Confirmed Sightings * SPOILERS *

The stun prod is not an enemy. :D
The little blue rolling metal ball things should be added. (many videos)
And the health packs are on the docks in one of the crates (i believe both). (e3 2004 HL2/CS:Source video)

EDIT: In the e3 2004 HL2/CS: Source video, At 5:32 (When you and the lady are going down the elevator), there is some wierd creature that has green 'electricity' radiating from it in every direction. Then starting at 5:35, i think you are able to see DOG on the lowest level that the elevator will take you. once you get out, DOG (or whatever it is) moves away and is in the back doing something with a blue beam when Eli/that lady talk to you. It ends at about 6:24.

No, both the green electricity creatures and the creature talking to Eli/using the blue beam are Vortigaunts.

Brian Damage said:
No, both the green electricity creatures and the creature talking to Eli/using the blue beam are Vortigaunts.

Ahh, thank you.

Also, has anyone noticed that there are two versions of when the striders attack the city (presumably city 17)? One is where you die in this hollowed out ground when a strider shoots at you, the other when you are behind those pillars of a building and a strider shoots you there.

One of them is the e3 2004 video, the other is by kikizo.com it says (lower right hand corner of the screen. I got it from gametrailers.com)

Brian Damage said:
S****** = S.N.I.G.G.E.R.

Funny... :LOL:

ohh ok

i thought it may have been "shitbutt" but then again, that dosent make any sence :|

Chris_D said:
acme420, I'll once again ask you to stop doing this. I don't care if what you're saying is true or made up, it's getting very annoying and very boring. Stop it and that's the last time I'll be warning you.

are you sure you were warning the right person? this is the first ive heard of these "warnings".

why does the thread say confirmed sightings and spoilers if im not allowed to talk about any of it?

because it is either from the beta or your imagination, this is a thread about actual info from official sources

Brian Damage said:
S****** = S.N.I.G.G.E.R.

Funny... :LOL:

erm sn*gger isnt a ****in, word unless you're in the clan, i think the word you are seeking is snicker, like the candy bar.

there both actuall words, i always thought it was s******

acme420 said:
erm sn*gger isnt a ****in, word unless you're in the clan, i think the word you are seeking is snicker, like the candy bar.
As I didn't technically warn you about the first one I'll let you off. But please only post official sources.

acme420 said:

I think you'll find it is a word. It has different roots than any racial slur.

Also, this thread is for OFFICIAL information from the OFFICIAL videos. It says that at the top.

Chris_D said:
As I didn't technically warn you about the first one I'll let you off. But please only post official sources.

did you grab the wrong quote?

im gonna have to push for that to be changed. snicker is just fine, imho sn*gger was just some shit they added to dictionaries so that white people could have just cause to say n*gger in a sentence in "polite society" and get away with it.

acme420 said:
im gonna have to push for that to be changed. snicker is just fine, imho sn*gger was just some shit they added to dictionaries so that white people could have just cause to say n*gger in a sentence in "polite society" and get away with it.

That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

yeah, im sure thay changed the dictionary for that sole purpose so that people could say a word that rhymes with n*gger.

I suppose thats why "hunt" is in the dictionary then...

can we get back on topic please

Yup, 'tis s****** aroundabout these parts, pilgrim. Meaning Australia, where I live.

Also, I think that smaller Strider is just a normal one that's gone slightly berserk. Seems to stand up towards the end of the vid...

Brian Damage said:
Yup, 'tis s****** aroundabout these parts, pilgrim. meaning Australia, where I live.

Also, I think that smaller Strider is just a normal one that's gone slightly berserk. Seems to stand up towards the end of the vid...

beserk you say...

*burnzie runs

ps yeah i thought i was right about sn*gger

Yeah so can we please steer this topic away from the ethics of the English language and racial slurs please?

In fact, can we just get it back ON topic please?

In my opinion the shotgun looks really pussy, it seems quite powerful, should look really beefy like the Definition pack model, with that Boom sound.
Did u put on the Rocket launching tank? in the e32k4 vid, its shootin' at the hoverboat. It took me so long to get to this page, i cant remember the original list :)

oh i just snickered at that comment (plz dont ban me for racism) let me guess, "tee hee" is a way for people to politely make fun of american indians, because it sounds like "teepee"

Enemies/Allies.

HeadCrabs : E3 2004 Video, Traptown (BINK).
Zombies : E3 2004 Video, Traptown (BINK), Docks (BINK).
Combine Soldiers : E3 2004 Video , Traptown (BINK), Barricade (BINK), Tunnels(BINK), Bugbait (BINK).
Striders : Striders Video (BINK), Kleiners Lab (BINK), E3 2004 Video.
Combine Gunship : Barricade (BINK), CoastLine (BINK).
Hydra/s : Tunnels (BINK).
Antlions : Bugbait (BINK), E3 2004 Video.
Antlion Guard : Bugbait (BINK).
G-Man : G-Man Video (BINK), Psyche (BINK), E3 2004 Video.
Eli Vance : E3 2004 Video.
Vortigants : E3 2004 Video.
Alyx Vance : E3 2004 Video, Kleiners Lab (BINK).
Barney : Barricade (BINK)
Dr Breen : E3 2004 Video.
Speed/Corpse Zombies : E3 2004 Video
Metrocops : E3 2004 Video
Combine Helicopter : E3 2004 Video
Combine APC : E3 2004 Video
Man Hacks : Tunnels (BINK)
Scanners : Kleiners Lab (BINK)
Dr Mossman : E3 2004 Video
Father Gregori : E3 2004 Video.
Dr. Kleiner : E3 2004 Video
Rollermines : E3 2004 Video
Sentry Guns : Bugbait (BINK), Barricade (BINK)
Helicopter Mines : E3 2004 Video
Missile Launchers : E3 2004 Video ( Hovercraft Part)

Weapons

Crowbar : E3 2004 video, Tunnels (BINK), Traptown (BINK)
MP7 : Barricade (BINK), Striders Video (BINK), E3 2004 video, Kleiners Lab (BINK)
USP : Tunnels (BINK), Traptown (BINK), E3 2004 video.
Rocket Launcher : E3 2004 video.
Shotgun : E3 2004 video, Traptown (BINK)
XM-29 SABR OICW : Bugbait (BINK).
Manipulator : Traptown (BINK), E3 2004 video, Striders video (BINK).
HE Grenade : Barricade (BINK), Traptown (BINK).
Flare Gun : Barricade (BINK), E3 2004 video, Tunnels (BINK)
Magnum : E3 2004 video.
Crossbow : E3 2004 video (Weapon Selection)
Psygun : E3 2003 Demo (Possible Weapon)
Stun Prod : E3 2004 Video (Enemy Weapon)
IR Rifle : E3 2004 Video
Alien Pheremone Balls : Bugbait (BINK)

Items/Vehicles

Recharge HEV Shield Packs : E3 2004 Video.
Buggy : Coastline (BINK), E3 2004 Video.
HoverCraft : E3 2004 Video.
Health Packs : E3 2004 Video (Strider Area)

I Updated the List .......... yet again.

What about the Gluon gun on the buggy and the machine gun on the hovercraft...?

Can't see those mentioned anywhere...

And if you are adding vehicles / items that you can operate during the course of the game I guess you will have to add the crane with the electromagnet on it as a vehicle :)

Don't forget the citzens/rebels. they may not be the heroes, but they're people too. :p

Dr. Kliener
Prowler
Poison headcrab (whatever that pic was)
Dark headcrab (once again..)

I'm not including concept sketches in this as they're only that, concepts. If I see them in a video however, I'll add them :)

And yes, I have added Dr Kleiner to the list, and I'll add Citizens + Rebels in next update too .......

I would suggest updating the list on the first page when you post the updated lists (makes it easier to find for those who aren't reading the discussion.)

How ?
My 15 min editing time is long past, but if a mod wants to move the current list to the First Page List, I'd (And many others ) would be grateful.

Thanks

Oops, didn't think about that :eek:. But yeah, if a mod could update it, that would be great :D

Enemies/Allies.

HeadCrabs : E3 2004 Video, Traptown (BINK).
Zombies : E3 2004 Video, Traptown (BINK), Docks (BINK).
Combine Soldiers : E3 2004 Video , Traptown (BINK), Barricade (BINK), Tunnels(BINK), Bugbait (BINK).
Striders : Striders Video (BINK), Kleiners Lab (BINK), E3 2004 Video.
Combine Gunship : Barricade (BINK), CoastLine (BINK).
Hydra/s : Tunnels (BINK).
Antlions : Bugbait (BINK), E3 2004 Video.
Antlion Guard : Bugbait (BINK).
G-Man : G-Man Video (BINK), Psyche (BINK), E3 2004 Video.
Eli Vance : E3 2004 Video.
Vortigants : E3 2004 Video.
Alyx Vance : E3 2004 Video, Kleiners Lab (BINK).
Barney : Barricade (BINK)
Dr Breen : E3 2004 Video.
Speed/Corpse Zombies : E3 2004 Video
Metrocops : E3 2004 Video
Combine Helicopter : E3 2004 Video
Combine APC : E3 2004 Video
Man Hacks : Tunnels (BINK)
Scanners : Kleiners Lab (BINK)
Dr Mossman : E3 2004 Video
Father Gregori : E3 2004 Video.
Dr. Kleiner : E3 2004 Video
Rollermines : E3 2004 Video
Sentry Guns : Bugbait (BINK), Barricade (BINK)
Helicopter Mines : E3 2004 Video
Missile Launchers : E3 2004 Video ( Hovercraft Part)
Citizens/Rebels : E3 2004 video

Weapons

Crowbar : E3 2004 video, Tunnels (BINK), Traptown (BINK)
MP7 : Barricade (BINK), Striders Video (BINK), E3 2004 video, Kleiners Lab (BINK)
USP : Tunnels (BINK), Traptown (BINK), E3 2004 video.
Rocket Launcher : E3 2004 video.
Shotgun : E3 2004 video, Traptown (BINK)
XM-29 SABR OICW : Bugbait (BINK).
Manipulator : Traptown (BINK), E3 2004 video, Striders video (BINK).
HE Grenade : Barricade (BINK), Traptown (BINK).
Flare Gun : Barricade (BINK), E3 2004 video, Tunnels (BINK)
Magnum : E3 2004 video.
Crossbow : E3 2004 video (Weapon Selection)
Psygun : E3 2003 Demo (Possible Weapon)
Stun Prod : E3 2004 Video (Enemy Weapon)
IR Rifle : E3 2004 Video
Alien Pheremone Balls : Bugbait (BINK)
Gluon Gun (Attached to Buggy) : E3 2004 Video, Coastline (BINK)
Machine Gun (Attached to Hovercraft) : E3 2004 Video
Electromagnet : E3 2004 Video
Batons (Subway Police) : E3 2004 Video

Items/Vehicles

Recharge HEV Shield Packs : E3 2004 Video.
Buggy : Coastline (BINK), E3 2004 Video.
HoverCraft : E3 2004 Video.
Health Packs : E3 2004 Video (Strider Area)
Crane : E3 2004 video

This is the latest update ...... :)

The Tau Cannon is attached to the buggy, not the Gluon Gun.

And the Missile launchers and the Combine APC are the same thing, I'm pretty sure. I think they're called 'carriers'.

And the Black Headcrab still isn't listed! :p

Also, there is the non-combine APC from the coastline vid.

Wow, I just realized that we still only know around 2/5 of the enemies that will be in the game. :D

when you think that all of the charachters and weapons represent artistic sculptures and the animations are like choreography. We are getting this game reallly cheap.

if you bought that many sculptures and paintings (textures) and employed choreographers. it would be really expensive

Shows you why its taken so long. :|

ne-waller said:
when you think that all of the charachters and weapons represent artistic sculptures and the animations are like choreography. We are getting this game reallly cheap.

if you bought that many sculptures and paintings (textures) and employed choreographers. it would be really expensive

Shows you why its taken so long. :|

thats a neat way off puting it...

just dont let valve catch on or we could be up for $1000's :D

Ok this is bugging me way more than it should

But stop posting those as having been found in E3:2004 BINKS
Your thinking of the E3 2003 movies fella.

There will be different types of head crab. One of them is the skinny head crab of speed which turns the zombies into leaping ones, like the ones in the Father greg video.

i know this is hardly going to be a drivable vehicle but what about the tram from the strider e3 2k3 vid?

Back