Day of Defeat: Source Approaching Beta

Varsity said:
BTW, the beta has started.

AGHHHHH!!!nooooo! I was hoping they'd open it up to silver/gold owners! now i have to wait till spring like the rest of you ...peasants ;)

I hate all of you.

Pointless complaining from poeple that dont know what they are looking at is half the reason why they dont give out media updates. :(

EDIT: Btw, am I the only one that thinks that dod:s is gona end up very very fun (and pretty for that matter) by the end?!

marksmanHL2 :) said:
I hate all of you.

Pointless complaining from poeple that dont know what they are looking at is half the reason why they dont give out media updates. :(

EDIT: Btw, am I the only one that thinks that dod:s is gona end up very very fun (and pretty for that matter) by the end?!

Your not alone in this. After all if you think about it there are alot more player models in DoD 1.3 then in CS 1.6. CS:S only has two player models so far and the DoD team has had alot less time to make them in then the CS team.

guys read the beta tester thread at Day of defeat forums ..the consensus seems to be that it looks, sounds, plays amazing

God, i hope those aren't new models....or if they are, that they are "holding back" the new skins for them.

Maybe those are shots from someone playing the game in DX7 mode?

with bilinear filtering on.

16 bit.

ugh.

well, anything will be an improvement over the current game's graphics

I don't see why they are making us pay $30 for this. It's just a graphics overhaul. And a pretty crappy one at that.

ray_MAN said:
I don't see why they are making us pay $30 for this. It's just a graphics overhaul. And a pretty crappy one at that.

You could do with reading the dod forums beta tester thread.

They say that everything looks great except for the character models and gun models because they havnt been put in yet.

They say maps look ammazing with rolling landscapes with burning trees in them using skybox tech or stuff.

I think it looks very promising. :)

EDIT: They also say that the sound is one of the best they have heard in a game yet. Another plus I didnt even expect. :thumbs:

But, I don't understand why it's $30! :( It's just a graphical update with a few new features!
EDIT: CS:S is a full graphical overhaul and it's free. (Except for the fact that you have to buy HL2 to get it, but HL2 is worth it.) :p

Chris_D said:
Here we go... cue the "it's not good enough" rubbish. Be happy you in-grates!!

You have to admit that is not up to par with Source graphics... the models look like crap...

ray_MAN said:
But, I don't understand why it's $30! :( It's just a graphical update with a few new features!
EDIT: CS:S is a full graphical overhaul and it's free. (Except for the fact that you have to buy HL2 to get it, but HL2 is worth it.) :p

omg u retard, where have you read that its going to be 30 dollars?

nowhere, thats where. now stop spouting unfounded rubbish please and read the beta tester thread linked to.

if you had done that, you would know the whole game has been overhauled graphically and audibly upto now with the exception of the player and gun models.

Preface: I know the game's not done. That being said...

The fanboys at this site need to stop being hypocrites; you're bashing people who don't like the screenshots and saying they look great. Who are you to dismiss the views of what looks like 50% of the people? The truth is, if no one said they were from DOD:Source, you most likely would've assumed these were DOD 1.3 pics. But hey, if you think it looks nice, then that's great -- for YOU.

bigdeezy23 said:
Preface: I know the game's not done. That being said...

The fanboys at this site need to stop being hypocrites; you're bashing people who don't like the screenshots and saying they look great. Who are you to dismiss the views of what looks like 50% of the people? The truth is, if no one said they were from DOD:Source, you most likely would've assumed these were DOD 1.3 pics. But hey, if you think it looks nice, then that's great -- for YOU.

I wasnt affensive to anyone.... Well at least I dont mean to be.

they've said in the FAQ that's it's initially going to be a direct port (no new graphics is what they hint at), so don't get too excited yet.

look chris_d was right some of you ARE ingrates ...how can you tell what a game will be like from 2 screenshots????? read the day of defeat forum beta tester thread ..you see real reactions from people who actually PLAYED IT ...oh and for the last time the models in the screenshots are NOT the final versions

CptStern said:
look chris_d was right some of you ARE ingrates ...how can you tell what a game will be like from 2 screenshots????? read the day of defeat forum beta tester thread ..you see real reactions from people who actually PLAYED IT ...oh and for the last time the models in the screenshots are NOT the final versions

You know I think Ive met someone who wants this game as much as me :D :cheers:

EDIT: On that note.... shouldnt we have a dod:s forum by now. :p

Also... how on earth did you get level 4 warning!! :O Never seen you do nethin bad ever lol

You know I think Ive met someone who wants this game as much as me :D :cheers:

yes more so probably cuz I bought HL1 just for dod (still havent finished HL1)

EDIT: On that note.... shouldnt we have a dod:s forum by now. :p

yes yes yes yes ...oh and ...yes!

Also... how on earth did you get level 4 warning!! :O Never seen you do nethin bad ever lol

heh ..let's just say I was pushed a little too far *stern quickly hides the bodies under his bed* :E

june ...too freakin long!!! damn I realy really really hope they open the beta to silver/gold purchasers

"is approaching beta and will be available early this spring via Steam"

That makes me think the beta will be available early spring :p Just advanced testers got it first.

nein!!!

I've played almost every ww2 ..dod has infantry done right ..no other game comes close ..although RO is quite good it's just not as polished gamewise as DoD. Although, admittedly, I havent played the UT2004 version

CptStern said:
heh ..let's just say I was pushed a little too far *stern quickly hides the bodies under his bed* :E

lol, I guess everyone goes too far ever now and again. :)

(Me is reminded of how I pissed of ghostvalkrie so much he got sacked as a mod.... I still feel bad for that :( )

lol, I guess everyone goes too far ever now and again. :)

(Me is reminded of how I pissed of ghostvalkrie so much he got sacked as a mod.... I still feel bad for that :( )

lol, poor ghost :LOL:

actually I received my warnings for spamming

They should at least let the Bronze people see what DoD:S is like... and open the beta to them for a while.

By the way does anybody who the cost of DoD:S? Is it going to be like $10 or priced like a standalone game ($30)?

Wow they are niccceeeee.

All they need todo is change the player models and improve the view models and it will be up to the standard of CS: S

Wow, the memories.

*headshot*

edit: Hmm..too little action shots. And the hills in flash are over-exaggerated.

It doesn't matter though.

People saying that they were not disappointed by those screenshots are true Valve fanboys. Guess I'm not true enough.

That's HL1 with slightly sharper textures. Yay. Why the hell they even bother to port the game if they don't improve it's appearance?

Second, why rip 10 bucks more off the HL2 fanboy with this crap while HL2 is selling like extacy in Ibiza?

I thought valve said it was easy to port old mods to source? It sure has taken DoD team a long time to do this "simple port".

deevee said:
I thought valve said it was easy to port old mods to source? It sure has taken DoD team a long time to do this "simple port".

You must be blind or not read threads over at the DoD website. THEY ARE RECREATING MAPS AND MAKING NEW ONES too. Along with other things. It sure is hard for some of you people to comprehend things.

I was expecting this to kick CS sources ass in terms of graphics.

It's only beta tho....I guess we will have to wait and see.

Cons Himself said:
omg u retard, where have you read that its going to be 30 dollars?

nowhere, thats where. now stop spouting unfounded rubbish please and read the beta tester thread linked to.

if you had done that, you would know the whole game has been overhauled graphically and audibly upto now with the exception of the player and gun models.
Player and gun models are graphics. They make up a major part of the game. If they are not updated, the graphics are not fully updated. And it is $10-$45. It was $50 for the regular HL2 package, $60 for the "silver" package, and it is $85 for the "gold" package.

Looking forward to seeing the new player models. Clearly they won't be sticking with them.

Flash and Avalanche are looking nice - Flash in particular. Love the Skybox. I saw a short vid of an Allie getting sent towards the player from a nade blast. Wasn't a great example of the ragdoll physics, but I got the picture - looking good.

Least we're not seeing barrels everywhere.

valve rocks at suckering its fanbois. sell a ported game cause of the ragdolls. GO VALVE!

Back