Collectors Edition will include... Er. HOW MUCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

songwriter

Reaction score
This isnt my news. I found it on HL Fallout.

A post there said that

Gabe Newell announced at the Electonic Expo (E3), that Half-life would be sold in 3 different boxes: Singleplayer, Singleplayer and Multiplayer, and the Collectors edition. VALVe had not released any information concerning the Collectors edition until today.

The Collector Edition will feature the full Half-life 2 game in a special collection metal box whit plastic figures, posters and other goodies such as the sources conversions and more. ;)

It will be available for purchase for :

$120.00 EUR (Euro)
$145.53 USD (United States Dollars)
$79.11 GBP (United Kingdom Pounds)
$198.93 CAD (Canadian dollars)

If that is true. Then....

EIGHTY QUID!!!! Do you get 9800pro in there or summet!?

There's no way in the WORLD I'd pay $145 for that

£79.11 since when in the WORLD have you EVER known a price in the UK to have 11p

its either 99p or 50p or 25p its never 11p

songwriter said:
This isnt my news. I found it on HL Fallout.

A post there said that

Gabe Newell announced at the Electonic Expo (E3), that Half-life would be sold in 3 different boxes: Singleplayer, Singleplayer and Multiplayer, and the Collectors edition. VALVe had not released any information concerning the Collectors edition until today.

The Collector Edition will feature the full Half-life 2 game in a special collection metal box whit plastic figures, posters and other goodies such as the sources conversions and more. ;)

It will be available for purchase for :

$120.00 EUR (Euro)
$145.53 USD (United States Dollars)
$79.11 GBP (United Kingdom Pounds)
$198.93 CAD (Canadian dollars)

If that is true. Then....

EIGHTY QUID!!!! Do you get 9800pro in there or summet!?

$200...forget that.

150 DOLLARS!!! JEBUS!!!

And does the MP + SP cost 50? Then what does the SP only cost?

NO ONE would pay that kind of money for it, except maybe some rabid fanboys that worship pictures of Gabe.

Andy018 said:
£79.11 since when in the WORLD have you EVER known a price in the UK to have 11p

its either 99p or 50p or 25p its never 11p

They were obvoiusly given a EURO price and used a converter. Keep up.

Yeah, I saw that post at HL2Fallout too. No offense to you or the original poster, but it's secondhand information gleaned from a foreign language site. It could be a bad translation or (more likely) just plain mistaken. In any case, next to nobody would pay $145 for a retail game package, collector's edition or no.

SMT said:
Yeah, I saw that post too. No offense to you or the original poster, but it's secondhand information from a foreign language site.

Oh yeah I know it is. but i'd thought id share.

I'd really like the figures, but its not worth the money.

You guys are kidding, that's almost $450,00 in brazilian currency(Reais)!!!!!!!

Rip-off, I'm not gonna buy that unless it has a bunch of other games.

Why would you want plastic figures and a tin box when all you really need is Half-Life 2?

Like you'd find time to treasure your plastic figures and tin box whilst blasting away in HL2 anyway.

Steam all the way for me, although I can see why some hardcore fanatics would want the collectors edition.

I want them because I like to sleep with a row of approximately 10 randomly chosen action figures on the pillow next to me.

I guess I'll buy them over ebay.

buy the regular version and buy the other stuff cheap off e-bay when the buyer finds out what a rip off the platium pack was.

The ONLY reason that might be worth it is it says it includes the source conversions.. still, I only really want CS: Source, maybe HL1: Source

Not worth it, IMO

Those are just estimates, no one can know for sure how much it's gonna cost.

Okay, before everyone freaks out (heh, too late):

Murray_H asked: Price range for HL2 collectors edition?

Greg Coomer said:
Not sure yet. But this reminds me, I've got to do some work on the packaging for the retail collector's edition. Doug Lombardi and I have been looking into some different metal containers, but I'm really behind on nailing down the details.

Greg posted this on 6/17. Considering that, I highly doubt that the contents, much less the cost, of the HL2 Collector's Edition have been finalized. So let's all calm down. :rolleyes:

id pay it... if it comes with the source conversions then it will be a hella lot cheaper than buying each one separately. Don't think that you are gonna be able to buy all the source conversions combined for 50 bucks US or something, because they won't be that cheap.

damn, its sad when you have to sell crack to afford a video game :(

lol im jokin ;x i hope thats not the real price tho. we need some confirmation on whats included and the price anyways.

If you really get 5 games on like 2 or 3 DVD's with posters in a nice metal box and some other nice extra's, I think it's worth it. That is, if the Source mods are good.

There is NO WAY in Hell that it could be THAT expensive.
Simply no way.
If you are worried about the price, then Pre-Order now, the company is obligated to follow the original contract price so if it is a bit more expensive then it should not affect you.

Well guys, there is a reason it's called the Collectors Edition, it's obviously going to be a very limited edition version of HL2 intended for the real true blue Half Life fanatics, who would be insane enough to pay that sort of money (Thats over $250 in New Zealand).

Also, read it again carefully....

The Collector Edition will feature the full Half-life 2 game in a special collection metal box whit plastic figures, posters and other goodies such as the sources conversions and more.

I think this proves that HL2 MP is something other than the Source ports :D :LOL:
That makes me very very happy.

SMT said:
Okay, before everyone freaks out (heh, too late):

Murray_H asked: Price range for HL2 collectors edition?

Greg posted this on 6/17. Considering that, I highly doubt that the contents, much less the cost, of the HL2 Collector's Edition have been finalized. So let's all calm down. :rolleyes:

thanks for posting that... i was about to have heart attack :x
im not gonna believe anything until theres some sort of confirmation from Valve :)

so how much is it for the multiplayer/single player?

I think we're currently looking at the average $50.

i sure hope so...and i guess SP only will be 30

That is absolutely ridiculous for any collectors edition

Reasonably it should be $50 for the single and multiplayer and $80 sounds just right for the collectors edition... i lot more reasonable than $150!!!!! I could buy 3 new games for that price!

Usually games are around 30 pound in the UK. I would buy it if it was around 55 pounds (If it included source conversions as well).

okay.. honestly.. $200 dollars Canadian is way too much for a Collectors Edition...
i wouldn't mind playing $100 dollars Canadian as long as they include a reasonable number of goodies including the source conversions of MP mods that have been mentioned to death.

btw, in hopes that someone from Valve is reading the forums here.. i hope pple post their expectations of the Collectors Edition (please be reasonable tho :p ) and hopefully Valve is taking note of these things :)

aeroripper said:
That is absolutely ridiculous for any collectors edition

Reasonably it should be $50 for the single and multiplayer and $80 sounds just right for the collectors edition... i lot more reasonable than $150!!!!! I could buy 3 new games for that price!

Well if it were 80 bucks, everyone would buy it. Its called a collector's edition for a reason :p You are getting the game, source ports, nice box, and goodies... I'd say that $150 is reasonable.

With your reasoning, the source ports all together should cost like 20 bucks (im saying that the goodies ad $10). There is no possible way that valve is going to sell the ports for that cheap, no way at all.

Honestly, the price is high, but ALL the source ports, that's HL1 source, DoD source, CS source, TFC source, DMC source? If the source ports are priced at $20-30 retail, seperately, the price makes sense...

well maybe $100 for it max... it seems stupid to hafta buy each source conversion seperately for $20-30 when its just a mod anyways

look at the price of CS in stores (not sure how much it is now, or what it was when it first came out...), Valve didn't do hardly anything with CS and they just stuck it in stores. With the ports, they actually are re-doing levels and putting in physics, new models, etc... I expect that the ports are going to be ~40 bucks a piece, maybe less for OF or BS..

songwriter said:
They were obvoiusly given a EURO price and used a converter. Keep up.

Personally....er... Nah too expensive to be true...

well for such a shoddy contents its too expensive anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back