[choppy gameplay] This Vortal Coil

Y

YtseJam

Hi all,
Bought E2, enjoying it :) However...

I have now reached the end of The Vortal Coil chapter, to where the alien thingies are using the object I helped retrieve to save Alex. Once the animation segmen begins it goes all-choppy with stttering and the like (remember the big problem everyone had with stuttering back in the HL2 days? Like that...)

Anyone experience this as well? Any workaround? Is this a Known Issue?

Thanks for any reply (unless it's stupid, lame, etc... :p)

I got this problem too I think it is caused by missing files for facial animation for someone in this scene.

In that case, I hope Valve is aware of this and will post a patch...

I played through the game once without a hitch. Now, on the second run through with commentary, there's been some massive stuttering, a second outburst completely froze up the game, and I had to go to task manager to close it.

Maybe its commentary related, I don't know.

Edit: both of these in the second chapter in the antlion tunnels and defending with the turrets.

i am also having the exact same problem that you described in the original post

I get a bit of stuttering here & there. But on the whole my experience was let down by my rig. It ran very slow in parts & as for the flashlight - forget it! The new lighting /shadow FX are nice but they come at a price it seems. I think it's very bad programming. Clearly there's little in the way of optimization if the flashlight has that big of a hit on performance. Doom 3 ran like a dream on my rig & even on my older set-up & the lighting FX in that were phenominal.

WinXP-SP2.

I cannot comment about stuttering during any other parts of the game.
Untill this [end of] chapter, everything has been running smoothly.

This appears to also happen next to the chopper, right before Alex and Gordon are about to go onboard. When the "movie" begins, the choppyness returns.
Since the "movie" of Alex's healing to this movie, there was no choppyness, so I guess the problem is with in-game movie clips.

Happened with me as well and at the end when
Eli got killed.
I had to watch it on YouTube for perfection :(

Can you please link me to this youtube clip?
Also, if you know of a link to the G man clip when Alex is being healed, I'd appreciate if you'll post it as well. :)

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=wLkuRVFqbMY[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=9PM8JnVbHN4[/url][/YOUTUBE]

Back