Did you recently play HL1 ?

Reaction score
I started playing HL1 all over again, and I love it :)

Do you guys also play it to remember the good ol' game before the new one comes?

Yeah, I've been playing but there's a bug on the "Power up" level so I'm stuck and I've only been using autosaves so I'll have to start again.

Oh well.

Yeah - me too.

Whats the bug Feath? getting stuck in the same spot?

I played HL1 2 months ago but I got bored.... I played till level where you first encounter the soldiers.

Originally posted by willy1ka
Yeah - me too.

Whats the bug Feath? getting stuck in the same spot?

No, a gate that was meant to open hasn't opened. I just ran into it and thought "What the hell? That wasn't there before".

After playing through it several times when it was released, I've played through it at least once or twice a year. I know it backwards :cheese:

In the past seven days..

Played BlueShift - Finished it
Played Half-Life - Finished it
Currently playing Opposing Force.

And this is why Half-Life 1 got great reviews even before any mods came out.

Gamespy had a list of 10 things that makes Half-Life 1 so popular and it didn't mention the singleplayer. That's why most of the people bought it in the first place.

oh yeah I'm playing through it again ^^ The only bad thing about it is the horrible save menu. Other than that it's a godly game!

I have a confession to make: I never played HL from the beginning.

1 Month earlier, I started to play, because I was exited on the story, but i'm stuck on the level where you dive into the water. I can't swim because I can't see under water;( , it's a bug. This doesn't happen at the turtural.

Weird :cool:

I started playing through HL again yesterday. I'm at the end of "Power Up" so far.

I play it at least twice a year. The game is truly ageless. I can still get enjoyment out of all the single player episodes too. Brilliant game.

Yep....went thru Half-Life completly....then I went thru Opposing force completly....then been thru They Hunger Chapter 1, 2 and 3. And though about going thru the spaceship mod...Man...will it come out soon...now I just started Morrowind....haha man I need a life... hehe:bounce:

I'm now at the Lambda complex.
And just started with the OP4 from Steam.

hmm...I just replayed...
had that same bug in powerup, gate would NOT open...

and for some reason, I continually got caught in lifts if the lift was in a level transition. Finally I just made a shortcut with cheats enabled, so that when it happened (About 8 times in the corse of the game) I could get out...annoying..

on the plus side, I BEAT A GAME WITH NO CHEATS!!! (ala, no gveing ammo, no god mode, no notarget, etc. only used noclip to get out of being stuck in a mesh on level load)
WOOT!

I'm a serious God Mode abuser in SP. Funny thing was, I never dropped below 60 health! :)

I'm actually playing through the PS2 version at the moment. Saw it on sale for £9.99 and couldn't resist. Just interested to see how different it is. Just finished the 'On the rail' section, I tend to play for 20mins or so before I go to bed. Only problem is that you end up having very strange dreams...but thats a whole other thread. Now theres a thought.

Still a brilliant game.

Oh I played though HL, OF and BS the weeks following HL2's annoucement, again couldn't resist....far too excited.

Out of curiosity, do you guys play through it with music on or off? I found the experience more atmospheric without it, personally.

Yeah, HL rocks :)

Kenny, switch from direct 3d to opengl (or vice versa) and you wont have the under-water bug.

i keep getting elevator bugs and the bug with the closed gate right after the garg

Kenny: your problem is your gfx, choose "OpenGL", opengl fixes that issue.

I never liked HL1 and I haven't tryed completing it yet :/

I played it through again last week. One of my favorite memories is when you go up that elevator and fight a bunch of marines that drop from the osprey while dodging the airstrikes...I was running around that place like a madman, "aieeeeeeeeeeeeee" dodging the strikes...man... good times...

i beat it for the first time 2 days ago, i got it when it was in the original box :)

can someone tell me is something supposed to happen after i choose to work at the end? its just a black screen.

My favourite memory was running through that pressure door to be confronted with that huge empty silo with the fan at the bottom. It seems so big at the time that it took my breath away. I just stood there in awe, shortly before thinking, now where the f**k do i go. Little did I know it involved a leap of faith.

Originally posted by Tek
i beat it for the first time 2 days ago, i got it when it was in the original box :)

can someone tell me is something supposed to happen after i choose to work at the end? its just a black screen.

Half-Life 2 is supposed to happen.

kinda figured that, but i read a walkthrough to see if i missed something, and it says whichever you choose has a okay ending, i don't think some text and the gman talking is a okay ending, maybe its just me.

thats the way it ends...HL2 will tell us what happens next...

And why are so many people getting bugs now? I know for a fact I never had them before...

I played thru HL1, OpFor and Blue Shift some months ago, after the E3 Craze - Freshening up on the story a bit :)

Well i decided that after i pass a couple of tests this week i am heading out to my local gaming store and buy HL1. I have never played it before so i really cant wait.

Yeah, I've been playing but there's a bug on the "Power up" level so I'm stuck and I've only been using autosaves so I'll have to start again.
Oh well.
i encountered the same bug :/
i just loaded the next map and added my equipment again.

played through the game last friday and finished it saturday :D
loads of fun, might play thru again right before hl2 and soak up all the atmosphere this time, i just did a speed run before

Half-Life is a wonderful game that has retained its playability over the years despite its relatively crude graphics and sound (by today's standards). I played it recently during the Steam beta but never got any further than half way through "On A Rail" because it kept crashing at one particular spot, so I never did finish it. It really didn't bother me, though, since I've played through the game more times than I can count.

You'd think that Half-Life wouldn't be replayable because it's very linear. It seems everytime I play though it I notice something new, though.

I am playing through Half-Life and Opposing Force again, I try to do this at least one time a year.
In Surface Tension (map c2a5) you can shoot barrels that explode and send other barrels flying, this worked the first times I played the game, now they only go about three meters up and then fall back down. I also encountered the elevatorbug and had to noclip, and in the Lambda Reactor (after flooding it) the water level was too low, though I did doublecheck the pumps, and they are on, so i had to noclip. I am currently at Interloper (the second area, the one with the Gargantua and the Tentacle).
I love it!

Okay, so here's a question for those of you who have played so recently. I never finished Op4 and never played Blue Shift. Can someone tell what happened in the plot with those?

Originally posted by exoeight
Kenny: your problem is your gfx, choose "OpenGL", opengl fixes that issue.

Thanks for that reply, i will try.

Back