BF2 Thread

Well I am a competetive gamer, a clan that practices is a must for me, if I don't win people die. But we should get together and play, just find some pub server to invade regularly.

Shakermaker said:
Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

Something practical: where are we going to play? Ping will be an issue. Americans can basically only play on a Euro server if there from the east coast. Asians, people from Oz or Kiwi's are even further away (RJMC is too far away as well, but I understand he doesn't have a rig that can run BF2, so let's forget about South America; he is the only south-american on this forum, right?). Anyway, most of us play online so we all must have fav servers.
The only online fps I play regularly is BF:V. I don't like the official EA UK servers. Friendly fire is almost never on, they're full of noobs, team-balancing is off most of the time, etc etc. I do like the Jolt.uk servers. Good atmosphere, good ping (for met at least: 25-35), and semi-teamwork. The servers themself seem pretty good as well, coz they can handle more players than the official max capacity easily (40 in stead of 32). The Boomtown servers are pretty good as well, ping- and otherwise.

we could all just meet up in CS:Source, or Hl2 : DM, it has built in voice communication, and likely if you're a member here you have it.
also steam makes it abundantly easy to track eachother, however that's just my opinion.

Mr. Redundant said:
we could all just meet up in CS:Source, or Hl2 : DM, it has built in voice communication, and likely if you're a member here you have it.
also steam makes it abundantly easy to track eachother, however that's just my opinion.
What about Plan of Attack? I have never played it.

Foxtrot said:
Well I am a competetive gamer, a clan that practices is a must for me, if I don't win people die. But we should get together and play, just find some pub server to invade regularly.

I'm competetive too, but I simply don't have the time to train for online gaming. I'm happy to be able to actually play at all. But when I play online, I prefer playing with people I know. Since basically no-one else I know IRL is a online-gamer (or offline for that matter), it'd be nice to play with you guys.

Shakermaker said:
I'm competetive too, but I simply don't have the time to train for online gaming. I'm happy to be able to actually play at all. But when I play online, I prefer playing with people I know. Since basically no-one else I know IRL is a online-gamer (or offline for that matter), it'd be nice to play with you guys.
I have the whole summer :)

Foxtrot said:
I have the whole summer :)

In the summer I'll be working on week-days and -if all goes well- I'll be fixing up my new house in the weekend. :farmer:

alan, dont worry if they wont fit on your sig, they should fit on mine ;)

KoreBolteR said:
alan, dont worry if they wont fit on your sig, they should fit on mine ;)

I actually like my personal tag. I don't mind being in ur sig tho :cheers:

Alan Freeman said:
Allright should i delete them and just do my name or.....

its up 2 you.. you could ask anyone intrested in joining the clan to put thier tags in thier sigs .... in your sig! :D if you get me

Shakermaker said:
I actually like my personal tag. I don't mind being in ur sig tho :cheers:

I've gotta say I'm with Shaker on this one :)

Ah sweet, Ill join! what positions you got left? and is the demo really in 24 days?
Where does it say it?

Not trying to advertise (even though I am) but if you guys are looking for a good, free BF2 tournament then try http://www.modernwarfare.org . They have a full ranking system and a very coordinated style of gameplay with chain of command type stuff.

They still have some positions open, so sign up now before they're filled. Give me a shoutout too,

Just a suggestion for people who don't like to just play in pubs and clans. Definitely something new and you actually get people that work together in a team!

Edit: You can still be part of a clan and be in a tournament if you're wondering.

dart321 said:
Not trying to advertise (even though I am) but if you guys are looking for a good, free BF2 tournament then try http://www.modernwarfare.org . They have a full ranking system and a very coordinated style of gameplay with chain of command type stuff.

They still have some positions open, so sign up now before they're filled. Give me a shoutout too, I'm [2MC]B|PFC.Vox. (2nd Marine Corps, Bravo Company, Private First Class)

Just a suggestion for people who don't like to just play in pubs and clans. Definitely something new and you actually get people that work together in a team!
Sounds good ill give it a try later when i as UBER 1337 as Foxtrot :LOL:

Pauly said:
Ah sweet, Ill join! what positions you got left? and is the demo really in 24 days?
Where does it say it?
ITs going to be june 15 16 17 IMO One of these days

i seriously cant wait for this game.. i just hope my pc will be 'fit' for it :p

ok what systems have we then? :dork:
me:
3.2ghz p4 :O
gig of ddr2 ram :E
x800xt :cheese:

dell 8400 ;(

Does any one NEED more ram i am giving away FREE ram to anyone who is upgrading for BF2!!! I currently have

2X 512's PC 3200 DDR 400
2X 256's PC 3200 DDR 400
If you need some just PM ME ILL SEND THEM THROUGH THE MAIL NO JOKE

EDIT: only if you really need it please

Alan Freeman said:
is that bad 8400
no its a good machine, its just the whole ''zomg u h4v3 a dell, 7h3y r teh suckorz'' stereotype, it hasn't let me down anyway.

I wouldn't mine joining up with you guys, I'm a good meat shield, I can bumrush a flag better than anyone! I'd be happy with just being a basic grunt with an M16

Alan, I think demo is coming out sooner. Scott Evans said teh game will be released late june and demo early june. And publication of a game after it goes gold takes around at least 20days and im sure they want the demo to find and fix bugs before game release. Im guessing june 6, 7, 8

Dalamari said:
I wouldn't mine joining up with you guys, I'm a good meat shield, I can bumrush a flag better than anyone! I'd be happy with just being a basic grunt with an M16
They dont use m16s in military anymore. they are not efficent guns at all. very poor guns. they use m4s as standard military rifles.

MY PC :
P4 3.2
1 gig corsair
X800PRO 256
21.3" samsung lcd :eek:

Its the same setup as the Giga games guys had in there videos and i emailed them and they said they were running with maxed settings 1024x768 res and they said it ran flawlessly so im def ready. Plus those videos came out about a month ago im sure EA spent more time optimizing the game. Im not sure about AA or AF

jimbo118 said:
no its a good machine, its just the whole ''zomg u h4v3 a dell, 7h3y r teh suckorz'' stereotype, it hasn't let me down anyway.
lol :LOL: lol

Pssh mines better alan. p4 3.6 ghz 2 gigabytes of ram and a x850xt platinum edition.

Which spots are left Alan? I will play with you guys.

Alan Freeman said:
MY PC :
P4 3.2
1 gig corsair
X800PRO 256

Its the same setup as the Giga games guys had in there videos and i emailed them and they said they were running with maxed settings 1024x768 res and they said it ran flawlessly so im def ready. Plus those videos came out about a month ago im sure EA spent more time optimizing the game. Im not sure about AA or AF
i hope i can knock up the aa and af, i play hl2, far cry with 4aa and 16af with a high rez, this should be the same, i hope.

Alan Freeman said:
MY PC :
P4 3.2
1 gig corsair
X800PRO 256
Same... well, apart from the monitor and I have a 3.0Ghz. I don't care how hard it is and how much tweaking it takes, I will use a high resolution with 4xAA/8xAF and 45+ FPS. I'm such a graphics whore ;)

Alan Freeman said:
Does any one NEED more ram i am giving away FREE ram to anyone who is upgrading for BF2!!! I currently have

2X 512's PC 3200 DDR 400
2X 256's PC 3200 DDR 400
If you need some just PM ME ILL SEND THEM THROUGH THE MAIL NO JOKE

EDIT: only if you really need it please

Pretty good deal, Im surprised no one is jumping at this opportunity. Ill take it if no one offers but I dont need it, I have a gig of ram.

On topic...I have a radeon 9800XT and I got it right b4 the new cards came out (****ing technology). I dont think I will be able to run the game well...Im afraid. I have a 3.2 P4, 1 gig of ram and the 256mb 9800XT how do you guys think it will run with very high settings with AA and AF?

If you have a graphix card alan ill take it lol...cause I need one. This 9800XT is messed up.

Right now:
AMD 1800+ @ 1.53 ghz
3x crappy ddr1 256MB
Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis
Crappy Trust mouse
Crappy, itchy, defunct Trust headset

In a couple of days:
AMD Athlon 3500+
2x Dual Channel 512MB
2x Asus N6600GT
Über leet (altho somewhat geeky) Razer Diamondback
Not sure, about the headset. Any advice on that one?

CPU: Genuine Intel P4 2.8ghz
RAM: 1gb 3200 DDR (kingston)
GPU: genuine ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128mb (256 architecture)
Headset/Mic: Altec Lansing - AHS 502 Headset and Mic (decent set for 50 bucks)
Mouse: Logitech MX700

should be sufficient, however I have $500 stashed away specifically for BF2. so if I need to bump up those stats, so be it.

I will determine if I need that performance boost dependant on the demo that is going to be released soon *Squeals*.

new sig, and I just made myself a new avatar :D

Well...my rig is by no means powerful enough to run everything on high, but I'll be getting a new comp sometime this summer.

AMD 2000+
512 MB pc2700
ATI 9600 256mb
etc.

Btw. I wanna add you guys to an hl2.net category on my msn/aim. You should post your aim nick or msn email. We could play some DC in anticipation and it'll make it a lot easier to start playing BF2 when it does come out.

My Specs:

P4 3.0GHz 800 fsb
1 Gig PC3200 DDR SDRAM
ATi X800 XT PE video card

That should be enough to run it on high settings with little to no AA and AF on. :)

satch919 said:
My Specs:

P4 3.0GHz 800 fsb
1 Gig PC3200 DDR SDRAM
ATi X800 XT PE video card

That should be enough to run it on high settings with little to no AA and AF on. :)
Ohh yeah like the new avatar

yeah we will see bf2 in all its... well you know

Back