Dead Rising Superthread

Anthraxxx

Tank
Reaction score
WOoo!!! Downloading now!!! :afro: :thumbs: :farmer: :monkee:

It's a big demo too, about a gig in size. I can't wait til this finishes downloading.

F*** YES!

Finally. Downloading now... it's a gig big. This game is gonna be sooo good. Thanks for posting this, i wouldnt have noticed otherwise.

Only 3% done in 1 min 30 :(

Thats just too ****ing insane, I was actually going out to night to this huge festival but now I regret I bought all these damn clothes just for to night. Would have rather spent 10 hours infront of this Demo than partying :D

Downloading sooooo slllllooooooowwwwwww...... stuck on 42% :(

10% now, actually going pretty fast :)
Wonder how much we can explore or how long the demo lasts for? Any details on the demo?

Holy F*cking F*ck.

This Is The Happiest Day Of My Life.

Edit: Damn you caps filter.

Theres A Caps Filter?!

Edit: Damn there is :(

The demo's soso, fairly small and not that many weapons, no missions either, and it's timed, you can only roam about for one ingame hour, I can't give you any specific number on how long an ingame hour is.
The graphics are also fairly meh, Capcom were talking a while back about a new shadowing system implemented in the final build of the game, I see no such cool environmental dynamic shadows in the demo, so I can only assume this is an older build... As I said, it's pretty darn easy, you can only be attacked by one zombie at a time, so you can't really be 'flooded', just break off and start attacking and/or jump/run over'em.
Atleast the demo gives you a chance to enter 4 different areas so you get 4 different cutscenes.:)

Downloading sooooo slllllooooooowwwwwww...... stuck on 42% :(

My progress bar is froze. Just cancel the download and restart it and it should refresh the progress bar. (you shouldn't lose what you've already downloaded if you cancel it)

The demo's soso, fairly small and not that many weapons, no missions either, and it's timed, you can only roam about for one ingame hour, I can't give you any specific number on how long an ingame hour is.
The graphics are also fairly meh, Capcom were talking a while back about a new shadowing system implemented in the final build of the game, I see no such cool environmental dynamic shadows in the demo, so I can only assume this is an older build... As I said, it's pretty darn easy, you can only be attacked by one zombie at a time, so you can't really be 'flooded', just break off and start attacking and/or jump/run over'em.
Atleast the demo gives you a chance to enter 4 different areas so you get 4 different cutscenes.:)
Hmmm, not exactly what I ws hoping to hear. Maybe reviews of the final build will clear things up? :(

I don't doubt the game will be great, the previews so far have been nothing but good, I just think Capcom picked a bad area for the demo.. And getting to encounter/save atleast a few survivors would have been nice.

Hehe, i just played for a few minutes...

I started giggling after killing that first zombie. The graphics are pretty good. I can't say much, but this is one game that I would probably buy. God, that was satisfying... hearing a zombie's skull getting crushed with a sledge hammer...

I just played for about 30 mins and i thought it was pretty cool. Walked around all the shops i could find and gave a couple of weapons a bash. It's cool that you can change clothes and stuff. The weapons are pretty satisfying too. Like Antraxxx said, crushing a zombies skull with a sledgehammer is awesome, but whacking a zombie off the head with a golf ball is just awesome :D.

Saw all of the movies in the demo i think and i think that there is going to be some interesting plot twists in this story. Looks like it's going to have plenty of replay value seeing as there about 5 different ways you could go in the demo, you obviously wont be able to see some if you go down one path.

Pretty nice demo, and the zombies can get challenging if enough of them gang up on you. Only died once though.

Good demo :)

Well, I don't need to say any more than - this game is the epitome of fun.

Oh okay, I will then. There is just too much to do, too much to find, too much to kill. Guitars, sledgehammers, skateboards, golf clubs, pistols, chairs, plants, shopping carts... gaaah. I've already played it 10 times, and it doesn't even show the tinest fragment of a bit of becoming repetitive or boring. Multiply that by the full game, and full mall, and screw waiting for the Killer App in November, it's right here.

Well, I don't need to say any more than - this game is the epitome of fun.

Oh okay, I will then. There is just too much to do, too much to find, too much to kill. Guitars, sledgehammers, skateboards, golf clubs, pistols, chairs, plants, shopping carts... gaaah. I've already played it 10 times, and it doesn't even show the tinest fragment of a bit of becoming repetitive or boring. Multiply that by the full game, and full mall, and screw waiting for the Killer App in November, it's right here.
You may have sold me on buying a 360 my friend, but I'll still be patient and wait for a review.

Great news--esp since I watched a preview on Gametrailers and it looked really really good and suffers no problems that the demo might suffer from. This does indeed look better as a game than Gow imho.

*starts demo back up*
Damn it's too addictive!

Mine's still f***ing downloading. /me kicks the internet.

This game is awesome :)

I've been playing all day and still haven't got bored. You can stick a severed arm in a zombies mouth, cut of his leg, and then smash his head like a melon with a massive hammer while he crawls towards you!

Awesome :)

I just played for about 30 mins and i thought it was pretty cool. Walked around all the shops i could find and gave a couple of weapons a bash. It's cool that you can change clothes and stuff. The weapons are pretty satisfying too. Like Antraxxx said, crushing a zombies skull with a sledgehammer is awesome, but whacking a zombie off the head with a golf ball is just awesome :D.

Saw all of the movies in the demo i think and i think that there is going to be some interesting plot twists in this story. Looks like it's going to have plenty of replay value seeing as there about 5 different ways you could go in the demo, you obviously wont be able to see some if you go down one path.

Pretty nice demo, and the zombies can get challenging if enough of them gang up on you. Only died once though.

Good demo :)
Actually, you will see most of'em, going down one path doesn't deny you the other, the thing that will play in replay value is, depending on how many people you save etc and perhaps other things Capcom hasn't mentioned yet, there'll be 10 different endings. What you see when you enter the cinema, the leisure park, and the mall entrance, are all different socalled psychopaths, nutcases you can take down in that area.:)
For a cool note, the van those convicts are driving, you'll get an achievement in the final game if you manage to steal it from'em!:LOL:

where the hell is it, I can't find it anywhere in the newly released demos, game demos by type, all game demos? Me wants to slay zombies:flame:

Has anyone heated up a frying pan on the stove for a 'stove bonus'?

Instead of just smashing their face in you can melt it on a red hot frying pan XD

Did I say this game was awesome?

It's in newly released :).

And thats for clearing that up, gar.

Has anyone heated up a frying pan on the stove for a 'stove bonus'?

Instead of just smashing their face in you can melt it on a red hot frying pan XD

Did I say this game was awesome?

Damn, *loads game back up to try it* :D

Mixing up foods and drinks is really cool - you can make concoctions that give different bonuses, like temporary invincibility.

There's an uzi in the demo and you can feed the zombies ketchup. :p

One thing that sorta annoys me is the katana, it slices zombies in two, the annoying thing is, when you do that.
1. The zombies dissappear almost immediatly
2. You don't get any form of points for taking pictures of their bodies.:(

Mixing up foods and drinks is really cool - you can make concoctions that give different bonuses, like temporary invincibility.

Oooh, didnt know you could do that.

There's an uzi in the demo and you can feed the zombies ketchup. :p

Still need to find the Uzi.

*loads demo up yet again*

is there any more little secrets or easter eggs in the demo?

I found a katana!!!! OMG SUCH AN AWESOME WEAPON!!!

Go upstairs to the Cafeteria area, and jump over the edge onto an awning. The kanata will be sitting there. Cleave zombies in half!!!

I found a katana!!!! OMG SUCH AN AWESOME WEAPON!!!

Go upstairs to the Cafeteria area, and jump over the edge onto an awning. The kanata will be sitting there. Cleave zombies in half!!!

Yeah, i found that just when Gargantou mentioned it :p

Probably hundreds. :D

Still cant fingure out how to mix foods and not found the uzi yet D:

Yeah, i found that just when Gargantou mentioned it :p

Still cant fingure out how to mix foods and not found the uzi yet D:
Go to the nearest staircase on your right when you start, and jump across to the blue awning. Run past the cardboard box and bear, and the uzi should be there.

To mix food and drink, go to the cafeteria at the second floor and use the blender.

Oh, and if you use the throw function with no weapon equipped, you can spit on the zombies. Eheh.

Back