CVG Write Up of Episode Two...Spoilers!

Pack of spoilers, nothing special. Don't read it unless you want your day messed with.

Damn...I tought I will get rid of that girl...at least for some time:hmph:

White Forest holly shit...

To soften up the Resistance, in preparation for a larger portal to the Combine dimension to bring their real forces through...:E That is a lot os answers...

MMMMMM, LIFE IS GOOD

Awesome, great news, can't wait for that new guy Magnusson, White Forest and fights with Hunters.

Okay, thats awesome...I like the part about Raising the Bar and Episode 3 coming together, too!!

I read that chapter in the book and was tickled pink by the scenes in my head as I continued reading...

After reading that I can see Ep3 ending in another vliffhanger (wait it's HL of course there is going to be a cliffhanger)

Aww that was spoiler-tastic! :bounce: :bounce: Episode 3 is gonna be like the Hoth battle with Mortar Synths acting like AT'ATs!!!

Alyx helping you out with the Gravity gun? Now that's awesome.

seiles.gif
- This describes it the best...

OMG, i wasn't going to read this but my god i couldn't reset. This is some INSANE info!!!!

Now all we need is a video ;)

Black Mesa?

White Forest?

I think I see a pattern in facility naming...

That is some awesome spoiler stuff there. The 'new' Hunters and Poison Anlions, interesting plot info, Alyx stuff (gravity gun, passenger seat, forest AI), ~7 hour play duration and portal storms! Woopee!

err...next up Grey Complex?
Nah, Blue Mountain or Grey Lake sticks to the apparent naming convention better.

I call bullshit.

In fact, she sticks with you more than ever

Yeah, right, she was completely missing from Episode 1.

and the Portal Storms that ravaged Earth in the first place have started up again.

Bullshit. The portal storms CONTINUOUSLY ravage the Earth, not "start up again because the player happens to leave the City".

Last time, these storms decimated the world's combined military.

Bullshit^2. The Combine armies decimated the military, not the storms.

"It's the Seven Hour War all over again, only this time we won't last seven minutes."

Remember the trailer and "this time we're not going to lose it"? Why the sudden change?

When I tell you these spit poison, you'll probably imagine the half-hearted hocking of the Bullsquids in the original Half-Life. This is more like a Howitzer. Their venom is so corrosive and spat with such force that it actually smashes through almost anything between you and it. If it hits you - and it usually does - the liquid blinds you and the venom burns through your health. And in case that doesn't make them hard enough to fight, they hop around like hyperactive locusts.

Does VALVe include overpowered enemies in their games?

Fast Zombie leaps on your bonnet, claws at your face, then finds itself rudely dispatched by a lithe leg to its crab-smothered head, shooting out from the passenger seat.

RUBBER LEG ALYX TO THE RESCUE!

Also, note how the article is missing quotes from the developers entirely?

I call bullshit.

Bullshit. The portal storms CONTINUOUSLY ravage the Earth, not "start up again because the player happens to leave the City".

Remember the trailer and "this time we're not going to lose it"? Why the sudden change?

why would they write fake article ?

why would they write fake article ?

Most of the article just screams falsification to me. Why would they write it? Obviously, publicity.

Also, why would JUST CVG get a chance of playing through Episode 2?

What are you on, dude? All your points can be debunked easily.
And yeah, why the hell would the make this up. They have been to Valve and played the game(s). Who said they are the only ones? Oh, and maybe you think the Robin Walker TF2 vid is also faked..

Great preview. Sounds amazing.

I call bullshit.

1) You are right on this one. But don't you like the idea Alyx riding shotgun with you? I think thats what they were highlighting by the term "more than ever"...of course there weren't any vehicles in ep 1...

2)I didn't see any creature appearing out of nowhere in HL2 or EP1 ( Like we saw in HL1). Since a distress signal was sent out from the Citadel to call reinforcements it is logical that they would initiate a portal storm.

3) The things that came out fro the portal (i.e combine) destroyed the military. Nitpicking.

4)Actually this quote was mentioned in an article done by Gamespot a few weeks back.

5)What about those sniper babes, or Alien grunts, and marines from HL1? They were Preety tough. And I dont consider Jumping spitting antlions to be tough. Now the mini striders on the other hand...

6)Its just another semi-scripted alyx action. Like headcrab kicking, Zombie kicking etc.

7)Actually there was one tiny quote in the very end. I think it said "That would be exciting, wouldn't it?" .

This is all irreverent really. Its CVG! They don't write crap...usually.

Most of the article just screams falsification to me. Why would they write it? Obviously, publicity.

Also, why would JUST CVG get a chance of playing through Episode 2?
I Don't think CVG needs more publicity.

The article isn't fake, it's quite real. CVG is a very credible website and out tomorrow is the very same article in this months PC Gamer, which includes several new screens. It isn't the guy who wrote it's fault; he doesn't have to be an expert on the Half-life universe.

They don't seem to be taken at High Quality, but oh my god. I want the game.

and WTF is that on the third pic, on the steal beams above the hunter? Webs?

It is a portal. Check the images through the preview at CVG. They have captions that describe the pics.

Cover and Blind Fire for Alyx! Valve seemes to have upped the A.I of you foes as well as of your allies.

^ Agree

What is that structure between the 2nd and 3rd legs of the Strider in the last pic?

Some nice screenshots. Although I don't like the new forest screenshots. I don't like the colors :)

3) The things that came out fro the portal (i.e combine) destroyed the military. Nitpicking.

Well actually the xenians came through first (and I assumed weakened us (except the vorts)) and then the combine came through later.

Back