Do you believe in, like, aliens?

Do you believe in aliens?

• Total voters
Well I am not going to go into detail, since, frankly, Im afraid of the government. All i will say is that a close relative of mine was in an extremely powerful position in US government in the 80s. He knows very well whether or not there is any government alien conspiracy, and i have over the years picked up several hints from him that highly intrigue me. When I see him next Im going to ask him about it directly, and I never plan on telling anyone what he says. I will leave it at that, and no, my post count does not indicate whether i am legitimate or not so please dont judge me by it. Dont think I'm just trying to draw attention to myself. All I'm trying to say is that I've shifted my position from skeptic to very unsure and wanting answers.

im with the government and we're gonna find you!!

^I don't judge you. I for one think there is definitely something very weird going on but the truth is probably much more complicated and weird then just aliens:dozey: .

I agree, aliens is very simplistic. I didn't intend to say it was an "alien" conspiracy that I really am unsure about. Just there is something to the accusations of conspiracy with what many believe to be alien life.

I'm hoping that an alien race will reveal themselves in my lifetime, for better or worse. Then I will know what I need to know.

Ancient civilizations disseaprering overnight.
Give me proof of an entire civilization dissapearing. I don't mean things like we not finding any scrolls from a civilization after a certain year or their end not being documented it mean something like an ancient Greek scroll saying
"OMG the Romans just dissapeared lol!"
Also *cough*naturaldisaster*cough*

Heavenly Light.
The Sun?

Drawings of humniod creatures in African caves
Maybe they're drawing of humans?

an entire religon based around extra-terrsitials.
If you're talking about scientology I will kill you.

Even the Bibal has refrences (and gods childeren saw these creature's women were fair and made love with the
strangers).
WTF? I don't see how that is nessisarily to do with aliens.

All religons have some things that could be interpreted as UFO activity.
It could also be interperated as magic, OMG WITCHES EXIST!

Then how do you explain lights and discs over Eypgt in the 15th century?
Some sort of cosmic even. It was actualy an ancient Eygptian novel and not a true story. Halucinations.

An encryption of a machine on a Plengue tomblid?
I bet that picture could be interpreted in a million different ways.

Bizzare objects over Nuremburg, Germany April 14th 1561?
That one was Jesus.

A zeplinn sighted over California four years before the zeplinn was invernted?
Testflight.

A massive object hitting the dirt at Roswell?
Testing of an experimental aircraft.

Crop circles? Kids cannot make some of the things that have been seen.
You'd be suprised. I saw a documentry where these collage students where able to make a fairly complex crop circle, iridiate the ground with a magnetron and spread minerals all over the ground (all of which have been seen in real crop circles) in one night.

Odd aircraft spotted over Japan soon after the Atomic bombings?
The planes that dropped the bombs?

Frigtening pictures of creatures that ahve not been sighted ion this world as of yet?
People using their imagination.

Gary McKinnon hacked into the US Army, Navy, Air Force, and Department of Defense computers as well as 16 Nasa computers. He found nothing. If he had found something he had the opportunity to gather evidence.

When he was first questioned about his activity's he did not mention UFO's once. When the US authorities wanted him extradited he starting screaming conspiracy with out any evidence to back up his wild claims.

Because of his stupidity he now faces decades in jail and millions of $$ in fines...

If I was him I'd get a sex change and demand a womans prison.

;(

I believe in like aliens, but not exactly aliens.

Yes, I know I talk like that, shut up.

There's gotta be other life-forms out there, intelligent..that is the question

Yes, there is a life form out there, far far away....

Sure. But I tend to think they're probably not so advanced as popular culture has led us to believe. More like the beings in Spore still in their tribal age... like a planet of alien dinosaurs or something, just waiting for us to go **** up their eco-system too.

^Doesn't believe in aliens

I think aliens have come to earth before. Actually I have talked to some people who have had close encounters themselves. One of them was a very respected university professor I had the opportunity to meet when he visited our school. Somehow we got on the topic of aliens. I was expecting him to rip me apart for my beliefs but I was very suprised to hear that he too believed aliens existed and had an encounter himself. Not only had he been driving down the road one night, saw a beam of light and been pulled up into this foreign craft, but he also had a terrible case of bad teeth. In fact that was one of the first things I noticed when I had seen him before in pictures, but at the meeting his teeth were absolutely amazing. He says that while he was on the craft the aliens had sat him down in a chair and placed a strange machine over his mouth and that was the last he could remember of the incident. Out of all the people I have talked to his story has always astonished me the most.

Maybe you should all read 'Link' by Walter Becker, for he knows the truth about aliens and how they made earthlings smart lololololoolololol.

If there's life out there, it's not in a spaceship.

There are so many damned universes, its a slim chance only this universe had living life forms

I do think there is some microscopic life out there, and possibly even intelligent life...but I definatley don't think they have ever visited or would ever have the capibility of visiting us. It migt be possible that we could communicate with a race of intelligent beings some day, but that chance is also extremely slim.

200 billion stars in our galaxy. Billions of galaxies. There could be thousands of empires!
m31gendlernmosaic1lz3.jpg

There has to be something!

Combine.
Controllers.
Race-X.
The G-Man :eek:

There all waiting for us!
And Roimhaire yeah that lid could be interpreted in a number of different ways. I'll explain in more detail after I get back from school. :E

Mr Fusion, do something about the size of that image :p
Also, aliens do exist, just watch Independance day!

>_> <_<

Combine.
Controllers.
Race-X.
The G-Man :eek:

There all waiting for us!
And Roimhaire yeah that lid could be interpreted in a number of different ways. I'll explain in more detail after I get back from school. :E
I'll save you the time, Mr. Nuclear Cow.

We're trying to argue this from a scientific perspective. As it is the best perspective to use to debate such an issue, if we want to reach a correct conclusion. Now, I will grant you the notion that your 'evidence' is mysterious. I use inverted commas, as it's pretty poor, and not at all backed up by any sources, It's likely mostly here-say and derived from ill-informed sources, probably 'alien books' and the like. So pretty much from the word go, you've failed. You haven't provided any proof and so are guilty of the Burden of proof logical fallacy. Your argument is invalid.

However.
An even bigger flaw, is your interpretation of your 'evidence'. You have a series of events, statistic, stories ect. There are many explanations for these events. Your explanations are unfounded. You provide no evidence. Just, look at this, it must be Aliens. Why must it be aliens? Why can't it be ghosts? or fairies? or god? I'm sure many people would believe that it was one of those things. A scientist might look at it and think, hmm, that's interesting, they would examine it further, and whatever conclusion they would reach, would be backed up by evidence. Not just proving that the incident happened, but that with 95% likely hood that their explanation is the correct one. Sure you can proove a crop circle appeared, but proving an alien did it is a different thing all together. Try not to prove your evidence for the time-being. Try to prove that aliens did it. Something which will be very hard to do.

And can we get rid of that picture, it's annoying.

This is just in: aliens support Firefox.

060815_50691_SrlNZp.jpg

Because apparently beings advanced enough to travel thousands of lightyears have nothing better to do than tease us with petty drawings in our foodsupply. Makes sense.

are you always on? ready to do some annoying come back? maybe your an alien...

You gave an opinion based on a complete myth. Provide us zero facts for all your proof. And make outlandish claims. Provide some evidence. You've yet to post any. Got video evidence? Got evidence that what we're seeing is a UFO/Alien and not just anything else? Nope. You don't.

who in the hell gives a shit? its quite a good thread, its a bit of fun, no-one wants to hear your bullshit so just leave the thread and go to another. if all you do is bullshit about things you dont know on threads, how the hell is anyone else going to have a good conversation? you can belive what ever you want, as that is your opinion, so let piggie have his. so stop posting on this thread, and go on one of your mates threads. if you have any.

who in the hell gives a shit? its quite a good thread, its a bit of fun, no-one wants to hear your bullshit so just leave the thread and go to another. if all you do is bullshit about things you dont know on threads, how the hell is anyone else going to have a good conversation? you can belive what ever you want, as that is your opinion, so let piggie have his. so stop posting on this thread, and go on one of your mates threads. if you have any.
What? We're debating things, thats what I'm doing.

"You disagree with me so GTFO."

emo1mi1.gif

old enough. lets debate. you pick a subject in ufo's. maybe roswell was a fake. i think that it may have really happend but the chances are very slim. it would make a lot of sense if it was real, as it would have helped us create silicone chips....

Stfu manhack.

I'll save you the time, Mr. Nuclear Cow.

We're trying to argue this from a scientific perspective. As it is the best perspective to use to debate such an issue, if we want to reach a correct conclusion. Now, I will grant you the notion that your 'evidence' is mysterious. I use inverted commas, as it's pretty poor, and not at all backed up by any sources, It's likely mostly here-say and derived from ill-informed sources, probably 'alien books' and the like. So pretty much from the word go, you've failed. You haven't provided any proof and so are guilty of the Burden of proof logical fallacy. Your argument is invalid.

However.

An even bigger flaw, is your interpretation of your 'evidence'. You have a series of events, statistic, stories ect. There are many explanations for these events. Your explanations are unfounded. You provide no evidence. Just, look at this, it must be Aliens. Why must it be aliens? Why can't it be ghosts? or fairies? or god? I'm sure many people would believe that it was one of those things. A scientist might look at it and think, hmm, that's interesting, they would examine it further, and whatever conclusion they would reach, would be backed up by evidence. Not just proving that the incident happened, but that with 95% likely hood that their explanation is the correct one. Sure you can proove a crop circle appeared, but proving an alien did it is a different thing all together. Try not to prove your evidence for the time-being. Try to prove that aliens did it. Something which will be very hard to do.

And can we get rid of that picture, it's annoying.

Dude, I'll post my arguement soon, but I'm am busy, homework and stuff. I'll make a nice long post so we can argue proper.

:cheers:
I don't think its fair to use his rank on him. :p

old enough. lets debate. you pick a subject in ufo's. maybe roswell was a fake. i think that it may have really happend but the chances are very slim. it would make a lot of sense if it was real, as it would have helped us create silicone chips....
?
We're debating if aliens have visited us.

This is just in: aliens support Firefox.

060815_50691_SrlNZp.jpg

Because apparently beings advanced enough to travel thousands of lightyears have nothing better to do than tease us with petty drawings in our foodsupply. Makes sense.

:O this is the evidence that they use Firefox...
maybe they use Linux??:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

All you conspiracy nuts are gonna' get a kick out of this.
http://www.enterprisemission.com/ir_analysis.html

It's the site of a team that analyzed some of the pictures taken from Mars in the Cydonia region (the region where the "face" is). It's kind of a long read on the page
but the story made short is like this:

They took the photos immediately as they were posted on the official resource site(don't remember the name) and began to analyze them. Suffice to say that in the photos of the Cydonia region they found proof of an ancient martian city. After the analysis was complete they wanted to make public their astonishing findings but here comes the conspiracy part. One of their team members was working from another country and didn't manage to get the photos immediately like his colleagues did so he took them later from the same site and did the exact same analysis but didn't find the city there. The team compared the original photos to those taken from the site now and they came to the conclusion that the photos that were now on the resource site had been tampered with. So now they couldn't go public, because others would take the new photos from the same site to reproduce the analysis, but wouldn't find the martian city and the team would be publicly discredited.

All you conspiracy nuts are gonna' get a kick out of this.
http://www.enterprisemission.com/ir_analysis.html

It's the site of a team that analyzed some of the pictures taken from Mars in the Cydonia region (the region where the "face" is). It's kind of a long read on the page
but the story made short is like this:

They took the photos immediately as they were posted on the official resource site(don't remember the name) and began to analyze them. Suffice to say that in the photos of the Cydonia region they found proof of an ancient martian city. After the analysis was complete they wanted to make public their astonishing findings but here comes the conspiracy part. One of their team members was working from another country and didn't manage to get the photos immediately like his colleagues did so he took them later from the same site and did the exact same analysis but didn't find the city there. The team compared the original photos to those taken from the site now and they came to the conclusion that the photos that were now on the resource site had been tampered with. So now they couldn't go public, because others would take the new photos from the same site to reproduce the analysis, but wouldn't find the martian city and the team would be publicly discredited.

um. no.
it's obvious those random squares are artifacts caused by jpg compression that have been made more visible through altering brightness and contrast.

Everyone knows that the aliens from X-Com have their base at Cydonia.

-Angry Lawyer

Back