Collectors Edition will include... Er. HOW MUCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alec_85 said:
If it's too expensive don't buy it. Quite simple :p

Sidenote: What's up with all the upside-down avatars?

go to the General Off-topic section of the forum and u shall find out :p

i am not sure what to make of a $150 CDN price for the Collectors Edition...hmm. i guess if it had all the things that most posters here have mentioned i'd get..

/me admits
i am a bit of a collector... :E

Dr. Freeman said:
go to the General Off-topic section of the forum and u shall find out :p

i am not sure what to make of a $150 CDN price for the Collectors Edition...hmm. i guess if it had all the things that most posters here have mentioned i'd get..

/me admits
i am a bit of a collector... :E

It's $199 CAD
$146 USD

Shuzer said:
Upside-down avatars? Must be a problem on your end ;)
Find that hard to believe :p Yours is that way in case you didn't know ;)

Dr. Freeman said:
omg!
its the price police!

/me runs :LOL:

I r hunt u dwn!!111
Just thought I'd point it out, since $50 dollars is $50 dollars.

Alec_85 said:
Find that hard to believe :p Yours is that way in case you didn't know ;)

I have no idea what you're talking about :D

alec_85, check your settings,......or your head......upside down avatars?

Shuzer said:
I have no idea what you're talking about :D
Sure you don't :E

Edit: So when are we getting a confirmation on these relatively realistic prices?

probably after a gold announcement, may be sooner, are we even sure of a simutaneous release for the versions?

haha, I love how everyone is flipping out, and converting it to their own currency to make it sound even worse.

0mgz5!!!!11111 thats teh 16,350 yen!!!!1111one

So if that IS the actual price, In my opinion $150USD isnt all that much for what it includes. I wouldnt think twice about buying the CE at that price.

80 quid isnt that much for people who have a job. thats like the price of 2 new games, not an astronomical amount imo.

Digerati said:
haha, I love how everyone is flipping out, and converting it to their own currency to make it sound even worse.

0mgz5!!!!11111 thats teh 16,350 yen!!!!1111one

So if that IS the actual price, In my opinion $150USD isnt all that much for what it includes. I wouldnt think twice about buying the CE at that price.
THANK YOU :E You said it man!

Yeah thats easily affordable for me and well worth it considering that I've only ever had to pay for HL1 once back in 1998-9 and yet I've played nearly every single game that Valve have 'released' since.

Considering it contains about 50€ worth of HL2, 50€ of bonus source conversions, and a bunch of stuff other than that... I'd definitly consider it. I wouldn't say it's "easily affordable" though. It's still a wad o' money...

I'll buy it at $150, because its worth it to me, but god damn that's a lot of money. WTF is Valve thinking?!

Time To Check Back Into The Mental Hospital.. I Think Im Seeing Things Again

I got the WarCraft 3 Collectors Edition which came with some nice stuff for only $50.

Kschreck said:
I got the WarCraft 3 Collectors Edition which came with some nice stuff for only $50.
Then I think you were lucky. AFAIK, it was released at a price of $120 (approx.). At least here in Sweden. Nowadays, it can be found for $35 (approx.).

But HL2 will according to the list, include a lot more expensive material than the WC3 box.

im waiting for a final word on the price
cause i doubt its gonna be that much
still tempted to buy though :p

$150 is a bit high. thats like a decent motherboard and cpu upgrade!(amd anyway)

poseyjmac said:
$150 is a bit high. thats like a decent motherboard and cpu upgrade!(amd anyway)

yeah its high.. but if it includes alot stuff..say for example all the major Source conversions, a headcrab toy, posters, "The Making of" disc/deleted scenes/levels.. u get the picture..

all that adds up.. and yeah it could cost $150 but it depends on what Valve is planning for it.

$150 is ridiculous, even with the Source ports(of which only CS is getting significant modification, the others are little more than straight ports). I hope it's false, the pure audacity to charge that much for a game and some recycled stuff is Rumsfeldian in scope. More power to the hardcore fans that would buy it, I wouldn't.

In australian money, its about $90 for a new release game here. A colectors game with box and goodies is about $130.

Dod:Source and CS:Source would probably be abour $40 each minimum. The pack would have those, proably team fortress 2, hl1 source. Its probably going to be cheaper than everything seperatly.

Get a job you bums.

None of this is official. It came from some french fan site. I think in the end they decided it was made up.

urseus said:
Dod:Source and CS:Source would probably be abour $40 each minimum.

Gabe said in an email that the Source conversions would be available for "bargin bin" prices... u can look in the Info from Valve thread for that...

anyway i wouldn't consider $40 per Source conversion a "bargin bin" price.. :|

In australian money it is cheap....a brand new game here is around $90, i think its like 50 in america isnt it.

urseus said:
In australian money it is cheap....a brand new game here is around $90, i think its like 50 in america isnt it.

oh..
i thought u were talking about these conversions being $40 US dollars :LOL:
Aussie money and Canadian money are almost the same..

aight.
just did a conversion

$100 Canadian = $106.27 Austrailian :)

holy sh*t dude, 120€... no collector's edition for me...

crap man, i ain't payin 198.98 for a CE edition. then again. It's limited...
still i could buy alot more with 200 dollars on other stuff. (booze, smokes). Than half-life 2.

Never in my life will I pay that for a computer game and just some added in "stuff" like posters or figures or behind the scenes videos...have too many bills to pay in real life I'm afraid. :(

Oh wow look I'm back ^_^

Anyhow, £80 does seem a bit steep, but depending on the amount of HL1->Source conversions that comes with, it may well be worth it? Half-Life 1 on source would make a brilliant game, TFC, CS and any others would probably mean I wouldn't have to buy another game for quite a while, in which case £80 isn't as bad as it first seems. Not to mention you get a collectable item, box, posters, figures, etc.

Needless to say, I'll be putting £80 aside in case this information is accurate and it does cost £80, although I'm hoping it's cheaper (can put the spare funds towards a new graphics card!) :D

only of the body, most people here are only whoring out their intellects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back