Dead Rising Superthread

hopefully it'll be large and varied enough for a good bit... the demo does not have much longevity though

I duno - i've gone through the demo 20+ times. The novelty of smashing zombies heads hasn't worn off yet.

Woo, how fun. Finally dealt with the learning curve (controller layout isn't as I first expected) and just had about three excellent goes around it. On my third I survived to end of demo with no health removed. For some reason I always pick up the Servbot helmet, I just seem to gravitate towards it. The demo also seems to give you a lot of the story, I learnt the bit about the wasps when I walked into the warehouse right next to the starting point. Unfortunately the demo ends, since that's a keypoint and they obviously don't want you completing the game in the demo.

Get a carton of cooking oil from the fast food joint on the ground floor - Use the aiming view to throw it at a crowd of zombies and watch them fall over themselves as they walk through a pool of oil. It's f***ing hilarious!

so freaking lame, why the heck don't we [australia] get the demo ?

sigh, guess i'll be making a us account, how lame.

What the hell's australia? Sounds like some kind of disease. :O

*Googles australia*

Oh that place! I had forgotten about it. How are you chums doing waaay down there?

:p

Blah, no wonder. I just checked on XBL and was like "where the shit is my Dead Rising?"

Oh well, atleast the temptation isn't there.

*twiddles thumbs*...

Make a US Silver account, and download it.

lol satch. :p

anyway, it's @ 47% - going so slow for some reason. D:

there was a dead rising demo faq on the ign boards but it's disappeared.

New review, http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1203/Dead-Rising/p1/.

The biggest issue is apparently loading times and the save system, here's a quote about loading times.

"That withstanding the biggest problem we had with Dead Rising was the loading times. For whatever reason each section of the mall requires a reasonably lengthy loading period, making the mall feel less like one cohesive unit, and more like an area situated into different levels. It would have been a much more enjoyable play experience if you weren’t constantly waiting for new areas to load up."

New review, http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1203/Dead-Rising/p1/.

The biggest issue is apparently loading times and the save system, here's a quote about loading times.

"That withstanding the biggest problem we had with Dead Rising was the loading times. For whatever reason each section of the mall requires a reasonably lengthy loading period, making the mall feel less like one cohesive unit, and more like an area situated into different levels. It would have been a much more enjoyable play experience if you weren’t constantly waiting for new areas to load up."

8.7... Good score though.
I can handle loading times. Every game has them, some are just worse than others. And in the demo i could see items in shops just appearing out of nowhere as they loaded too. Doesn't bother me seeing as there is so much going on in the players view anyway (so many zombies!)

Yeah it's a nice score, and considering it's one of the first games by Capcom for the 360, perhaps we can expect greater things in Dead Rising 2 if it sells well.:)
Imagine Dead Rising with a good streaming system for the entire game, that'd be schweeeeet..
Anyway, tomorrow the game's due out in the US, let's pray to god there's some messup and some games aren't regionlocked, I don't wanna wait a month :(

Yeah it's a nice score, and considering it's one of the first games by Capcom for the 360, perhaps we can expect greater things in Dead Rising 2 if it sells well.:)
Imagine Dead Rising with a good streaming system for the entire game, that'd be schweeeeet..
Anyway, tomorrow the game's due out in the US, let's pray to god there's some messup and some games aren't regionlocked, I don't wanna wait a month :(

Yeah, i hate that we have to wait so long.
Let us know if it's not region locked :)

hah, well, i tried it (so, i'm not a communist anymore ? :p) and it's what i expected.. oh noes !

it's good, it's fun, it's novel but it's not something i would buy, i'd have to see how following the actual story and so on is before i buy it. :)

8-07-06_page1.jpg

8-07-06_page2.jpg

:)

Hilariously it does actually give you an "erotica" bonus for getting a panty shot, natch.

A shred of good news for European Dead Rising fans might be at hand!

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/3368/

If this is true I'll deff. be importing it, some further indication that it's true is that downloadable content that unlocks new stores in Dead Rising(Socalled KEYS) were also made avaible on UK marketplace today!!

The Japanese version is going to be censored and there's rumors flying that the Euro version will as well.

"A blogger has played the Japanese version of the game.
There's no chopping heads off, and dismembered limbs.
Still lots of blood, though."

The Japanese version is going to be censored and there's rumors flying that the Euro version will as well.

"A blogger has played the Japanese version of the game.
There's no chopping heads off, and dismembered limbs.
Still lots of blood, though."

You'd think the Japanese have an aversion to chopped off limbs, what with all their great samurai movies and whatnot.

:E

You'd think the Japanese have an aversion to chopped off limbs, what with all their great samurai movies and whatnot.

:E

The Japanese are very conservative when it comes to violence, but are very liberal when it comes to nudity so I'm sure Capcom will throw in some pixelated pubic hair for 'em.

US on the other hand, is very conservative on nudity and pretty liberal when it comes to violence.

I very much doubt we'll receive a cut version. The demo version had limbs and heads flying everywhere. I've also yet to hear of a Japanese game that was cut - they love their gore.

So this is supposed to be out today. Does anyone have it yet?

Anyone know if Aus/NZ are getting it this month, or with the Euro release? We're PAL so probably later, right? =/

Anyone know if Aus/NZ are getting it this month, or with the Euro release? We're PAL so probably later, right? =/
September 14th for Aus (Cost of $120 like usual).. I know, what the heck, well, I'm not buying it, meh.

The German version will most likely be censored, sometimes this affects all european releases like Ninja Gaiden, and sometimes it affects only the Germans

The Japanese are very conservative when it comes to violence, but are very liberal when it comes to nudity so I'm sure Capcom will throw in some pixelated pubic hair for 'em.

Conservative on violence? I thought they were just warped.

How else do you explain violent demon-rape hentai.

Back