Discussion of the Improved E3 2k4 footage.

Originally Posted by Joeyslucky22
honestly theres like .1% of a difference.. i mean you could just turn up the brightness with the old one and it'd be just like this...

Wasted a day downloading this in my opinion. and look you stupid f***s theres no one in the damn trashcan its a reflection! now shut your god damn mouths

:O, you rude .... theres no need for that, jus makes you look like a tard :LOL: .

sometimes I wonder weither games like this attract the wrong type of audience

you know. the sicko's that are just in it for the guns. :rolleyes:

Another thing I noticed (I had already noticed this in the earlier video) is the concusion effects. When the strider shoots gordon...he is only affected for a couple of seconds. Im Call of Duty and the video from F.E.A.R the effect is much more long lasting and much more effective. I like how the sounds will slowly fade back in as the ringing dissapears. This happens way too quickly in the video.

Joeyslucky22 said:
honestly theres like .1% of a difference.. i mean you could just turn up the brightness with the old one and it'd be just like this...

Wasted a day downloading this in my opinion. and look you stupid f***s theres no one in the damn trashcan its a reflection! now shut your god damn mouths

lol man your hilarious, funny shit.

The version I got from Fileplanet had better quality, and no disturbing german b*tch.

The_Monkey said:
The version I got from Fileplanet had better quality, and no disturbing german b*tch.

The Gamespy/Fileplanet video had an awful green hue to it, it was by no means "better" quality.

IGN's still has the best overall quality, IMO.

if ive learnt anything about these forums, it's no ones ever f***in happy. (not everyone, just the moaners)

atleast thank the dude for hosting it for us.. , your as blind as a nonce if you cant see the quality difference.

:p

I thought it was pretty good just for the extra clarity in ravenholm., and seeing the striders movement a bit clearer, the old vid is smoother, but kinda blurry when you compare it.

Yep. The extra clarity was much appreciated.. thanks Burning Fish :)

Yea cheers Burning fish for going through this trouble so we could all see this ;)

Time2Choose said:
Another thing I noticed (I had already noticed this in the earlier video) is the concusion effects. When the strider shoots gordon...he is only affected for a couple of seconds. Im Call of Duty and the video from F.E.A.R the effect is much more long lasting and much more effective. I like how the sounds will slowly fade back in as the ringing dissapears. This happens way too quickly in the video.

I wish they would eliminate the ringing altogether. Very annoying as I plan on playing this game with the sound way up.

ShadowFox said:
I wish they would eliminate the ringing altogether. Very annoying as I plan on playing this game with the sound way up.

be prepared to hear ringing in your sleep then. :burp:

Did I see gibbing on the NPC's in the strider video?

In the second one when the strider shot its particle thingy, the dead guy on the floor didn't vaporize...he exploded.

iamironsam said:
Hitler was a fascist, not a communist. He despised communism.

I'm aware of that - I mean the poster made breen look as though he was some dictator like hitler. Sorry for saying communist - I was too excited after seeing the vid. I meant the logo had that swastika like feel.

ShadowFox said:
Maybe I'll just mute it when I see a Strider. :)

if valve are clever enough they should give you the option to turn concussion ringing effects off, ;)

A True Canadian said:

In the second one when the strider shot its particle thingy, the dead guy on the floor didn't vaporize...he exploded.

Nope. The bodies get blown back, behind the vaporized one, which puts it out of Gordon's view. The "gibs" you're seeing are particles from the now destroyed pillar.

the ringing makes it! It is so cool to have that total shell shocked feel when you get blasted.

something tells me npc humans arnt gonna beable to be gibbed , Im not bothered really, its HL , not soldier of fortune.

A True Canadian said:

I wish but he didnt explode if you look carefuly you can see that the body just gets blown backwards off the screen so you cant see him.

!!!!

Could someone host the video please? I can't use bittorrent at work, Thanks!!!

pvtlon said:
Could someone host the video please? I can't use bittorrent at work, Thanks!!!
Maybe you shouldn't be watching hl2 videos at work :p
It would take you a long time to download too.

Once again I'm blown away. The ones who say it is of bad quality have obviously seen the older videos so many times (bad versions) that they aren't able to appreciate this good quality.

The shaders and the subtle sheens and reflections on objects are so realistic and defiantely not over done such as in games like Far cry or Riddick, that it makes my jaw drop every time.I actually saw much more than before and this version definately pwns the IGN version too (although it had a starighter camera) which is IMO second best. The animation is mind clowingly good - I never doubted the models, you can literally see the veins of mossman standing next to you.

Thanks Burning fish, thanks a lot. :)

my discussion is this:

i saw this at valve in high resolution on a widescreen hdtv... but its still good to see again and be reminded of the awesomeness that is half life 2!

-merc

merc said:
my discussion is this:

i saw this at valve in high resolution on a widescreen hdtv... but its still good to see again and be reminded of the awesomeness that is half life 2!

-merc
your damn lucky !

lans said:
Once again I'm blown away. The ones who say it is of bad quality have obviously seen the older videos so many times (bad versions) that they aren't able to appreciate this good quality.

The shaders and the subtle sheens and reflections on objects are so realistic and defiantely not over done such as in games like Far cry or Riddick, that it makes my jaw drop every time.I actually saw much more than before and this version definately pwns the IGN version too (although it had a starighter camera) which is IMO second best. The animation is mind clowingly good - I never doubted the models, you can literally see the veins of mossman standing next to you.

Thanks Burning fish, thanks a lot. :)

I'm not decided if it's better quality than IGN's, but I'll give it this.. it's the best footage of CS:S I've seen. The quality is better than IGN's and Gamespy's at it, and it doesn't cut short.

Anyhow, it is great quality though :) as far as a shakey cam goes

Originally Posted by merc
my discussion is this:

-merc

they didnt show you the binks?

thats lame, id be demanding the binks.

on a side note, in the train station, past the combine checking station, before you go through the door , theres a sign with 'NOVA PROSPECT' on the chain link fence. I guess thats where those trains you see through there go. You where just stopped :O.

some civilians go another way, up those steps.. C17 or something.

hmm Nova Prospect sounds intresting. the plot thickens

clarky003 said:
they didnt show you the binks?

thats lame, id be demanding the binks.

It certainly sounds like they showed him the Binks.. maybe even in-engine demos of it.

Sorry foor complaining before, I just relized that this new one is better, when I looked thru the old one.

Hehe this is what someone said at the Steam forums "Jesus bloody H CHRIST would you look at
the size of that damn thread!!!

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26468

Over 900 replies , 20,000 views.....all for a video of slightly higher quality than the gamespy vid.

Imagine what'll happen when the binks are released."
ROFL! ahhaha

Haha yea we like our videos though!

This is so much more clearer.

I love the begginning train station part. I love it when there is some mystery and you don't feel like the ultimzte hero right off the bat, but you must change into the hero. Awesome stuff!!!!

Much higher quality too! Will these be getting released on PCGamer? I thought I read that they would.

Shuzer said:
I'm not decided if it's better quality than IGN's, but I'll give it this.. it's the best footage of CS:S I've seen. The quality is better than IGN's and Gamespy's at it, and it doesn't cut short.

Anyhow, it is great quality though :) as far as a shakey cam goes

Agreed. The Cs:s actully looked amazing (in comparison to the recently released italy map vid - of course due to DVD print) after I recovered myself and got a new pair of pants watching the HL2 one.

So.. what do the markings on the breen poster say? Is it alien script?

edit: It seems to be "CHB" (on it's side, in another poster it's horizontal)

I wonder what it means... Combine-Human Brigade?

Also; funny how the train-schedule-boards show the other cities(?) , like C(ity?) 24 and such

DeltaBlast said:
So.. what do the markings on the breen poster say? Is it alien script?

edit: It seems to be "CHB" (on it's side, in another poster it's horizontal)

I wonder what it means... Combine-Human Brigade?

Also; funny how the train-schedule-boards show the other cities(?) , like C(ity?) 24 and such

Prolly that's where city 13 can also be found. :p

and the breen poster also has that star trek like logo...swastika anyone?

And now that you mention it, I couldn't see what was on that board in the old video...

It's a shame that the quality decreases dramatically after the station scene :(

edit: around 7:37 or something, you see a brief sunglare.. is that HDR? (please don't kill me for asking ;))

Back