Discussion of the Improved E3 2k4 footage.

dimalife said:
can someone come up with a .subs file for the german achtung achtung? ;)

There's no news in it. German sounds a lot like dutch actually so I understand the most things of it. It's just a summary of the Half-Life 2 engine, "lifelike face expressions, interactivity with the environment", all sorts of that stuff, not really worth the trouble.

Can someone host this file on an FTP or something. I sit behind a big fire which blocks me from Torrenting. Passive PTF will help..... ;(

Sound is worse, & the limitations of divx in fast motion scenes is apparent but for a die-hard fan with bandwidth to spare it was worth it just to get a better idea of the texturing & dot3 bump maps and facial details.. The environments don't look as bland as they do in the gamespy mov with the increased clarity... Great wood textures + shader in the run-down apartment block for instance...

I hope so, it would kind of suck if you can't shoot your own team, not from any sick point of view but from friendly fire stuff, far more scary if you see somethign and you blaze away at it cutting down both your troops and the enemy, makes it a lot more desperate.

The quality got poorer and poorer as the video went on.

But the quality was still good when we got to the guy in the trashcan, haha :D

ManiacB said:
Can someone host this file on an FTP or something. I sit behind a big fire which blocks me from Torrenting. Passive PTF will help..... ;(

Believe, if you've seen the Gamespy one, your not missing anything. Quality isn't that much better.

It looked either like a person or somthing in the garbage, I didn't see a reflection though.

I never noticed that Breen poster with the communist like logo - hitler stylel!

It looked about 3 times better, but the DivX compression was what made it look less quality. If we had the DVD, it'd be much sharper.

I did notice some things, like the quality of the textures and things...I loved it :D I was glad to watch it :D I love the sheen of the surface of the floor...great stuff. And that girl in the Eli part, I can see the veins in her hand if you look closely.

All of the action sequences seemed a lot more frantic than before, with a lot more going on at once.

Definitely looks clearer to me - a lot less green hue as well. Worth the wait and enough to tide you over till the binkies come out.

I just saw for the first time that one of the striders goes real low and then runs away after a while and stands backup again. It looks really cool.

czrsink said:
Definitely looks clearer to me - a lot less green hue as well. Worth the wait and enough to tide you over till the binkies come out.

And that too, I could see farther...that room with the chair in it (it looks intimidating), its much easier to see the rest of the room.

Foxtrot said:
I just saw for the first time that one of the striders goes real low and then runs away after a while and stands backup again. It looks really cool.

Check my first post in the download-thread :) It looks awesome indeed!

Oh My Word. I want this game more and more everyday. Its the small little things that will make the game the best ever made. The way the wood falls and stays on the edge of the table. SOGH. I need this game.

honestly theres like .1% of a difference.. i mean you could just turn up the brightness with the old one and it'd be just like this...

Wasted a day downloading this in my opinion. and look you stupid f***s theres no one in the damn trashcan its a reflection! now shut your god damn mouths

Dunno if anyone noticed this before, but I know I never did until this video.
The zombies in the Ravenholm scene are headcrabbed resistance fighters. White shirt and blue jeans, different model than the ones we saw last year, or different zombies in different areas?

I know people had pointed out that they were different models, but not what they were

Joeyslucky22 said:
honestly theres like .1% of a difference.. i mean you could just turn up the brightness with the old one and it'd be just like this...

Wasted a day downloading this in my opinion. and look you stupid f***s theres no one in the damn trashcan its a reflection! now shut your god damn mouths

Calm down, there's no reason to be upset.

Looks like Gordons reflection to me, but I thought Gordon didn't reflect?

Joeyslucky22 said:

According to your sig, you should be a Boeing 747. :LOL:

It's much better quality and FYI my brightness was turned up all the way on the old one and I could hardly watch it.

Also during the Counter-Strike: Source movie, were there lasers on the cts guns? You can see something that's red right before they come out over the bridge at the beginning.

lans said:
I never noticed that Breen poster with the communist like logo - hitler stylel!

Hitler was a fascist, not a communist. He despised communism.

Magriep said:
Also during the Counter-Strike: Source movie, were there lasers on the cts guns? You can see something that's red right before they come out over the bridge at the beginning.

They appear to be reflections on the screen from cameras.

Magriep said:

I think that was cameras or something.

SubKamran said:
According to your sig, you should be a Boeing 747. :LOL:

It's much better quality and FYI my brightness was turned up all the way on the old one and I could hardly watch it.

:hahahahaahha: you're f***in funny

this quality was crap I dont know what the hell you guys are seeing... but then again most of you have probably watched the old one thousands of times... its imbedded in your brain..

now im just going to wait for the binks or the damn game.

I didn't see the kitches on the way down to eli's lab before, that was cool :)

Joeyslucky22 said:

this quality was crap I dont know what the hell you guys are seeing... but then again most of you have probably watched the old one thousands of times... its imbedded in your brain..

Gee, and the fact that I'm running the old one and the new one side by side makes no difference in my opinion? Jeebus christ. :sniper:

Joeyslucky22 said:

You should've waited for the binks or waited for the "damn" game in the first place. You've seen the screens, if you think it's not better then the Gamespy-one then you should have left it for what it is.

The reflections on the crowbar are sweet, looks nice at the start of Ravenholm

Green rockets... ;)

Attachments

• HL2rocket.jpg
    HL2rocket.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 385
where do I download this? the link on the front page is down, bit torrent? where!

geez, people read some threads sometimes will ya, that strider bit about it lowering down was described in "striders can be killed" one and also you can find some speculations on the purpose of this behaviour and what advantages it can bring to dear hordon, i mean, how on earth you couldn't spot that bit? unless you're watching it on your casio watches built in 16x16 screen or something

One thing that really annoyed me was in the water sequence with the hovercraft. After the first left that he takes you can't see any green plants to your left...but as you get about 8 feet from where the plants are supposed to be, the magically appear. I'm sure there is a better way of drawing these objects...

Hey guys, between 11-13 minutes when gordon is useing the shotgun he opens the menue to switch weapons as we all knew. This brought about the discussion of the crossbow. Lookcarefully as he does this and you will see why they have been redoing and revamping the GUI for weapon selection... he slects the crossbow and gets the machine gun.

mannequin said:
geez, people read some threads sometimes will ya, that strider bit about it lowering down was described in "striders can be killed" one and also you can find some speculations on the purpose of this behaviour and what advantages it can bring to dear hordon, i mean, how on earth you couldn't spot that bit? unless you're watching it on your casio watches built in 16x16 screen or something

I think you are talking about Fallout. Wrong forum Bud.

mayro said:
Hey guys, between 11-13 minutes when gordon is useing the shotgun he opens the menue to switch weapons as we all knew. This brought about the discussion of the crossbow. Lookcarefully as he does this and you will see why they have been redoing and revamping the GUI for weapon selection... he slects the crossbow and gets the machine gun.

Or maybe there's a weapon shortcut we don't know about ;)

Time2Choose said:
One thing that really annoyed me was in the water sequence with the hovercraft. After the first left that he takes you can't see any green plants to your left...but as you get about 8 feet from where the plants are supposed to be, the magically appear. I'm sure there is a better way of drawing these objects...

Yea, the draw distance for the grass was pretty bad....like 10 feet, lol.

Back