Countdown Thread.

Mr. Redundant said:
thats awesome, my brother just recently started in on his own bass, and Im getting some cash together for a decent pair of drums (tbh though I dont reall have space for drums in my current apt.)
I have played drums for a couple months (on my friends set)
but I have wanted drums since I was a lil kid in South Africa.

drums can be very expensive ...if you dont have room you can always just get a smaller kit with just the essentials: bass drum, snare, 2 toms, hi-hat and maybe a cymbal or two ...you can use drum pads to muffle the sound if it's hard to play in an apartment

i dont know what to do with myself...i feel very strange...might even take a walk across my ceilling..MUHUEHEHEHL2HEHEHEHEHE

I'm gonna be honest with you guys... You know who the big bad guy is all of these proceedings? Its not valve... Its not VUG.. Its not the hacker that stole the beta... These are only minor pawns. The real adversary against us getting HL2.. is the space time continuum. Its like... Ooh... You're not allowed to move forward or backward in time... Ooh yah.. Enjoy simply waiting for events to occur... Its tyranny as far as I'm concerned. I mean... If all events simply occured at ONCE I'd be played like.. half life 7 right now.. and in the past.. and in the future.. Think about it... Just relish in the delicious details...

Analognovelist said:
I'm gonna be honest with you guys... You know who the big bad guy is all of these proceedings? Its not valve... Its not VUG.. Its not the hacker that stole the beta... These are only minor pawns. The real adversary against us getting HL2.. is the space time continuum. Its like... Ooh... You're not allowed to move forward or backward in time... Ooh yah.. Enjoy simply waiting for events to occur... Its tyranny as far as I'm concerned. I mean... If all events simply occured at ONCE I'd be played like.. half life 7 right now.. and in the past.. and in the future.. Think about it... Just relish in the delicious details...

Wikkid mannn :O :O :O

Analognovelist said:

in the words of Pumpkin Escobar: "I don't know what the **** you just said, Little Kid, but you're special man, you reached out, and you touch a brother's heart. "

Analognovelist said:

um...cool.
not.
for a start, sex is better when it doesn't all happen in the blink of an eye. ask ur girlfriend (or a friend's girlfriend, if you haven't one) ;).

fragShader said:
for a start, sex is better when it doesn't all happen in the blink of an eye.

lol, some people dont need time and space to collapse in order to accomplish that.. or so I have heard.. erm.

Isn't it EXCITING! When I return from the gym tonight I should be able to play the full version of CS:S! w00t!

OH NO NO my friend.. Just because all events occur simultaneously.. Doesn't mean they happen any more quickly or slowly.. but simply that you have the knowledge.. under standing and enjoyment.. OF ALL THINGS.. at once.. For instance... You would be able to enjoy your first time with a woman.. RIGHT NOW! or... that first pubic hair... You know.. ALL OF IT.. In regards to whole girlfriend thing.. I infact have no girlfriend.. but I do have a main piece.. does that count?

Analognovelist said:
OH NO NO my friend.. Just because all events occur simultaneously.. Doesn't mean they happen any more quickly or slowly.. but simply that you have the knowledge.. under standing and enjoyment.. OF ALL THINGS.. at once.. For instance... You would be able to enjoy your first time with a woman.. RIGHT NOW! or... that first pubic hair... You know.. ALL OF IT.. In regards to whole girlfriend thing.. I infact have no girlfriend.. but I do have a main piece.. does that count?

every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great.
if a sperm is wasted, god gets quite irate.

Mr. Redundant said:
every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great.
if a sperm is wasted, god gets quite irate.

Two great movie references (Jay&Silent Bob, and The meaning of Life) in one thread :thumbs:

There's a religion, New Age I think, that believes there is indeed an "Eternal Now" where we are in fact living every moment at once. But there is a seperation somewhere which makes us experience it as linear time. I think de ja vu is supposed to me a moment when you experience this.... or something.

You know what I've heard about Deja vu.. Thats its the result of the visual synapses in your right and left eye firing like.. miliseconds apart.. So you actually see the thing in one eye before the other.. so when the second eyes stimuli arrives.. Its already stored in memory.. So you feel like you've seen it already. And this has been... Analognovelist's random fact of the day

CB | Para said:
Two great movie references (Jay&Silent Bob, and The meaning of Life) in one thread :thumbs:
rgr and good on ya for recognizing both :D

indeed people - well done for your patience and i hope you all finally see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

hmm about 1h and 10min :)
did anyone know how big will be last download of cs:s ?

Hopefully not too big otherwise I'm not sure if the steam servers can handle it hehe.

I thought the release was 11:00 am PST (GMT-8)

Doesn't that make it's release time 20:00 UK (GMT+1 BST) ?

I figure we got 2hrs 7mins to go. Hope I'm wrong.

Im not waiting at all, chances are I wont have enough money to buy it for weeks. >_>

I want to try out Office, that was always the map I liked from the later ones.

I miss docks though

ermmmm im pondering that thought too - mark - might be two hours left lol or one
Whos in america on this thread?

mark_t50 said:
I thought the release was 11:00 am PST (GMT-8)

Doesn't that make it's release time 20:00 UK (GMT+1 BST) ?

I figure we got 2hrs 7mins to go. Hope I'm wrong.

It's 19:00 UK time and 20H00 GMT+1 simple :)

Its less than an hour - Valve do DST which is the same as BST ;-) WHOOOO!!!!!

10:10 AM on the west coast of the USA...sooo close now!!!

It sucks that we dont have Assault yet though... it's my fav.

Back