CS:S update imminent

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From the man himself, co-creator of CS and product manager at Valve, Jess Cliffe:
Any minute now.

Cant take it anymore....so...tired yet so excited..*forces eyes open*

There was a dip on the Status page, so...

any minute now.

How the hell do people extract information like that out of the Status page, anyway?

MGSRevolver said:
There was a dip on the Status page, so...

any minute now.

How the hell do people extract information like that out of the Status page, anyway?

Conjecture and/or assumption...and you know what they say about assumption...

Mjolnir said:
Conjecture and/or assumption...and you know what they say about assumption...

it conspired with curiosity to kill the cat?

Yeah, it's the mother of something quite famous... hmm... can't remember what now :p

Generally the status page shows nothing at all about when there'll be updates. But yeah, on this occasion you may be right.

Chris_D said:
From the man himself, co-creator of CS and product manager at Valve, Jess Cliffe:

Posted this just to make me stay awake those few extra minutes to get the download before I went to bed. Didnt you!

It's keeping me up, thought I'd ensue it all on you buggers too ;)

Posted this just to make me stay awake those few extra minutes to get the download before I went to bed. Didnt you!

i was going to bed...to make my 9am lecture in human resource management...but i stayed up to check the forums...now i wont be in bed for ages...never mind, im sure my lecture wont be that important anyway ;) :)

True, but if you go to it tired and you find it rather boring, then you might have trouble keeping awake or stopping yourself from yawning :p

When dealing with valve just have to take there release date and double it. So maybe in like 16 minutes or so we will get the update.

ah well, men behaving badly is on then film 2005 (bbc1) so plenty to keep entertained while we wait :) (if you're in england)

:)

looking forward to the new map though, looks nice :)

is it bad that im sitting on the news section and constantly hitting f5? :p

Deemo said:
is it bad that im sitting on the news section and constantly hitting f5? :p

It has to be better then opening and closeing steam over and over and over.... :rolleyes:

Chris_D said:
I see a connection here :)

I love F5, it's so refreshing!! :D

Oh dear..... :eek: :E

EDIT: Btw.. my keyboard has its own refresh button for some reason. Purhaps if you fancy a change....

(You thought I was going to say a refreshing change didnt you! :p)

just a question, does any one think VAC will be in this one :p

they said it will be a surprise

Deemo said:

Maybe so... it would explain the wait! :p

Nah, I know I hav'nt waited *that* long.... its just I am knackered... :)

EDIT: Oh and I will make sure to include all extremely witty statements I come up with in my posts from now on :p

cant wait :D come on valve more then a minute has gone (that was a joke) SO CANT WAIT.

sorry i love bots

Deemo said:

Hehe, I hope so! It would catch many ppl by suprise. And I hope they've fixed the overview bug.

Someone trip over another server wire..... or spill their coffee on the keyboard or somthing? :rolling: :bounce:

I wana scream...

But I'd wake my mum....so I'll just sit here and hit myself in the head with my keyboard.... I'll feel so much better.

EDIT: It did'nt work. :(

hmm I wonder when it will be released.....I haven't pressed f5 so much since the EQ2 beta keys were about to be distributed

Back