DM DAM beta1.

clarky003

Tank
Reaction score
okay.. im going to host a server sometime tonight, ... for me.. its 10:00 pm here right now... so ill plant an internet dedicated server and leave the comp running all night for people to play around on the map. ill post the server IP soon. give me an hour or two.

heres the updated images,

with the following changes.

Skybox valley added.

cliff walkway to gain access up and down the dam

generally more junk added.. ill leave everyone to find the weapons for themselves :).

also , dont mind the ladder... it will be changed.. its just a test, its fine, just needs a small bit of repositioning..

here are the new shots:

Beta1.jpg

Beta2.jpg

Beta3.jpg

Beta3a.jpg

Beta6.jpg

Beta4.jpg

Beta5.jpg

I am SO gonna stand at the top of the damn and grenade myself. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Looking great by the way, I'm going to test it now :)

EDIT: No I'm not...

/me waits for the server :)

In the words of Eric Cartman:

"Schuper Schweet"

It gives me some very good memories of Goldeneye and the interior sections of Timesplitters 2 Dam Level.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! O LUV YA! ;D
Awsome screnies, i want to play it!!!!!

Aside from those interior rooms looking like boxes with props in them, it looks nice. Hope it plays as good as it looks :D

I was about to say no more friggin damn maps, but holy shiiiiiit. Thats damn nice

HL2DM: DM DAM - beta1

192.168.1.101:27015

Password: clarky

map size: 11.1 mb ... to give you some idea of the download time.

its up, :)

for 1 hour to start with then it goes off :( , but ill restart it for the whole night later , at around 1:00 am GMT, when my stupid brother is off his UMMORPG ... dont want him to hog bandwidth.

have fun :), any problems ... then post..

bump, 45 min left ... lol.. :/

for anyone that wants to atleast download the beta map,

dead :(... it wont show up..? gah, thats probably the router.

well,, if anyone can host it.. id be glad to hand it over to them.. i guess ;(

well that pretty much pwns my city 13 dam map, at least right now (though mine's more internal).

It's not responding. You sure you got the right IP address?

IP is spot on. its my router Chris,, i totally forgot about it 'doh'.. someone without a router needs to host it if possible.

its too complex for me to mess with it, id probably end up messing my whole connection up if i fiddled with the ports.

Give me a download link for the map, I'll put it on our UK server for a bit :)

k Chris I'll email you the file in 10 min. whats your addy..? if you can recieve 11.1 meg

i honestly dont have any other way of getting it to you at the moment.

I think Clarky wants to keep it... secretive.

Ahh must play!!

pharamir said:
Chris_D can't you post it on the forum even if it is 11.1mb?
You mean for everyone to download?

Nope, any downloads kill the server because of the forum traffic.

Clarky, that should be fine.

lol, alright, just realised ure email is in ure sig ;)

k itll be with you in a little while,, post the server up when you get it going :), thanks alot in advance .

clarky003, I'll put it on the server so it's the only map on the rotation until tomorrow then if it plays as good as it looks it will probably join the other maps on there in the full rotation.

Neat! Thanks Chris.

Ahhh must play.. Get it on that server!

then if it plays as good as it looks it will probably join the other maps on there in the full rotation.

well its only the beta, but maybe.. i dont personally think its polished enough yet :p

anyhoo, its been sent , zipped it, so its a 4 meg file.

Alan Freeman said:
weres the link to download .this looks amazing
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS read the thread before you post in it.

thx :)

Chris D is hosting a server in a while Alan, if you join the server , you can download it through that over the steam network..., just keep an eye on the thread for the server.

clarky003 said:
Chris D is hosting a server in a while Alan, if you join the server , you can download it through that over the steam network..., just keep an eye on the thread for the server.
lol ok i didnt read all of it, i dont like to read i just saw these cool pics and thougt valve sent us a new map

lol, well, crossing my fingers I hope this test goes smoothly.

82.136.36.19:27017 - Join there now :D

I'm going in right now to change the map :) See you there. The map can only be downloaded from the server.

Kudos goes to Chris_D for the best crossbow shot in recorded history, nailing me to the dam face in mid fall!

Awesome map.

FictiousWill said:
Kudos goes to Chris_D for the best crossbow shot in recorded history, nailing me to the dam face in mid fall!

Awesome map.
hehe ive been doing that on my WIP dam, SMG alt-fire at the top and then nail them with the crossbow as they come down :D

Map changed so I thought I'd give a little input. First off, the map is gorgeous. It fits in to the HL2 feel nicely. The play was fun. Ragdolls while falling off the edge look so cool. I spent about as much time jumping/dying off the dam as I did actually playing.

Now for the problemas. There were quite a few places where you got stuck easily. (i.e. between the stairs on the right of the dam and the rock wall, the top of stairs up from the back of the dam, and in the tubes mid-way up the dam) Don't know if it was the map or the server but lag got bad. BAD. One other thing, the three main levels of the dam (bottom, middle, and top) aren't very linked together very well.

Overall, the map was very fun but still need polishing.

On the back side of the dam there is just a stairway up, it could do with a ladder on the opposite end.

Falling the length of the dam hits you for 5, maybe 10 hp. A few stairs here and there are a bit high, and require jumping (when they shouldn't). Other than that - and supposedly some exit-the-map problems, the map looks really good.

Back