Do you keep your ketchup in the fridge?

• Yes

Votes: 90 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 15.1%

• Total voters

DreamThrall

Reaction score
As far as I know, the bottles don't actually say "Refridgerate after opening" or anything like that... but I've always kept my ketchup in the fridge.

Yes, that's where it lives. I don't like people who keep ketchup/pickled onions/beetroot in cupboards

I only put it in the fridge if its opened but if its not opened it stays in the cupboard

Ketchup is the devils tool. Mustard is for losers. Mayonaise makes you sterile. Commando is the way to go!

I keep the open bottle in the fridge, and the unopened supplies in the cupboard. Warm ketchup is wrong.

lePobz said:
I keep the open bottle in the fridge, and the unopened supplies in the cupboard. Warm ketchup is wrong.

That is my feeling exactly... my wife doesn't seem to agree.

:D I keep mines in my refrigerator as well, sometimes when it's real old ketchup... water starts to build up.

I just keep mine in the cupboard, your cupboards should not be warm.

warm ketchup tastes better to me. Ketchup always tastes better at restaraunts - where it's warm at the table. But I always refriderate it at home anyway.

everything like that must be served cold, ketchup, mayonaise, salad cream and most importantly baked beans, all ice cold.

I keep Tomato Sauce in the fridge but Brown Sauce in the cupboard.

I keep mine in the cupboard, always. Everything else, like mayo, mustard, relish, pickles (none of which I ever use) stays in the fridge.
Innervision961 said:
Ketchup is the devils tool. Mustard is for losers. Mayonaise makes you sterile. Commando is the way to go!
*nods*

I don't really care what the temperature of it is, but I keep it in the fridge.

i use apple cider vinegar and olive oil for my salads, either that or LOTS of squeezed lemon, especially good over shepherd salad(turkish style, of course... perfect for dipping bread also)...

on topic: isn't it fun how catsup never seems to get used, unless on person uses that before ketchup?

I was talking to someone about this today, infact this thread inspired me to enter it into the conversation... She said that her father had just had a go at her for not putting the ketchup in the fridge, as outside the fridge the molecules will react and it'll explode or something... anyway, you should eat it within 8 weeks and keep it refrigerated. It's on the label.

In the fridge, right next to my butter and dismembered corpses.

I think you have to put Mayo in the fridge once it's opened don't you?

Anyhow, I've been eating warm ketchup all my life so I'm used to it. It never occured to me to put it in the fridge, after all it's almost always hot food the ketchup ends up on. What is cool is putting kit-kats in the freezer*. Try it.

*do not attempt to put kit-kat chunkies in the freezer - unless you want to loose your teeth trying to eat them.

Of course ketchup goes in the fridge, with the mayo, mustard, and all the other things that nobody likes hot... like .. uhm ... something cold .. damn!

I'm going to have to give this ketchup/fridge thing a go. I'll let you know how it all pans out.

GIS for Ketchup + Fridge:
Stamp_Image_Ketchup_Boy.jpg

I have no idea...

Dude it's written on the bottle! Now I always put my ketchup on the fridge since I read that.

I'm coming on to myself!!! OMG!!!! STOP IT!!!! NO< YES!!!!! YES!!! YES!!!!

i live in pittsburgh, the home of heinz ketchup. we here in pittsburgh are a simple people; we like our steak rare, our beer plentyful, and our ketchup cold.

Back