Black Mesa: Source Update

A

Azlan

Black Mesa: Source is an effort to completely redo Half-Life in the Source Engine. This is a massive undertaking, but the team is dedicated to making it happen. They have released shots of their models this time around. [br]</br>
Take a look:
[br]

[br]The last time I posted news about Black Mesa: Source we had a huge response, some positive and negative. [br]</br>To visit their website, click here.

Those are some really goodlooking models! :)

Wow, looking good!

Is this a mod soley for HL2, or does it require HL:Source to play?

I hope the latter isn't true ;(

first confirmed hl2 expansion, now black mesa source is showing progress. *shudder* i am freaking out here with awesomeness

That garg model looks really nice. In all the times that iv seen it in hl and sven coop ic never noticed its 2 small arms, i guess i was 2 busy running away. :rolleyes:
I think ill be running even fast in BM:S, it looks alot more threatening now.

Looks nice. Keep it up!

Once done this will surely be one of the most played mods.

Wow, I'm very impressed.

That Garg looks... Insane.

this = teh win

the satchel looks great, as does everything else! :D amazing

Yay! Beautiful models! I'm quite worried because the completely remaking HL for Source enginge must be very hard... and I'm sure it took a lot of time. So I'm crossing my fingers for this mod :)

This is something to look forward too :D
i think this modification will be big, popular etc :D

I've come out of my many months of lurking to say that this mod is seriously going to own.

Looks freakin awesome!! I love the satchel! Can't wait to toss it on some poor, unsuspecting marine and boooooooommmmmm! Is there any way to do the model gibbing like before, so you can truly blow them apart or are you just going with ragdoll? I wish you could have ragdoll until a certain amount of damage then splat. Looks great guys! Keep up the good work!

eh, I think the satchel is a little plane ^^
but everything else is good or friggin awesome, especially the Gargantua.

wow i was worried they were gonna hafta change the looks a lot but that garguanta model looks awesome

Keep up the awsome work! Any news on the release date?

It looks really good but people remember that the garg has to be low poly ingame and wont look as good as in the render.

Good luck Black Mesa team!

Betelgeuze said:
It looks really good but people remember that the garg has to be low poly ingame and wont look as good as in the render.

Good luck Black Mesa team!

not when you have... normal maps! :O

what's even better, which I think they are shooting for, is if this mod becomes a hit then hopefully valve will recognize their talents and hire them on to work for them. Maybe even hire them before release of the mod so they can sell it in stores.

wlodi, nice avatar, poets of the fall :)

garg model looking crazy.

It looks excellent as usual. I pray they finish before Half-Life 3's release - playing Source-quality Half-Life and Half-Life 2 before Half-Life 3 will be, in a word, orgasmic.

yea that garg looks awesome. Wonder how they'll get it in game.......... hopefully their good with normal maps and stuff

Looking good :)
The handgrenade skin looks a bit 'bumpy' and rough, as if it were made out of a stoney material. That's my only criticism.

Fully agree, Gargantua looks totally fantastic, I wonder if they put this hi-res model into the game? 2006 looks really far for me, eh...

Nice to know irjoe that you know PotF ;)

Back