BF2 Thread

Mr. Redundant said:
CPU: Genuine Intel P4 2.8ghz
RAM: 1gb 3200 DDR (kingston)
GPU: genuine ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128mb (256 architecture)
Headset/Mic: Altec Lansing - AHS 502 Headset and Mic (decent set for 50 bucks)
Mouse: Logitech MX700

should be sufficient, however I have $500 stashed away specifically for BF2. so if I need to bump up those stats, so be it.

I will determine if I need that performance boost dependant on the demo that is going to be released soon *Squeals*.

new sig, and I just made myself a new avatar :D
Dude i would definatly get a new vid card x800 pro or XT it will double your performance i had a 9800pro then upgraded to a x800 pro 256 mb and i was like damn.

heres a link http://www.beyond3d.com/reviews/ati/r420_x800/index.php?p=15

AmishSlayer said:
Well...my rig is by no means powerful enough to run everything on high, but I'll be getting a new comp sometime this summer.

AMD 2000+
512 MB pc2700
ATI 9600 256mb
etc.

Btw. I wanna add you guys to an hl2.net category on my msn/aim. You should post your aim nick or msn email. We could play some DC in anticipation and it'll make it a lot easier to start playing BF2 when it does come out.
yeah for bf2 ill do anything for a new computer if i didnt have money that is.

Pauly said:
Pssh mines better alan. p4 3.6 ghz 2 gigabytes of ram and a x850xt platinum edition.

Which spots are left Alan? I will play with you guys.
Thats a dream PC im impressed , anyways you can join just make a game tag like the others did and pick a class any class really. :)

P.S. I think the 2nd gig is slowing down your pc unless you have
2 X 1gig sticks, cause i had 4X512 ran the video stress test and it was extreamly slower with 2 gigs of ram. So i took the 2 X 512's out and it ran so much faster. First see what you get in the Video stress test(located in CS SOURCE GAME)with your 2 gigs then try the next step. I would try then testing your PC with 2X512 in stress test you will get better FPS ingame.Let me know how it goes. :)

Pauly said:
Alan, I think demo is coming out sooner. Scott Evans said teh game will be released late june and demo early june. And publication of a game after it goes gold takes around at least 20days and im sure they want the demo to find and fix bugs before game release. Im guessing june 6, 7, 8
You might be right which video was this? If you dont mind tracking it down

Hey guys im going to bed For those of you who havent seen the short but very very sweet videos head out to this link and just click view now theres more than 25 of these videos but each one is AWSOME in its own way TRUST ME watch them thank me later.
P.S. Im sure alot of you have seen these but Hey it doesnt hurt to watch them agian :) BYE ZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzz
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/677/677882/vids_1.html

Alan Freeman said:
DANG i cant sleep now MUST STOP THINKING OF B.......F........2 :(

lol

You made that quite apparent when you made 7 consecutive posts :D

Admit you're a BF2-aholic. It's the first step towards healing.

HAHAAAA! Alan Freeman you're a BF2 fiend! Respect man, im so amped about this game!

lol, well nice to see you all hyped for this game.
my rig (soon to be upgrade)

AthlonXP-M 2400+ @ 2.3 Ghz
1Gb Corsair PC4400 C25 @200fsb 2.0-2-2-2
ATI 9800 pro @ XT
Sony 17' CRT
MX500 and MX1000 (testing)

Nabobalis, an extra 521mb RAM and a 6800gt wouldn't go amiss. :) (You wanted suggestions)

J_Tweedy said:
Nabobalis, an extra 521mb RAM and a 6800gt wouldn't go amiss. :) (You wanted suggestions)

As much as I want a 6800gt I would need a new PSU and I am on a budget ;(
Stupid PC World

Nabobalis said:
As much as I want a 6800gt I would need a new PSU and I am on a budget ;(
Stupid PC World

really. you don't need to buy a 6800 to play in high settings. one from the second newest ati generation should be satisfying enough. they support all the graphical features from bf2 and performing fine. i am sure. it's not that battlefield 2 can be count to the next-gen games.

lonestar said:
really. you don't need to buy a 6800 to play in high settings. one from the second newest ati generation should be satisfying enough. they support all the graphical features from bf2 and performing fine. i am sure. it's not that battlefield 2 can be count to the next-gen games.

I don't want to play on high setting I would like a graphics card that will just run the game

i might get 6800GT, wonder how much it is...

saving time..

but in the meantime will geforce 5200 do for now... on a dell 8300, 2x256 ram

Nabobalis if you live in the U.S. i can send you more ram 512 pc 3200 should help Alot

KoreBolteR said:
i might get 6800GT, wonder how much it is...

saving time..

but in the meantime will geforce 5200 do for now... on a dell 8300, 2x256 ram
korebolter want 2X512's pc 3200 ill send them too you FREE if you live in the U.S. :thumbs:

Kore you should def upgrade the vid card man :D

Well I should be OK, at the moment I've got a 2.8Ghz P4, 1GB PC3200 RAM, and a 9600XT. By the time BF2 comes out though I'll have a 6800GT :)

Alan Freeman said:
korebolter want 2X512's pc 3200 ill send them too you FREE if you live in the U.S. :thumbs:

Me and Kore are in the UK

JiMmEh said:
Well I should be OK, at the moment I've got a 2.8Ghz P4, 1GB PC3200 RAM, and a 9600XT. By the time BF2 comes out though I'll have a 6800GT :)
Nice Jimmeh Nice

Alan Freeman said:

i appreciate the offer very much alan, thx!

but i dont live in the US... i live in the UK :( :bonce:

i just looked in cpu-z and it told me i had 4 memory slots, and im using 2x256 already.. can i buy a 512 and add that to the other 2 too make 1gb?

How much is Postage and Packing to the UK for the USA anyway?
Kore that should work not sure if there will be a drop in speed tho. Just make sure they are the same brand and speed and I think that will be fine. Although I'm not sure

KoreBolteR said:
i appreciate the offer very much alan, thx!

but i dont live in the US... i live in the UK :( :bonce:

i used to have 4X256 then i upgraded to 4X512' to make it 2 gigs but like i said it slowed down my PC alot so i just kept 1 gig and getting rid of the other.

:rolling:
Nabobalis said:
How much is Postage and Packing to the UK for the USA anyway?
Kore that should work not sure if there will be a drop in speed tho. Just make sure they are the same brand and speed and I think that will be fine. Although I'm not sure
I dont know :rolling:

omg freeman stop double, triple posting,AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :) :rolling:

don't mess with our commander jimbo, no suply crates for you m8 ;) he he

yes you can get a 512 and combine it with yours 2*256. it will be good if they are all same speed, but you can set it in bios if they are not, so no problem.

hmmm this maybe have been answered already but I read somewhere that the CE of the game would ship with a headphone mic ..can anyone confirm this?

CptStern said:
hmmm this maybe have been answered already but I read somewhere that the CE of the game would ship with a headphone mic ..can anyone confirm this?
yes, yes it does. :|

CptStern said:

I think that will be the USA only. Its not mentioned(?) on any descriptions on any UK online stores

Gamestop seems to be doing the USB mic thing according to my friends who pre-ordered it

Back