Desktops -- December Edition!

I didn't like my old one, so I changed it. One of the greatest moments in gaming history:

metroid1.png

You got rid of the offending folders...

But 4chan?? Seriously? :p

I only have 3 icons (well 2 now as my moving the PR shortcut to the start menu made it lose it's target file path); I would only have one if I didn't need the other two.

The new desktop is me revisiting my childhood, a cookie for whoever can guess which book the pic is from! And hmm, I can't remember what I had the last time.

untitled-1.jpg

Domes of Fire.

No wait.

Uh... I forget. Whatever the second book in the Sparhawk series is called.

Bah, Eddings.

Domes of Fire.

No wait.

Uh... I forget. Whatever the second book in the Sparhawk series is called.

Bah, Eddings.

Aha!!! Yes, that was it, and it was the first book. Cookie for you!

Changed mine. :D

What is it referencing?

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Lol Raziaar changed mine in time to miss the praise. :p

Ah, who cares, I can celebrate my weeaboo ways now. Anyway, HEY THERE'S A SPY SAPPIN' MA SANDWICH!

It looks like an edited version of the one that was posted in another thread. M81?

Mine's an adapted version of the M81 galaxy Smoke also has -
16723133ce3.jpg

By the way, Smoke, my compliments for still having AVP2(Though I have AVP1! :)), I just don't see how it's playable since it lags so much.

It does with the latest drivers... at least on the 8800 series. Some guy made a fix, Nvidia stole it and included it in their drivers.

I'm on an ATI card. Hmm... will look it up. Not even sure where it is :p

This is book cover artwork from the artist's description, and my work desktop (Sorry, dual screens). I was drawn in to this, and I can't let go.

Thanks to whoever recommended caedes.net. I'm well stocked until... forever!

untitled1.jpg

Book of whom? Of what?

Prolly would have been awesome to include that, huh? Apologies all around.. :eek:

From the site:

"This is wallpaper-sized version of book cover artwork I created for Pierre-Yves Touzot for his coming novel "Terre Lointaine" (Distant Earth). Book is to be published later this year in France. The book cover will be red - but it looks too contrast on desktop, so I changed it to blue. I need to note that this image is fully copyrighted to the client, and cannot be used other than desktop wallpaper. I'm publishing this image as wallpaper with his permission, for your personal use only. Thanks for your understanding :) More resolutions at http://www.vladstudio.com/wallpaper/?502 Thanks!"

I'm wondering if it's do-able to reverse the image on the non-primary screen, so that the solitary figures are somehow closer to each other... then, for me, it would be complete.

Technically. You can have two images on each desktop. So you just create a new image reversing one. Or create a new image that's twice the size of one screen, and then have one half of it facing the other way. All things are possible.

Back