Black Mesa Update News

zomg itz ze Geeh-manh

1164685279bm6tk8.jpg

Yeah, I was about to say, that's not new! :eek:

As for the glock, it's probably the lighting in that screenshot and also the skin that make it not look so good. If the skin reflected a bit more light (was more shiny) it might look a bit more metallic.
That, plus the silly green LED things on it.

the problem with BM Source is that Source itself is getting old, so eventually when it will come out, Source will look like the old Quake 2 engine looked like when HL2 came out.

Your watch is ticking too fast then in your world. Source still looks great, and is being forever updated so no, it's not getting old.

*Also this mod is now called Black Mesa (no Source on the end).

the problem with BM Source is that Source itself is getting old, so eventually when it will come out, Source will look like the old Quake 2 engine looked like when HL2 came out.

^No.

HL2 level graphics + HDR and other stuff = win.

looks friggin sweet. My only constructive criticism is that the shotgun in game model seems to be backward - ala CS:S where the ejection port is on the left side of the gun where it should be on the right.

ok now that I've seen all the screenshots, forget what I said above! lol

I just hope that headcrabs don't jump off dead zombies. I like it old-school style.

I doubt this'll see a 2007 release. I'd love it if it did, but with an undertaking of this scale and the high standards the team are trying to apply, I can't see that happening. I'm hoping 2008 should be possible though.

Episodic content... > >

...has already been ruled out for a number of reasons, chief among them that they're not developing the chapters in chronological order.

I for one would be wholy shocked if Valve hired the 20-30 man BM team and endorse BM enough to release it for cash. In fact, the only puplic info on any contact between the BM team and Valve has been distancing. The thing they have said to the team (that we know of) is "Take the word Source out of your name".

I don't think it is 'distancing' to defend one's trademarks. And, IIRC, one interview of the BM team mentioned that Valve had expressed an interest in seeing their work once they had gotten further along.

I was thinking more like mid or late 2007, if this was Valve developing BM:S mod then it would be 2008 or 2009 *thinks Valve time*.

If we're lucky, a late 2007 release could be possible. But with such a huge project like this a 2008 release is much more likely.

All manner of wrong.

Hmmm, impressive. I propose we lock the coders in their respective rooms and flog them repeatedly until the project is completed. They'll have until mid-2007 and if they fail to meet that then... Well, that's a surprise *Cracks knuckles*

confused

Wait i'm confused. What is this game? You being an acsual scientist inside Black Mesa and working for the company!? or what! i'm so confused never heard of it untill now! it seems like VALVe is taking on alot with No More Room In hell, Left 4 Dead, and the Episode 2 coming out soon.

Wait i'm confused. What is this game? You being an acsual scientist inside Black Mesa and working for the company!? or what! i'm so confused never heard of it untill now! it seems like VALVe is taking on alot with No More Room In hell, Left 4 Dead, and the Episode 2 coming out soon.

This isn't Valve.

Have you played Half-Life (the original)? This is a remaking of that, done by a group of fans of the original. The "actual scientist" you play is Gordon Freeman, the same guy you play in Half-Life 2.

SECHS.

I can't wait to play this.

I noticed something while looking at the stripes of the Houndeyes. Either they are glowing and I'm just seeing splotches on the skin, or it looks like you can see internal organs.

Can you legally sell something like a game modification?

If not, then I would seriously pitch selling this with Valve at some sort of 50/50 split. I'm sure they are down for making an extra buck for nothing...

I would certianly buy this in order to benefit the developement team, as well as speed up the priority this has in their lives... ESPECIALLY if you guys could make Op Force and Blue Shift remakes as well...

Anyways, it is coming along really well. I love hos it doesnt have the lineal look of the first HL. Repetative textures and structures really suck. This game looks like it will draw you into the visually stunning environment of a realistic research and developement facility. Facilities look like facilities, tunnels look like tunnels, and the outside looks like the outside. Very well done... This game remake is being done 100% for the visual element, and you guys are capturing it perfectly...

(p.s. the zombie/scientist contract looks way too different. I am assuming that you will have various models for both (hopefully...), but the zombie's clothes look unrealistically dark compaired to the bright clothes of the scientist)

Imagine your skin rotting, and how it's most likely going to ooze. Add that to being on the floor and I'm certain you are going to get somewhat dirty.

mayb just a spot or two of areas that are still 'less dirty'... It's just hard to tell that THAT Zombie comes from THAT scientist, if you know what I mean. That little bit of compairitive visual realism will really keep people drawn into the experience... It's one of the things that was most stimulating in the early areas of the original HL experience...

Back