• Total voters
lol
the yes option is wining

sure all they hav smoked it

Raziaar said:
This isn't a contest.
I know but still I consider funny the results

IMO drugs are not ok

cuz they are illegal for a reazon right?

<RJMC> said:

IMO drugs are not ok

Well, the results are from computer gamers, so not in the least surprising :cheese:

Well I can see that the stoners are taking over this poll. But that is why this poll was created, to get an idea of how many HL junkies smoke pot. Now we kinda have any idea, I wish there was a way to have every member of the forum vote in this poll but o well. Love it or hate it, it seems that a large majority of people on this forum think it is ok to smoke pot. Hey- at least we can all agree on one thing: that HL2 F*CKING RULES!!

<RJMC> said:

IMO drugs are not ok

Theyre illegal for many reasons. If youd like to find out what they are, google + "harry j anslinger" might be a good start.

Hercules331 said:
But that is why this poll was created, to get an idea of how many HL junkies smoke pot.
ummm maybe "do you smoke pot" might have been a better question then.

^^^ Fine whatever, now we have an idea of how many HL ppl condone pot.

I can't be bothered to read through 9 pages of discussion so my two cents:

Weed is OK. Hasjish is even better. It doesn't make you as paranoid as weed does.

Weed is dangerous don’t take any.
1:One puff can unlock schizophrenia and or trigger other mental problems including server depression, and not one person who smokes it isn’t severely paranoid.
2:If you need help with depression and lows go and see your doctor, the drugs they give you try to level you out so your not rollercoastering like you would self medicating on weed.
3:It can kill your budget, make you poor and stupid. Like they say it can leed to jail time and all sorts just because you wanted to experiment or you wanted to fit in with other people.
4:Its not harmless its very bad for your brain, and don’t be proud if you don’t smoke weed but you do binge drink alcohol. Leaving your brain and your heart unguarded in any way is dangerous and foolish, sure bad things happen in this life, but to show respect for the gift we have we should try to look after what we have.
5:Life is precious, yours and everyone else’s.
6:I say all this because of a friend of mine, his brother got into weed and killed a girl while under the influence, he doesn’t remember a thing of it and has been in jail for a long time, he now has paranoid schizophrenia. All of this could have been avoided if he stayed away from weed.

Alcohol in moderation, weed never.

;)

Small_Sumo said:
1:One puff can unlock schizophrenia and or trigger other mental problems including server depression, and not one person who smokes it isn’t severely paranoid.
2:If you need help with depression and lows go and see your doctor, the drugs they give you try to level you out so your not rollercoastering like you would self medicating on weed.
3:It can kill your budget, make you poor and stupid. Like they say it can leed to jail time and all sorts just because you wanted to experiment or you wanted to fit in with other people.
4:Its not harmless its very bad for your brain, and don’t be proud if you don’t smoke weed but you do binge drink alcohol. Leaving your brain and your heart unguarded in any way is dangerous and foolish, sure bad things happen in this life, but to show respect for the gift we have we should try to look after what we have.
6:I say all this because of a friend of mine, his brother got into weed and killed a girl while under the influence, he doesn’t remember a thing of it and has been in jail for a long time, he now has paranoid schizophrenia. All of this could have been avoided if he stayed away from weed.

;)

That's contradictory to several major studies but OK.

the "unlocking" of schizophrenia?

I have never seen anyone become violent while blazed, his weed must have been laced with something. Or he is full of it.

Small_Sumo said:

;)

That sounds like the quack science they used in the 30's to scare people.

Ever see "Reefer Madness?"

DoctorGordon said:
4. (A.) Why go to a rave when you can go to a tango?.

Uhmmm because a rave is more fun? Unless it's the tango of 2 of course :naughty:

Nah I'm serious I am 36 years old, I did highskool with hippys kids (kids from nimbin northen nsw) dropped out and surfed for 6 or 8 years after my dads farm went broke. I worked with contractors (lotta ex cons) in mines in wa. Ive seen what it does and I am old enough to not be effected by peer pressure as well (I add this because I know a lot of you guys are teens). So my advice is, if your considering weed then dont do it, if you already smoke then ........... whatever.

I must admit I rant like an old man lol

;)

Small_Sumo said:
To address sumo's ridiculous points

1) If it 'unlocks' schiztophrenia/depression, then these ailements were present beforehand. Making a blanket statement like 'everyone who smokes is paranoid' is competely false. Most mature pot smokers are not paranoid at all.

2) Yes, pot is not the best way to 'self medicate'. But that doesnt mean its not a valid recreational.

3) Many hobbies or habbits can kill the buget.

4) I have already cited a medical study that showed quite clearly that it is not at all harmfull to the brain. End of story.

5) Yes, life is precious,. so dont be afraid to live it.

6) Just because someone had a bad experience does not mean its wrong for everybody. People have died from eating peanuts, but that doesn't mean I shouldnt eat them.

Alchohol can people into monsters. I have never seen weed turn anyone into a monster. And alchohol kills brain cells. THC does not.

So ok Fluke those are good arguments, are you recomending people to try weed if they havent, or are you defending your own weed smokeing?

Small_Sumo said:
So ok Fluke those are good arguments, are you recomending people to try weed if they havent, or are you defending your own weed smokeing?
I'd never reccomend to anyone to try weed.

Truth is, it can be a catalyst in failure in life. It can lead to apathy. I have seen it, and I would not want to be responsable for that happening to someone else. I would even go as far to say that it has been a somewhat destructive force in my own life.

On the otherhand, I have seen people use it in a completely recreational fasion, while leading full and productive lives. I know that as much pot as I have smoked, I still have a good mental acuity. And now that I have quit, I feel as good as ever.

What I object to is people who imply that smoking pot is nessisarily foolish, weak, or to be looked down upon. Some users may be self destructive, but some are not, and everyone must be judged on a case-by-case basis. Pot can be harmfull, but it is not nessiarily so.

So between the two of us we would say to a young guy or girl considering weed to not do it? or at least to think it over carefully discussing it with people he or she respects. Perhaps even putting it off until your an adult.

And don't make fun of someone because they smoke or don't smoke its a personal choice.

Would you aggree?

These are just opinions I guess, mine no better than the next man.

Small_Sumo said:
So between the two of us we would say to a young guy or girl considering weed to not do it? or at least to think it over carefully discussing it with people he or she respects. Perhaps even putting it off until your an adult.

And don't make fun of someone because they smoke or don't smoke its a personal choice.

Would you aggree?

These are just opinions I guess, mine no better than the next man.
Yes, I would agree. :cheers:
I would reccomend for children to wait until they are older (say, 18) and to think about it then. I would also do my best to be truthfull about the dangers, but matters of willpower do not seem so dangerous until you face them yourself, and carcinogens are only a threat after many years of use, something you hardly think about when you first light up.

As for making fun, I would say do not disrespect, as DoctorGordon did earlier in this thread. And not to judge a man by his use of pot, but instead by his responsability (which may be related, but is the important factor in measuring a man).

Small_Sumo said:
Nah I'm serious I am 36 years old, I did highskool with hippys kids (kids from nimbin northen nsw) dropped out and surfed for 6 or 8 years after my dads farm went broke. I worked with contractors (lotta ex cons) in mines in wa. Ive seen what it does and I am old enough to not be effected by peer pressure as well (I add this because I know a lot of you guys are teens). So my advice is, if your considering weed then dont do it, if you already smoke then ........... whatever.

I must admit I rant like an old man lol

;)

out of curiousity, do you blame pot for the things you described above?

Fluke :thumbs:

..... and erm my description is to say I have been around a lot of drug users for a long time and that I havent had a sheltered life. I guess I am trying to give my word some cred is all.

Furthermore, I have had good friends who swear by weed. I see past the smokeing to the person I like. Though I didnt hang with them when they smoked.

I suggest you all watch the documentary Grass. Narrated By Woody Harelson. Maybe not the best documentary, but shows the government spouting shyte like they still do. Just more unbelievable shyte.

meh i was smoking pot when i was 14 and ppl in my school started younger than that, but due to the lack of sources i hadly ever smoke it,

I counted smoking pot as just someting to do i can even say that i felt liek it wasnt illegal, tho i know it is but it just doesnt feel like it should be

Joims said:
meh i was smoking pot when i was 14 and ppl in my school started younger than that, but due to the lack of sources i hadly ever smoke it,

I counted smoking pot as just someting to do i can even say that i felt liek it wasnt illegal, tho i know it is but it just doesnt feel like it should be

Some people drink gasoline for the very same reasons. Something to do. I just can't understand it. Hmm

Raziaar said:
Some people drink gasoline for the very same reasons. Something to do. I just can't understand it. Hmm

Please don't tell me you're comparing drinking gasoline to smoking pot.

Absinthe said:
Please don't tell me you're comparing drinking gasoline to smoking pot.

Nope, i'm just saying I find them both silly things to do simply for the sake of 'something to do'.

Here's my ideal view of marijuana usage regarding the law. Note, it accounts for the law already in place in alaska... not possibly the changes to it. I do believe people should be able to use the drug in their home, as long as it doesn't come into the public eye, and when it does... I don't think the crime should be all that punishing, unless one continues to break the law.

The United States of America

In Alaska it is not against the law to possess marijuana in the privacy of one’s residence, but it is still illegal to possession marijuana anywhere else in the State. However, Alaska appears to be moving towards overturning decriminalization. In Alaska, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska and Oregon, possession of small amounts of marijuana is treated as a "civil violation" rather than a crime, much like minor traffic offences. In California, New York and North Carolina, possession of small amounts is deemed a misdemeanour; in Ohio it is a "minor misdemeanour" and in Colorado it is a "petty offence".

I wish to refer to two American decisions. Ravin v. State of Alaska, 537 Pacific Reporter, 2d series 494, to which I was referred by the applicants, does not assist them. The Alaska court held that possession of marijuana by adults at home for personal use is constitutionally protected. The court based its ruling on a new provision of the state constitution that explicitly guarantees a right of privacy. Without that constitutional provision, no such right would exist.

The respondent referred me to the decision of NORML v. Griffin Bell et aI., 488 F. Supp. 123 (1980), a decision of the United States District Court of the District of Columbia. This case stands essentially for the proposition that the prohibition of the private possession and use of marijuana does not violate the constitutional right of privacy in one’s home, since smoking marijuana does not qualify as a fundamental right. Reference may also be had to NORML v. Gain et al, 161 Cal. Rpt. 181 (1979).

Thus, it can be seen that nowhere in the United States has the simple possession of marijuana been legalized, although, as noted above, in many of the states the consequences of simple possession have been eased to a greater or lesser extent.

Raziaar said:
Here's my ideal view of marijuana usage regarding the law. Note, it accounts for the law already in place in alaska... not possibly the changes to it. I do believe people should be able to use the drug in their home, as long as it doesn't come into the public eye, and when it does... I don't think the crime should be all that punishing, unless one continues to break the law.

In santa cruz county (here in CA) you're allowed to grow 3 plants for personal use.

Just because its ok with the county doesnt make it legal. The DEA can still swoop in and bust your ass if they want to.

Actually in all of California you're allowed a few plants if it has been prescribed medically by a doctor. And if you try hard enough you can find a doctor to prescribe it.

There are also pot dispensaries where medical patients can go to buy it, where they have a wide assortment of varietys, as well as hash and other products. This is where a friend of mine buys most of his weed. Still, it is not federally legal, and several of the dispensaries have been "busted" by the feds, but for some reason they have allowed one in Oakland to stay.

If a cop catches a medical user, its really up to the cop whether to bust them or not.

DoctorGordon, I do hope you saw my post on the Canadian medical study. It contradicts much of what you perceive about the drug.

johnnypoopoopant said:
weed is bad, it ruined my friend's life
Damn inanimate objects going and screwin stuff up for ppl :rolling:

Ikerous said:
Damn inanimate objects going and screwin stuff up for ppl :rolling:
Exactly..

Rope is bad because a girl I knew hung herself. (not making that up, either)

Weed did not ruin his life, he did. Weed was just a tool he used.

Blanket statements like that are rarely true. Weed can be bad, but it is not nessisarily so.

I think weed is ok if under controlled enviroments and is not used on a very frequent basis.

I probably worded that wrong.

Never done it before. Never will either. I know people who do and it doesn't make them bad people. I just prefer not to. :)

f|uke said:
Exactly..

Rope is bad because a girl I knew hung herself. (not making that up, either)

Weed did not ruin his life, he did. Weed was just a tool he used.

Blanket statements like that are rarely true. Weed can be bad, but it is not nessisarily so.

true, but i still hate weed

Joims said:
Man Made Beer, God made Weed, Who do you trust :eek:

"weed" and "skunk" are just dried non fertilised femail marijuana plant flowers

not leaves

The drying is either done by hanging the " Buds" upside down with sum paper underneath if nething falls or in v hot room or some kind of drier

Not really any unnatural processing on the other hand Dont touch hash with a barge pole cos that stuff is rather dodgy

You can use a screen box to make a nice personal supply of powder hash. For those unfamiliar with them, it's a box with a screen and a removable tray underneath. You use the screen to break up your buds (a very fast and effective method, btw) and collect the fallen trichromes. Clean and potent...

burner69 said:
Care to back up your claim that weed is a gateway drug then?

Or do you mind if I make passing comments about weed without backing them up?

Weed makes your penis grow.

Cannabis makes you pull more girls.

Not smoking cannabis is linked to death, rape, and murder.

Haha nice, I think i found a new sig :D

Back