Does drugs make you "cool"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody once posted a picture of a man who was under the influence of Angle dust and ripped off his face and fed it to his dog. I could not sleep on that day.
I could never do drugs.

Prince of China said:
Somebody once posted a picture of a man who was under the influence of Angle dust and ripped off his face and fed it to his dog. I could not sleep on that day.
I could never do drugs.
Yes, PCP makes you crazy.

Prince of China said:
I could never do drugs.

FLuke told me once that it was him. :p

Reaktor4 said:
That just isnt possible, the ld50 of mdma is far too high. Show me an example where the death wasnt caused by water overdose, dehydration, contamination (ie, by prohibition or no safety education) or allergic reaction.

Whether it was an allergic reaction, or whatever, they still die from the Extasy. If you drink lots of water, you won't die, unless you have taken Extasy, you can't have an allergic reation to Extasy if you don't take Extasy...

Razor said:
Whether it was an allergic reaction, or whatever, they still die from the Extasy.
The chances of that are extremely small, and can happen with anything you consume so that doesnt help your argument one bit.
If you drink lots of water, you won't die, unless you have taken Extasy
Wtf? Drinking too much water dilutes your blood, brings your salt levels dangerously low and swells your brain, amongst other things. Ecstasy has absolutely **** all to do with it, apart from the fact that governments refuse to allow proper education that would teach people how much water theyre supposed to drink, resulting in people like leah betts relying on the little tidbits of inaccurate info they hear like "your supposed to drink water when on e" (when isnt true unless your dancing, and even then its only about a pint an hour; she drank 7 litres in 1.5 hours iirc) and killing themselves.
you can't have an allergic reation to Extasy if you don't take Extasy...
No shit. Go find some examples of that happening.

Prince of China said:
I could never do drugs.
It can be a pretty ****ed up drug.
Ive heard about that before (on snopes i think) and apparently its unknown if its true or not, although i imagine it wasnt true since the media would have went absolutely crazy over it and there would be no question whether its true or not. Plus there are tons of scare stories like that and ~10/10 theyre not true.

wasn't the picture Prince of China is referring to from hannibal (silence of the lambs sequel)?

Reaktor4 said:
The chances of that are extremely small, and can happen with anything you consume so that doesnt help your argument one bit.

Wtf? Drinking too much water dilutes your blood, brings your salt levels dangerously low and swells your brain, amongst other things. Ecstasy has absolutely **** all to do with it, apart from the fact that governments refuse to allow proper education that would teach people how much water theyre supposed to drink, resulting in people like leah betts relying on the little tidbits of inaccurate info they hear like "your supposed to drink water when on e" (when isnt true unless your dancing, and even then its only about a pint an hour; she drank 7 litres in 1.5 hours iirc) and killing themselves.

No shit. Go find some examples of that happening.

Leah Bates died because she took Ectasy, i will get the spelling right one day, the Ectasy caused her to drink lots of water, thus killing her. If she hadn't taken Ectasy, she most probably would still be with her family now.

I smoked shit with my friends till last year when my dad found out
He told me he did the same thing when he was 16[now im 17]
but when he noticed that it only brings problems he joined the army
got stationed in Germany and met my mum....all his friends enden up like
as bums and loosers my dad on the other hand.....so I said to myself
**** that shit im quittin so since last year the only drug was a cigarette
on a party im proud of it NO drugs dont make u cool

It's nice to see all the pharmacists and chemists on this threads have their information straight.
:rolleyes:
I always see a lot of people making up their own evidence or listening to one scientific study and ignoring another, because the other scientists were obviously "evil", this applies to those people from both sides of the debate. I'm not going into details (for one I'm not particularly interested to do so).

Also, since this discussion is open to all "drugs", what are your opinions on date rape drugs?

Or penicillin. Or Glue solvents. Are they cool?

Let's broaden the discussion a bit. Cannibis debates are boring.

kirovman said:
It's nice to see all the pharmacists and chemists on this threads have their information straight.
I always see a lot of people making up their own evidence or listening to one scientific study and ignoring another, because the other scientists were obviously "evil", this applies to those people from both sides of the debate. I'm not going into details (for one I'm not particularly interested to do so).

Also, since this discussion is open to all "drugs", what are your opinions on date rape drugs?

Or penicillin. Or Glue solvents. Are they cool?

Let's broaden the discussion a bit. Cannibis debates are boring.

Date rape drugs are wrong. Clearly this should be adopted by many, as they are often used for exactly the slang people call them... rape.

Penicillin is a life saving medicine that isn't equaled or surpassed by other medicines to cure the debilitating conditions that it cures, unlike marijuana.

Glue solvents, when sniffed, is simply stupid. There were two kids where I lived up in alaska who sniffed the stuff (I mean seriously sniffed, as in put it in their nose and inhaled deeply) once and died. :-/

Definately not cool.

Neither is sniffing gasoline fumes to get high, or drinking gasoline for the same effects.

This is a thread about marijuana. If you want to get off topic, make another thread, don't jack this one. I don't do or support any other drugs, except psilocybin mushrooms.

Ennui said:
This is a thread about marijuana. If you want to get off topic, make another thread, don't jack this one. I don't do or support any other drugs, except psilocybin mushrooms.

It is actually technically a thread about drugs in general, according to the topic name.

Raziaar said:
It is actually technically a thread about drugs in general, according to the topic name.
>.< thought this was the "Do you think weed is okay?" thread.

Ennui said:
>.< thought this was the "Do you think weed is okay?" thread.

It's a does drugs make you "cool" thread. :LOL:

Kirovman, is that avatar from Red Alert 2?

[slow, gnarly russian accent] 'Kirov Reporting' [/slow, gnarly russian accent]

jondyfun said:
Kirovman, is that avatar from Red Alert 2?

[slow, gnarly russian accent] 'Kirov Reporting' [/slow, gnarly russian accent]

Yep, it sure is.

"Helium Mix Optimal"

Razor said:
Leah Bates died because she took Ectasy, i will get the spelling right one day, the Ectasy caused her to drink lots of water, thus killing her. If she hadn't taken Ectasy, she most probably would still be with her family now.
Please stop talking bollocks. The drug did not make her drink that amount of water, lack of education did.

Idiots

Reaktor4 said:
Are you saying they cant? http://www.slatts.fsworld.co.uk/famous.htm
Nah, guess you were saying something completely different......
If i ever have kids i will certainly educate them about the real effects of drugs. And i would much rather they toked than got drunk.
dude #1 how did they aquire the info on all those people and #2 why the hell do it? no point to it besides the brief Fake pleasure you Gain from the chemicles in it latching onto your brains pleasure nerves i DO agree smoking pot is better then drinking but i DONT agree that they should do instead...at the rate of consumption tayht people drink Alchohal if they wqere to consume "weed" instead they would surely die....dont get me wrong im completel;y clean no alchohal or illegal substance in me...and OMG guess what im probably happier then all you potheads because i dont rely on weed to get my kicks i use Roller coatsers and sky diving try it some time quite fun i hate idiots who are so lazy they need to rely on a substances like that for non medicle or spiritual(Ancient times for proficies) reasons you guys disgust me go play HL2....or CS:S and stop claiming you do drugs you preteen idiots noone on this forum does "Weed" they just think it makes em cool so they say they do it then when someone calls em out the say no and dig themselves further into a hole then to get out they have no choiuce but to actually start ****ing ratards

kirovman said:
I am a pharmacy major :p, but it doesnt really count as i am still in the basics. just kind of wanted to throw that in here... DEBATE!!!

I am not going to address how horribly wrong the whole "chemicals attaching to pleasure nerves" is.
Oh and moonwolf I really do smoke weed,
/me snaps pencil in two
You wanna mess with this?

Moon Wolf said:
(miscelanious ramblings)
:|

:LOL:

Yah man, you sound really happy.
So, how'd you get to be so bitter?

And, for the record, I have used drugs for spiritual reasons. So you're cool with that, right?

f|uke said:
:|

:LOL:

Yah man, you sound really happy.
So, how'd you get to be so bitter?

And, for the record, I have used drugs for spiritual reasons. So you're cool with that, right?

Spiritual reasons? I know native American's use it for spiritual reasons, are you a native American Fluke ;). I am only joking before i am set up on :(.

"You must smoke peace pipe, and you must do it peacefully, or we'll kill you." --- Futurama Native Martian Leader

Hehehehe.

Moon Wolf said:
dude #1 how did they aquire the info on all those people and
The sources are all there. Maybe you should try clicking their names.
#2 why the hell do it?
Same reason anybody does anything thats fun.
no point to it besides the brief Fake pleasure you Gain from the chemicles in it latching onto your brains pleasure nerves i DO agree smoking pot is better then drinking but i DONT agree that they should do instead...at the rate of consumption tayht people drink Alchohal if they wqere to consume "weed" instead they would surely die....dont get me wrong im completel;y clean no alchohal or illegal substance in me...and OMG guess what im probably happier then all you potheads because i dont rely on weed to get my kicks i use Roller coatsers and sky diving try it some time quite fun i hate idiots who are so lazy they need to rely on a substances like that for non medicle or spiritual(Ancient times for proficies) reasons you guys disgust me go play HL2....or CS:S and stop claiming you do drugs you preteen idiots noone on this forum does "Weed" they just think it makes em cool so they say they do it then when someone calls em out the say no and dig themselves further into a hole then to get out they have no choiuce but to actually start ****ing ratards
What the **** are you on?

Just to answer the original question:

Doing drugs can make you "cool" depending on who you are trying to look "cool" too. There are a surprisingly high number of pot-heads out there that will have a great deal of respect for you if you have done their drug before. Generally when it comes to the average youth these days doing marijuana will bring you either respect or people will remain neutral toward you most of the time. Harder drugs however will generally be looked down upon.

This is from my own personal experience.

Moon Wolf said:
why the hell do it? no point to it besides the brief Fake pleasure you Gain from the chemicles in it latching onto your brains pleasure nerves

Erm, how exactly do you get happy normally? It's called chemicals. Is that a "fake" feeling, because believe me, when I've been on some drugs the feelings of pleasure I've had have been a damn sight more vivid that normal.

Moon Wolf said:
#2 why the hell do it? no point to it besides the brief Fake pleasure you Gain from the chemicles in it latching onto your brains pleasure nerves

Sounds like sex.

Kommie said:
I am a pharmacy major :p, but it doesnt really count as i am still in the basics. just kind of wanted to throw that in here... DEBATE!!!

I am not going to address how horribly wrong the whole "chemicals attaching to pleasure nerves" is.
Oh and moonwolf I really do smoke weed,
/me snaps pencil in two
You wanna mess with this?

Really?

My friend is just finishing up a pharmacy degree, and I seem to remember he had to do some test or declare he was free from addictions (exlcuding nicotine) or something like it when he started the course. That's in the UK though, and you need to sign a lot of agreements to be accredited by the Royal Institute of Pharmacy, eg if someone needs medical attention, you must use your skills to help them.

kirovman said:
Really?

My friend is just finishing up a pharmacy degree, and I seem to remember he had to do some test or declare he was free from addictions (exlcuding nicotine) or something like it when he started the course. That's in the UK though, and you need to sign a lot of agreements to be accredited by the Royal Institute of Pharmacy, eg if someone needs medical attention, you must use your skills to help them.

Yes
Its like that here in america too. But since I am in the basics still and they expect to lose like 95% of the students in the basics. I plan on quitting before I get to the advanced courses. This is because they feel (and justly so) that someone like that may get drugs for themselves or sell them to people.

Kommie said:
I plan on quitting before I get to the advanced courses.
I dont know if you'll get tested or not, but remember, it takes 25-45 days to pass a urine test, and 90 days to pass a hair test. (you probably knew that).

And for those not in the know, those numbers are only for THC, which takes a long time because its fat soluble.

If you want to flush THC out of your system, I've been told several times that drinking copius amounts of cranberry juice will drain yoru bodies THC levels low enough to pass drugs tests.

I've never tried it, or heard first hand from someone who did it though.

burner69 said:
If you want to flush THC out of your system, I've been told several times that drinking copius amounts of cranberry juice will drain yoru bodies THC levels low enough to pass drugs tests.

I've never tried it, or heard first hand from someone who did it though.
Not true. I asked that very question recently in the marijuana.com drug testing forums.
http://www.marijuana.com/420/forumdisplay.php?f=24

There is a method, however, called 'dillution', where you drink a lot of fluids before a test to dillute levels enough to pass a test.

Cheers for that!
Nice site by the way, sure you'll be seeing me on there now (amotivatedraver)

We have been through this many times before....

But one thing I just have to say: ALCHOHOL IS NOT WORSE THEN WEED.

Get that through your heads you damn smot pokers. There have been numerous studies saying that Alchohol taken in moderation is actually good for you!. Whereas no amount of Marijuana is good for you.

I'm not going through the internet to find all the studies I found last time so stop being lazy and search for yourself.

Short answer... no....

Long answer... yes...

And yes, I only read the title. :thumbs:

Swift said:
We have been through this many times before....

But one thing I just have to say: ALCHOHOL IS NOT WORSE THEN WEED.

Get that through your heads you damn smot pokers. There have been numerous studies saying that Alchohol taken in moderation is actually good for you!. Whereas no amount of Marijuana is good for you.

I'm not going through the internet to find all the studies I found last time so stop being lazy and search for yourself.

Ha!
Nice one.
A lot of "us damn pot smokers" have done a lot of research on the topic.

Alcohol and cannabis
HEALTH officials in Geneva have suppressed the publication of a politically sensitive analysis that confirms what ageing hippies have known for decades: cannabis is safer than alcohol or tobacco.
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=mg15721220.200

Road Safety
Compared to alcohol, which makers people take more risks on the road, marijuana made drivers slow down and drive more carefully.... Cannabis is good for driving skills, as people tend to overcompensate for a perceived impairment."
-Professor Olaf Drummer (forensic scientist at the Royal College of Surgeons in Melbourne in 1996)

Violence
In the United States, alcohol has been involved in one third of all suicides, one half of all murders, one half of all traffic fatalities.
(Seventh Annual Report to the U.S. Congress on Alcohol and Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, January 1990, p. ix.)

Here is the total amount of crime done by drug users.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/dcf/duc.htm

Deaths
Alcohol
the report claims the real number of all deaths connected with alcohol misuse is closer to 33,000.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/743878.stm
Cannabis
"In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough cannabis to induce death."
The DEA

Care to argue any of my points?

Oh yes, and there's a million and one things cannabis is good for, only one of them is getting high. Or are you not aware of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back