Do you believe in aliens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason we dont see them is because they took one look at us and said "they need a few million years"....

so when we reach a point as a species where mothers arent throwing their babies in dumpsters, maybe they will come and visit and invite is to experience the gallactic empire that has been prospering for millions of years.
I think there is quite a bit of truth in what you said. They are in no hurry to make formal introductions.

I believe that aliens exist, space is too mother ****ing huge for it not to have life out there, I'm hoping there is some alien empire out there and takes our our lovely planet and I will sell myself to them!

As for God, I'd like to believe in it but I'm a bit skeptical about it. I need to see evidence telling me to believe other than the "word" of God (the Bible). Although, I'm not really an Agnostic/Atheist because I don't fit the very definition (the refusal to believe in God). I was brought up as a Roman Catholic and I find it very hard to believe otherwise as it was in breaded in me from birth as my Mother was a very religious roman catholic who used to go to church every single day (until she got sick and died). That said, I do see the dangers of religion (including catholicism) and see it or used to see it in my very house.

I'm not really an Agnostic/Atheist because I don't fit the very definition (the refusal to believe in God

That's not what it means mate.

I beleive in aliens. Big blue female ones with 3 breats and a vag like a front loading washing machine :)

You could if you wanted to, but I think you will be quite speechless at the occasion. And after you did (if you did), you will not like where you will be. Everything is just hunky dory where you are sitting at now, you got all the answers, but in the blink of an eye things can change so drastically as to blow you clean away and change your whole outlook on everything. Been there.

Been there too.

Conclusions?

Spending time and energy trying to prove to oneself that God exists or not is not worth your time or energy.

That's not what it means mate.

I beleive in aliens. Big blue female ones with 3 breats and a vag like a front loading washing machine :)

"Your puny earth peen does not satisfy me" *eats head*

Been there too.

Conclusions?

Spending time and energy trying to prove to oneself that God exists or not is not worth your time or energy.
Here is the difference. I no longer have to prove it to myself, ever. It does however, seem pretty futile to attempt to show God to somebody with a bucket over thier head....

I haven't played it once yet. Does it have a blue alien women I can interfere with?

Yes, alien life probably exists elsewhere.

This is why I would be so excited if we were to discover evidence of microbial life -- current or extinct -- on Mars. Say we do discover some. If life is so rare, then what would be the chances of coming upon other life on the planet next door -- right in our own solar system?

This is why I would be so excited if we were to discover evidence of microbial life -- current or extinct -- on Mars. Say we do discover some. If life is so rare, then what would be the chances of coming upon other life on the planet next door -- right in our own solar system?
It's all about Europa, buddy.

OBVIOUSLY, you do have the blinders on. Sorry about that. I could tell you I know God is there, and exactly HOW I know it, but your mind is made up and you wouldn't hear of it anyways.
On the contrary, I'm interested in hearing it. I don't believe in God because I feel that his existence doesn't make a whole lot of sense and isn't necessitated by the existence of the universe; if I had a compelling reason to then I would have no problem with being religious. As it is I try to replace faith with spirituality and philosophy in my life. Not to mention that telling me your reasoning for belief is quite preferable to making a lot of totally baseless claims about truth without bothering to support them at all, which is what you did instead.

The self-righteous attitude isn't really necessary either, there's nothing becoming about being an asshole. The fact that you appear to have had some revelatory religious experience doesn't really mean a thing to anyone else, and it's kind of pointless to approach the pedestal if the person standing on it is smirking arrogantly at you.

I will say this though, God's home is NOT in this dimension, his dimension has no "time and space" as we know it.
Necessarily he would have to exist in the dimensions of time and space in addition to whatever dimensions you claim he inhabits, because he can manifest himself and his actions in these dimensions; also, this entire sentence is basically substantively meaningless.

God says he has ALWAYS existed, but the human mind cannot concieve that in our limited physical universe of time and space where things MUST have a start and an end, and our limited teensy weensy brains (yes, you have one too Mr. Moderator).
I would rather bow down before the demonstrated wonder of the physical universe in all of its majestic complexity than before a fictional supernatural being that created it for the hell of it. Again, this sentence is sadly afflicted with the same total lack of basis and support that everything else you're saying is, Mr. Forumite.

He created this physical universe and us who he put in it.
Unfounded, unsubstantiated, lacking any evidence or support whatsoever, et cetera.

Furthermore, your belief, or unbelief in him does not change a thing about his actual existance, in the same way if you step in front of a fast moving train, your belief or unbelief in that train will not change the outcome.
Wait, are you telling me that my brain isn't capable of altering the physical state of a being's existence? Of course whether you or I believe in him is irrelevant to whether he actually does or not - it's just that you have no good reason to believe in him beyond what, faith and gut feeling? and I have plenty of good reasons NOT to believe in him.

I'll also say that one day, sooner or later, (was sooner for me) you and everyone else will meet him, GUARANTEED. Something else for you to bank on. :eek:)
Well, that's fine. I'm sure he and I will get along famously if that ever happens.

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." - Thomas Jefferson

Here is the difference. I no longer have to prove it to myself, ever. It does however, seem pretty futile to attempt to show God to somebody with a bucket over thier head....
It is futile. You should probably just keep acting self-righteous and arrogant. Also maybe we should take a poll on who has a bucket over their head here, because I've got an inkling that it's you.

Well, there used to be water on Mars right? So maybe that's pretty likely. There's a good sci-fi book called Mars by Ben Bova? i think and that's what it's about. Of course, even if we do, that doesn't mean THAT much - microbial life is an entirely different matter than sentient species. Also, I'm hoping we find something cool beneath the surface of Europa.

Correct you spelling and grammar, then we'll talk.;)
Let me rephrase.
It was said, "god could exist in a universe where our logic does not apply".

Who created the universe where god exists?

fido, you have no idea what you are talking about. How can your god always exist, but the universe simply not always exist? How can you believe your god has always existed, but not believe that the universe always existed? You don't know everything about physics. No one does. I have no idea where the universe came from. You obviously think you do, and you have ruled out all other possibilites. Doing so you are telling me that you know everything about physics and you know for sure that something cannot come from nothing except your god.
Actually all that was BS, I'm God. Now I demand you go kill the next person you see!! If you don't I shall strike you down when you least expect it!

Let me rephrase.
It was said, "god could exist in a universe where our logic does not apply".

Who created the universe where god exists?

fido, you have no idea what you are talking about. How can your god always exist, but the universe simply not always exist? How can you believe your god has always existed, but not believe that the universe always existed? You don't know everything about physics. No one does. I have no idea where the universe came from. You obviously think you do, and you have ruled out all other possibilites. Doing so you are telling me that you know everything about physics and you know for sure that something cannot come from nothing except your god.
Actually all that was BS, I'm God. Now I demand you go kill the next person you see!! If you don't I shall strike you down when you least expect it!
I dont have to know everything, or ANYTHING about Physics for that matter. Because: 1. I already know him to exist. This is knowledge you obviously do not have and also wrestle with.
2. I take him for his word because he is God. He says he has always been, so then he has always been, no debate, no questions. Good enough for me. Its called faith. He will explain it one day when I can understand.

You just contradicted yourself. "You don't know everything about physics. No one does. I have no idea where the universe came from." Then how do you know he isn't around or that he hasn't always been here? I on the other hand know that he is around and it is your problem to find him, not mine. As I said before, you will meet him. Guaranteed.
You will find out all about it for sure right about when you die.

Now, I have wasted enough time on this thread on blind people with buckets over their heads. :)

Bye! It WAS fun!

Arrogant? Hardly, but I do feel sorry for you. Fighting so hard against the truth.
Here, read some of these: http://www.nderf.org/archives_First_half_2004.htm
My wife and I had this NDE experience, let me tell you, this physical world is nothing compared to an experience like this. And you, not being there, cannot judge it. You can theorize about it all you want, but you will always come up with the wrong answer.

Have a good day, I'm out of here.

PS, I hope the post took the link Ok.

I dont have to know everything, or ANYTHING about Physics for that matter. Because: 1. I already know him to exist. This is knowledge you obviously do not have and also wrestle with.
2. I take him for his word because he is God. He says he has always been, so then he has always been, no debate, no questions. Good enough for me. Its called faith. He will explain it one day when I can understand.
No you don't. You can have faith that if a nuke hits you and explodes that you will live. Faith means nothing when the probability that you are right is infinitely small.

You just contradicted yourself. "You don't know everything about physics. No one does. I have no idea where the universe came from." Then how do you know he isn't around or that he hasn't always been here? I on the other hand know that he is around and it is your problem to find him, not mine. As I said before, you will meet him. Guaranteed.
I'm a weak atheist, therefor I didn't contradict myself.
No I wont. However if i'm dreaming and I see him in my dreams i'll be sure to give him the middle finger for sentencing most of the worlds population throughout the ages to eternal torture.

Now, I have wasted enough time on this thread on blind people with buckets over their heads. :)
I'm god. I demand you to sacrifice yourself to me within 24 hours or you will be sentenced to hell.

Quick question.
Can god make a rock so big he cannot lift it?
PARADOX!

OBVIOUSLY, you do have the blinders on. Sorry about that. I could tell you I know God is there, and exactly HOW I know it, but your mind is made up and you wouldn't hear of it anyways. I will say this though, God's home is NOT in this dimension, his dimension has no "time and space" as we know it. God says he has ALWAYS existed, but the human mind cannot concieve that in our limited physical universe of time and space where things MUST have a start and an end, and our limited teensy weensy brains (yes, you have one too Mr. Moderator). He created this physical universe and us who he put in it. Furthermore, your belief, or unbelief in him does not change a thing about his actual existance, in the same way if you step in front of a fast moving train, your belief or unbelief in that train will not change the outcome. I'll also say that one day, sooner or later, (was sooner for me) you and everyone else will meet him, GUARANTEED. Something else for you to bank on. :eek:)

Yay for special pleading...

What evidence do you have for this?

In any case, why can the universe have not always existed? Or a better question, why even speculate about what came "before" the universe when time itself, which we depend on for the definition of "before", is a property of the universe? The universe requires no causal explanation, because time itself came into existence with the universe.

Why invoke a supernatural magical man to explain what does not need to be explained? It's a needless complication that begs far too many questions and invokes far too many special pleading fallacies. If god, an unimaginably complex intelligent agency, can "just exist" then the universe, a chaotic jumble of matter and energy certainly can "just exist".

Arrogant? Hardly, but I do feel sorry for you. Fighting so hard against the truth.
Here, read some of these: http://www.nderf.org/archives_First_half_2004.htm
My wife and I had this NDE experience, let me tell you, this physical world is nothing compared to an experience like this. And you, not being there, cannot judge it. You can theorize about it all you want, but you will always come up with the wrong answer.

Have a good day, I'm out of here.

PS, I hope the post took the link Ok.

Your subjective experience means nothing. NDE's have been proven in the laboratory to be natural effects of brain death creating hallucinogenic images. They can be easily reproduced with oxygen deprivation and anesthesia, and any experience, however mystical you think it was, was likely a combination of these hallucinogenic effects and your own expectations.

Your subjective experience means nothing. NDE's have been proven in the laboratory to be natural effects of brain death creating hallucinogenic images. They can be easily reproduced with oxygen deprivation and anesthesia, and any experience, however mystical you think it was, was likely a combination of these hallucinogenic effects and your own expectations.
Soooo predictable! And also laughable. I already know all this BS, and it is BS. They know nothing.

I'd rather take the world as it is instead of taking it as it is with a mystical God that there is no concrete proof of (and if I started believing in stuff that there's no proof for, I'd rather believe in like the spaghetti monster, he seems pretty awesome to me)

This is very simple. The fact that there are some parallels such as the lack of evidence is irrelevant. We have no evidence that aliens exist; however, we do know they can exist (because WE exist), and we know that the conditions for life could be and theoretically have been replicated in millions of places across the universe. Aliens are plausible.

God, on the other hand, has no evidence to support his existence, but also no reason to exist, no precedent, et cetera. It's possible God exists, but not as theoretically likely as aliens existence, nor remotely as plausible.

This. There is a big difference between aliens and god.

Anywho, to quote Arthur C. Clarke "We may be the only inttligent species in the universe, or we may be one of several - each is an qually terrifying possibility".

Or something like that.

Soooo predictable! And also laughable. I already know all this BS, and it is BS. They know nothing.

Denial of scientific facts (you know, the stuff that can be proven). The thing you experiance, that you don't need to prove God exists and you just KNOW is a simple physcological phenomenum that comes from religion, that makes you so sure you are right. Close-minded and using offenses. Typical.

Oh, and drop the arrogence, or your not gonna make many friends.

You just admitted that you have no interest in the rational process of debate, have no hard evidence of God's existence (just the likelihood that he could kinda sorta exist). Apparently faith is a good enough solution for you. Dandy.

But don't peddle that stuff to the rest of the world as the supreme truth and get high and mighty about it. :hmph:

the reason we dont see them is because they took one look at us and said "they need a few million years"....

so when we reach a point as a species where mothers arent throwing their babies in dumpsters, maybe they will come and visit and invite is to experience the gallactic empire that has been prospering for millions of years.
How did I miss this? epic, and a win.:thumbs: (except for the grammar highlighted in bold. Fix this Ty, so the world can see your message in all it's luster.)

Weren't you 'out of here'?

And your anecdotal evidence holds no weight against the might of actual study and scientific experimentation! TAKE THAT!

You could if you wanted to, but I think you will be quite speechless at the occasion. And after you did (if you did), you will not like where you will be. Everything is just hunky dory where you are sitting at now, you got all the answers, but in the blink of an eye things can change so drastically as to blow you clean away and change your whole outlook on everything. Been there.

Hey, instead of preaching to us, how about you shove a cock in your mouth?

I nominate myself for moderator '08.
Loli's for all!

I would like to answer the OP's post and say yes and yes to your questions. Firstly the universe is so diverse it is unimaginable that intelligent life does not exist. Secondly I believe intelligent life forms have visited our planet probably throughout Earth's history.
Can the same be said of OBE's which are a result of a NDE?

I was wrong about the oxygen depravation by the way. It's actually caused by a massive release of endorphins and Dimethyltryptamine just before death.

the OBE's are a result of the massive release of endorphins, which makes the patient experience a floating sensation, combined with the hallucinogenic effects of DMT, which can produce a very real sensation of being out of one's body. People who report accurately what was going on in the room merely heard what the people said and inferred their actions based on that, or might have been in an altered state of consciousness similar to hypnosis during the NDE.

Quick question.
Can god make a rock so big he cannot lift it?
PARADOX!

That's an old one.

Answer: He wouldn't.

Smug superior evangelising Christians without any concept of logic give such a bad impression.

You want an OBE? Go to your local grocery store and buy a bottle of cough syrup.

One does not require a paranormal explanation for such things. The mind is more than capable of fooling even itself.

Hey, instead of preaching to us, how about you shove a cock in your mouth?
Though I don't agree with fido139's approach:
cocky douchbagery (fido139) + dumb ass remark (Absinthe) != An intelligent conversation. :p

I think every one of you are retarded.
No one knows exactly how this Earth came to be, and no one will know. We all think we know the answer, when we don't. Atheism, in my book, is as much of a religon as any other. You just don't want to accept that fact since, in your eyes, this will bring you to a lower level. "I'm an atheist", oh wow, does that make you cool now or something? Everyone likes you now! The fact that we're fighting over these petty differences just cements the fact that humanity is stupid, and we really don't deserve to live at all. We should be working toward a more environmentalist approach, trying to solve problems with the economy, and banding together, despite our differences in religon or viewpoints. The same is for Republicans and Democrats, both sides think the other is stupid and have the wrong choice, but in truth they are both wrong, and that our country should be one unified political party, which was what Hitler dreamed for Germany [before he went crazy.]. Atheists are not completely right. Religons are not completely right, though both sides do think they are right. It's the same for you America-hating Europeans, you think that America sucks, even though you don't know how our culture works, or because you genreliseus all to be fat, stupid people. We wuodn't be able to ably run a country if we were such, and England would have been able to take over any time they wished, but that fact isn't true, and we're a strong country.

tl;dr:
STFU

[/rant]

Atheism is such a fad. People only subscribe to it so they look cool. Surely its worldwide popularity shows this!

our country should be one unified political party, which was what Hitler dreamed for Germany [before he went crazy.].

Think you've got the timeline of his life a little mixed up there...

What your country needs is more than two parties imo :p

Do you believe in aliens?

NO LETS TALK ABOUT RELIGION, LAWL.
:upstare:

And now Hitler.

HL2.net: Proving Godwin Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back