a clan for Desert Combat, [-GB-], we were pretty damn good.
OH YEAH , thats how you do it. People dont know it but when you play as a team it creates this unique inviroment and feeling like your really there :D and when you acomplish somthing together the feeling is PRICELESS.

jimbo118 said:
yes it all coming together nicely. ahahahahaha, ahem. disregard this post. :rolling:
LMAO :cheers: Yes it is . But we still need a commander Chances are when we join a server it will already be taken so i wouldnt worry about this feature. If you do get selected just have fun with it. We are not keeping score or are we?

Alan Freeman said:
LMAO :cheers: Yes it is . But we still need a commander Chances are when we join a server it will already be taken so i wouldnt worry about this feature. If you do get selected just have fun with it. We are not keeping score or are we?

I'd play commander if it's open. If not that's cool too.

Alan Freeman said:
nah, i was talkin to shaker and he said it shouldnt be too serious, just a get together for all the hl2 peeps, no training or bs like that, just for fun.

even if the clan doesnt happen we should all hook up on some server to see who pwns the most. :dork:

God I'm blind - I don't suppose I could be a part of this clan no? :)

Seeing as we're a bit short of Anti-Tank troops I could be one. Also, how about a helicopter pilot? I was pretty damn good with the choppers in DC and BF:V :)

Oh by the way, I remember hearing "a headset in every box" for BF2, is that still true? If not I can buy one anyway :)

JiMmEh said:

Seeing as we're a bit short of Anti-Tank troops I could be one. Also, how about a helicopter pilot? I was pretty damn good with the choppers in DC and BF:V :)

Oh by the way, I remember hearing "a headset in every box" for BF2, is that still true? If not I can buy one anyway :)
not in europe.

what team btw folks, us, mec or china?

jimbo118 said:

lol! :D

maybe engineer. i don't know yet. let's see what exactly all their abilities will be...

but engineer sounds good to me. it's important that all these cool buggies are ready to rock the desert, ya know. ;)

JiMmEh said:

Sure, Korebolter will add you to his list.

halflife2.net clan? count me in. :) if you don't mind

hl2.net|Nabster Special ops or engineer or Sniper or Support

Will have to buy a new grahpics card and a headset, any suggestions?

I cant add anymore people because it wont let me 600 charaters Max it says :( but your in you just cant see it. MY SIG IS TOO BIG IT WONT LET ME ADD ANYMORE PEOPLE SO DONT Worry

OK... Heres what we can do since i cant add any more people Just Put it in your SIG like this

EXAMPLE: [HL2.NET]ALAN FREEMAN-MEDIC

Alan Freeman said:
I cant add anymore people because it wont let me 600 charaters Max it says :( but your in you just cant see it. MY SIG IS TOO BIG IT WONT LET ME ADD ANYMORE PEOPLE SO DONT Worry

Maybe you should ask another member to have the rest of the clan in their signature? Or starts dividing the clan into teams like it was discussed before hand and have a team leader for each area and they have their team in their signature?

hang in there folks, the demo is coming mid june....
keep this thread updated

Alan Freeman said:
OK... Heres what we can do since i cant add any more people Just Put it in your SIG like this

EXAMPLE: [HL2.NET]ALAN FREEMAN-MEDIC

Done :thumbs:

jimbo118 said:
nah, i was talkin to shaker and he said it shouldnt be too serious, just a get together for all the hl2 peeps, no training or bs like that, just for fun.

even if the clan doesnt happen we should all hook up on some server to see who pwns the most. :dork:

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

Something practical: where are we going to play? Ping will be an issue. Americans can basically only play on a Euro server if there from the east coast. Asians, people from Oz or Kiwi's are even further away (RJMC is too far away as well, but I understand he doesn't have a rig that can run BF2, so let's forget about South America; he is the only south-american on this forum, right?). Anyway, most of us play online so we all must have fav servers.
The only online fps I play regularly is BF:V. I don't like the official EA UK servers. Friendly fire is almost never on, they're full of noobs, team-balancing is off most of the time, etc etc. I do like the Jolt.uk servers. Good atmosphere, good ping (for met at least: 25-35), and semi-teamwork. The servers themself seem pretty good as well, coz they can handle more players than the official max capacity easily (40 in stead of 32). The Boomtown servers are pretty good as well, ping- and otherwise.

Back