Do you like the new skin?

Do you like the new skin/theme

• No

Votes: 262 43.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 341 56.6%

• Total voters
Well I'll have to change my avatar to blend into this background instead of the old one, but other than that, I like it.

I'm really starting to like the blue skin a lot.

Maybe you can make it a darker set of blues though. I'm getting a sun tan from my computer right now. :D

ohhh classy :)

Though now i have to change my avatar to match....

Just the side bars and the light blue behind the thread (the color surrounding the post reply button) need to be darkened in the blue skin.

i like it but it needs more contrast, and get rid of the blue and replace it with something else like a dark gray.

overall its good but it could use some tweaking/

I love it, please keep it. The old one was choking on the color blue.

Not bad, although I do think that this colour scheme is getting a little too close to another Half-Life 2 website forum.

Maybe change the colours around a few times and show us for our thoughts. Seems that the poll is showing a pretty divided opinion on this skin.

Nice, clean look...I like. Width does seem a little on the thin side tho...

I love it! It's so sterile-looking o_O and the droid and those lone figures and the clean look and...whoa!

You keeps this!

I like the black text on light background, easier to read.

The massive empty top banner is a waste of real-estate, could lose that altogether and the page would work better. An idea would be to keep it on the homepage only and create a compact version for sub pages. I can knock you up one if you want, let me know.

Also the narrow width will force a lot of scrolling in threads with long posts, not a good plan there - you wouldn't lose anything by making the page 100% expanding and ditching the google ads.

Design is sharp and clean, even though my avatar won't work on the light background. Maybe change the avatar background colour back to what it was so people with colour specific avatars can continue using them and using the lighter beige in the Post Time bar above it..?

CR0M
Trust me I'm a web designer ;)

Huge amount of space wasted on left and right sides. If you want to see a decent amount of the article across the screen horizontally you need to have a really wide browser window...horrible, sorry.

yes I voted for, but Please remove it.

Yes munro its lovely. But the previous one was alot better

The Dark Elf said:
I think the forum now is wider than it used to be
interesting you say that, I can't help but feel like its thinner... maybe its an illusion by the space on either side of it or something.

It's wider for people that use 1280x960 or 1600x1200 (me) as their desktop resolution. It's slightly smaller at 1024x768.

avant blocks the ad for me anyway..

i like the way it is now.. easy on the eyes and i like the banner

OCybrManO said:
It's wider for people that use 1280x960 or 1600x1200 (me) as their desktop resolution. It's slightly smaller at 1024x768.
Ahh yep, thats right it is.. Cool :D

OCybrManO said:
well, I got the whole 1280 x 1024 deal going on.

CyberSh33p said:
well, I got the whole 1280 x 1024 deal going on.
You can tell its bigger, in the SW section for the all you need to know thread, the line below the logo (which needs its background changing some time) used to fit the width of the forum exactly, its now quite a ways too small.

I see this :)

how are you going to go about changing the bg now that we have a choice of blue or default? that really throws everything into utter chaos really. no, I'm not being overly dramatic.

CyberSh33p said:
I see this :)

how are you going to go about changing the bg now that we have a choice of blue or default? that really throws everything into utter chaos really. no, I'm not being overly dramatic.
Dunno, when I can catch Starmonkey I'll see if there's the option of using alpha mattes in images displayed on the forum. Otherwise I'll just make a generic background that fits both..

The Dark Elf said:
Dunno, when I can catch Starmonkey I'll see if there's the option of using alpha mattes in images displayed on the forum. Otherwise I'll just make a generic background that fits both..

You can use an alpha channel in the .PNG format, but sadly IE screws the transparency up. Moz, Opera and other support it fine. Only alternative that I know of is GIF's transparency, which is basically shit because it doesn't support any kind of partial transparency making for hard edged images (like the smileys).

Sadly, with the changing color themes, background colors are the way to go :|. That reminds me, I should change that in my avatar. Looks horrid on the blue theme.

theGreenBunny said:
You can use an alpha channel in the .PNG format, but sadly IE screws the transparency up. Moz, Opera and other support it fine. Only alternative that I know of is GIF's transparency, which is basically shit because it doesn't support any kind of partial transparency making for hard edged images (like the smileys).

Sadly, with the changing color themes, background colors are the way to go :|. That reminds me, I should change that in my avatar. Looks horrid on the blue theme.
My avatar looks ok again on this scheme :D

and yeah, gif's not an option, png isn't either. It ain't fair.. oh well :)

I was actually getting queasy from the tannish one. The blue is bearable, I guess. Avatars will seem chaotic with choosable skins and no default transparency. I think the ads should go across the top, so they'd be seen but not cause the scrunching sidebars...

I'd really prefer it like before. The banner is ok, if not a bit barren. Wouldn't mind seeing the banner from around last year, with Gordon and Alyx...

Sprafa said:
Just vote.
Yes, but im going to miss old timesm with the blueish skin! =(
And i want the spoiler tags to....
to not be black
i want them white like the background, black just is like messed.

spoiler tags indeed, and I would be quite happy just going back to the old. The new gray columns are annoying and distracting. Maybe a darker color.

What's the colour for invisible text now?

None seems to work properly.

See attached pic:

a = 160 pixels
b = 160 pixels
c = 518 pixels

Useful space = 518 (62%)
Useless space = 320 (38%)

For a thread view I don't think those percentages are very nice.

This skin is lightyears ahead of the old one. There should be different colour variants to choose from tho'.

Back