Day of Defeat: Source Approaching Beta

That's a bit harsh, all the maps are spiffed up, new sounds, and i bet there will be new modles by release (maybe soon after) and they have not decieved us, they have said this all along, the first release was supposed to be a basic port, im sure future updates will be brilliant.

future updates? i don't see em making alot of future updates for dod, have they made good player models to cs s yet?

I wish they would be focused, I wonder what valve would do if they came up with a new origional idea

New, original idea? Oh, like Half-Life? Or Half-Life 2 perhaps? How about Steam? How about the original idea of supporting your game for 6 years after it's release?

Stop trolling.

Pi Mu Rho said:
New, original idea? Oh, like Half-Life? Or Half-Life 2 perhaps? How about Steam? How about the original idea of supporting your game for 6 years after it's release?

Stop trolling.

I agree with you, the reason why things are going to the source engine is so VALVe will keep updating that version and will soon drop the HL1 versions. Because lets face it, its getting old and they've taken that engine to as far as it can go so they are going to move onto the new engine and more updates.

polyguns said:
future updates? i don't see em making alot of future updates for dod, have they made good player models to cs s yet?

I wish they would be focused, I wonder what valve would do if they came up with a new origional idea

The team has made it pretty clear there will be further updates to DoD, it is retail now and $20 is steep for a direct port and then no updates, dont you think?

ray_MAN said:
Player and gun models are graphics. They make up a major part of the game. If they are not updated, the graphics are not fully updated. And it is $10-$45. It was $50 for the regular HL2 package, $60 for the "silver" package, and it is $85 for the "gold" package.

you must be retarded, thats the only explanation.

so player and gun models make up the majority of the game? actually i think youll find they are in the minority if anything: mapping, texturing, sound creation, animation, scripting and coding would be a majority you see?

and why are you quoting the gold price at me? that includes a load of useless valve stuff. a better comparision would be bronze to silver, the only difference between the two being the presence of HL:Source and DoD:Source in Silver.

gawd some people are stoopid

Cons Himself said:
a better comparision would be bronze to silver, the only difference between the two being the presence of HL:Source and DoD:Source in Silver.

Don't forget Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, including CS:CZ. so DoD:S is only about $3.33 of the $10 if that. If someone is unwill to put out that amount to money they are just cheap and there is nothing I or valve can do about that. In the end the Silver package is the best deal of them all.

Back