DM DAM beta1.

A bit more after playing some more. The mud makes you slide too much. One time, I somehow got sliding in the mud and ramped off the stairs from the back of the dam and ended up nearly out of the level. Getting out of the level is another problem. I found places on both ends of the river where I could get out.

Also, the dumpster on top should most definetely be moveable. Although you get the alt-fire in it, there's no way out. Plus, how cool would it be to send someone in the dumpster flying off the dam.

BTW, those mass suicides sure were fun.

The server won't let me download it, I've allowed HL2DM to download stuff (cl_allowdownload 1) but it says it's missing the map and it disconnects. Usually works fine when downloading custom maps.

EDIT: Creating a fake dm_dam in my maps folder doesn't work either.

PvtRyan said:
The server won't let me download it, I've allowed HL2DM to download stuff (cl_allowdownload 1) but it says it's missing the map and it disconnects. Usually works fine when downloading custom maps.

Yes, I have the same problem. :(

got some pics of the suicide. uplaod in min.

the map is ace, and i can imagen a brilliant tdm on there

dm_dam0000.jpg

veg and clarky playing with rockets
fun.....
dm_dam0002.jpg

Wow, just got done playing, that was SUPER fun.

Hey look! I am in that pic! (Second combine from the left :D)

And look! That rocket picture! That's my rocket!

I AM TEH FAMOUS!!!???

Actually, now that I think about it, the main reason it was fun was because a bunch of really cool people were there.

We did suicides, rocket twirling, and juggling! :D

(Note: Do not attempt to juggle 3 explosive barrels at once)

yay , thats me, the gruff looking rebel in the middle :E

someone maybe kind enough to host it somewhere :) ,, testing it when you get a go,, so far what needs to be sorted out (thanks mostly to Veg)..

changes to be made... .. dumpster needs to be a physics object..

2. seal a few gaps between rocks, and place some clipping brushes to stop climbing attempts to get out of the level at one or 2 points.

3. clutter the dam more,

4. clutter the back of the dam, and more obstacles at the bottom.

Ill send Beta2 to Chris when its done, if i cant host it myself at the time.

other than that i hope you guys are enjoying the map and thanks for the input.

(gosh :( that water looks weird)

clarky003 said:
yay , thats me, the gruff looking rebel in the middle :E

someone maybe kind enough to host it somewhere :) ,, testing it when you get a go,, so far what needs to be sorted out (thanks mostly to Veg)..

changes to be made... .. dumpster needs to be a physics object..

2. seal a few gaps between rocks, and place some clipping brushes to stop climbing attempts to get out of the level at one or 2 points.

3. clutter the dam more,

4. clutter the back of the dam, and more obstacles at the bottom.

Ill send Beta2 to Chris when its done, if i cant host it myself at the time.

other than that i hope you guys are enjoying the map and thanks for the input.

(gosh :( that water looks weird)

Try with uploading it to www.domaindlx.com :)

upgrade!,, the dx9 water effects are so worth the upgrade :)

Ill try that thanks harij

Won't let me download it

says i'm missing the map why is it doing that?

aeroripper said:
Won't let me download it

says i'm missing the map why is it doing that?

It's doing it to me aswell!!.. NOOooooOOOoO! :(

I know there is some setting you can change in the console for changing the maximum download size of a map.... i cant remember if the default max was less than 10meg... but being that his map is 11.1meg it may be why??

If not, then yes, i am a spastic :rolling:

I'm gonna hunt for that thread i remember reading about the filesize of maps..

Catch :cheers:

Ok i found the thread... but it says the max default size is 16meg.. so it shouldnt be a prob??!!

To change the file size for downloading larger maps is "net_maxfilesize #"

With # being the max filesize you want to set it at obviosly...

Catch

It's not the max filesize. I think something is wrong with the server.

It's too bad y'all can't play.

Eeeurgh. I sound so southern when I say "y'all"

host error: dissconnected??

what the hell is that??

clarky.. help us out here dude

It's not clarky. It's Chris_D. He is the one running that server.

(Don't go to Clarky's link... Read through the thread and find the IP for the Beef server)

Ooops, I disabled uploads on the server last night cos it was getting too laggy. My bad.

I'll change it now. It should be on the usual map rotation now too so get on the server and have some games :E

dm_stalkyard (the one that has been remade really well) is on there too now.

Should be fixed now and there should also be a time limit on there instead of a frag limit so Carky's map should be on there every 2 and a half hours for half an hour! :D

lol, Chris thanks again, ill probably have a blast sometime later today.. see if i need to change much else.

:thumbs:

I just want to thanks Chris_D for his server and the maps! ;)
Nice map clarky! :D

thanks for everyones input on this :imu: ...

its helping so much, the level is pretty much tight now. a new ladder at the rear of the dam.. and because of the maps size, everyone wanted more Junk and obstacles.. and that all important 'moving' big blue bin.

took 2 hours of my time, more pick ups + refined interior ladder.. now im off to bed, but a few more bits and bobs here and there before the end of the week, and ill send Beta 2 over to Chris...

Beta2-1.jpg

Beta2-2.jpg

Beta2-3.jpg

Beta2-4.jpg

looks awesome.. great map to play too, one of the best DM maps i've played so far.

Well done to all that made it.

hey, looks great, want to download it.. c'mon
put up the server with beta 2

Did you add some clip brushes at the end of the low side to prevent people from escaping the map and sniping anybody in the map from behind the displacement brushes? I just tried the map again (older version) and was able to go beneath the water and pop up to shoot and pop back down again, or just shoot from behind geometry. Should be solvable with a simple clip brush over the whole end of the map.

great map, just played on it. really cool gameplay one minor thing is the art. I would have loved to see a more combine looking dam

FictiousWill said:
Did you add some clip brushes at the end of the low side to prevent people from escaping the map and sniping anybody in the map from behind the displacement brushes? I just tried the map again (older version) and was able to go beneath the water and pop up to shoot and pop back down again, or just shoot from behind geometry. Should be solvable with a simple clip brush over the whole end of the map.
I annoyed him quite alot about that when playtesting with him.

So don't worry ;)

I agree, good god it takes like 5 minutes to put it up on pcgamemods. Come on, upload it!

just wondering if anyone knows what the map cycle is for chris d's server cause i've tried 5 times all at different times of the day to catch dm_dam on the server and have yet to see it since map downloading has be enabled

http://www.pcgamemods.com/9652/

there you go , wont have to wait for it to come round on chris's server.. infact if Chris is reading this... its worth updating to Beta 2 , have fun :)

im going to put the finished version on file planet me thinks.

thank you for uploading this map myself and a friend checked it out and found a area while standing on the dam facing the canyon it would be on the right side if you walk along the path to the edge there is no clip so falling out of the world is a bummer but other than that haven't found anything else.... oh and btw driving the water buggy off the dam is a blast :)

Back