Collectors Edition will include... Er. HOW MUCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
songwriter said:
This isnt my news. I found it on HL Fallout.

A post there said that

Gabe Newell announced at the Electonic Expo (E3), that Half-life would be sold in 3 different boxes: Singleplayer, Singleplayer and Multiplayer, and the Collectors edition. VALVe had not released any information concerning the Collectors edition until today.

The Collector Edition will feature the full Half-life 2 game in a special collection metal box whit plastic figures, posters and other goodies such as the sources conversions and more. ;)

It will be available for purchase for :

$120.00 EUR (Euro)
$145.53 USD (United States Dollars)
$79.11 GBP (United Kingdom Pounds)
$198.93 CAD (Canadian dollars)

If that is true. Then....

EIGHTY QUID!!!! Do you get 9800pro in there or summet!?

Source conversions sound good, but its too expensive and there will be some trouble if the CE is the only way u can get the conversions.

Well obviously it won't be the only way but it'll be a hell of a lot more convenient to have them all ready to be installed compared to the people that have to download them off of steam.

It would be doing Steams workload a massive favour.

200 bucks canadian for a 9800 pro? I wish. Im still waiting for a price drop from $350 (futureshop and best buy have it for $300 tho)

There is no way im paying 200 for HL2 anyway, o well, if this is true, which I doubt it is, I'll definitely be going for the regular version.

150 bucks, i wouldn't pay a penny over $75. seriously i can buy a months worth of grocerys for myself with $150....HL2 is good but not good enough to not eat for a month.

Guys this is obviously not true so why bother getting angry at it?

If you watch the new video of CS:Source over at csnation it got an interview with Erik Johnson and Cliffe. Now the problem is its been dubbed over into german (cos its for a german games mag), but apparently people who can speak german have stated that it says CS:Source will be a free download when you buy Half-Life 2 (check the CS:Source forum). So I should expect it will be something different in the CE

Ok you can't buy a 9800pro for 200. But 35 off, that's still too close for comfort!:D

http://atic.ca/index.php?page=LongDesc&sku=06643

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12069&manufacture=SAPPHIRE&promoid=1001

For me 200 is leagues out of what I'd consider for a game.

The things I'd be most interested in if they were included would be media type stuff. Extra cuts of stuff(whatever that might be, if that's even included? I thought I heard something like that might be included), or any other extra media that might be included, high def versions of the bink videos, interviews, stuff you can sit down and relax and watch, cool stuff related to Valve/HL etc. You guys know how Lord of the Rings releases those special editions with all that "the making of" and stuff? I love those!! I would probably buy something like that if it were related.

Have we confirmed yet that it comes with an Alyx blow up doll? :devil:

Already have it pre ordered and will be picking it up at my local eb store when it ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back