Does God Exist?

We're a figment of God's imagination. To his friends, we don't exist.

I will try to be a good God, and a merciful God. Betray me, and you will feel the wrath of God.

I'm on the fence with this one. but the idea of god freaks me out. I don't want to have a being always watching what I do. You can't trust god to look away during your private moments.

Hey Korebolter, long time no see indeed. :D

I don't really feel like contributing a whole great deal to this thread... particularly because I'm really tired and about to go to bed(yes, at noontime).

The existence or non existence of god cannot be proven or disproved, and as such it's left completely up to the individual to choose what they believe. I come from a very religious background... where I was quite the fundamentalist. These days though, I have abandoned my faith and taken a more secular approach to life because I no longer believe that god exists. It's all left me a little jaded and bitter too, especially from all the stuff I've seen and continue to see from religious people that reminded me of how I once was.

Heya guys, nice to see alot of you still here! :D

And Raziaar I believe the same as you said above. Couldnt have said it better myself LOL.

Ive just been busy, cant remember the last time I was on here, and Im based in the Rhondda Valley, I pass Glamogan University everyday on my way to work. :)

Wheres the evidence that God doesn't exist?

In contrast, nobody should have to provide evidence of a 'being' that doesnt exist. It just could not happen. Its like me saying. Wheres the proof that pink fluffy Unicorns made out of candy floss doesn't exist?

As God has never been proven before, it should be the people who have faith in him to prove to us skeptics that he is real. Nobody has done yet, and its been Thousands of years. Therefore its blatent nobody has any proof. Theyre just basing it off ancient books written by nutty guys a few thousand years ago...

:rolleyes:

long time no see.

But this thread is pointless. God doesnt exist, /thread

I've got a question I will throw out there:

The definition of "god" is so subjective, it doesn't necessarily mean a deity that has created the universe, or man kind; there are deities in mythologies who did no such thing.
It also doesn't even suggest that god has to be a single living being; there are religions that believe god is in every object.

So technically, couldn't you assign "god" to anything? Couldn't you then assign "god" to something more god-like while remaining almost 100% provable? Such as money or communication?
-Surely two things that dictate our life far greater than any supernatural superstitions?

I agree, Money and Communication are far greater. You know each to their own and people can believe in what they want, but I just feel that they should be skeptics like a lot of us, keep an open mind, like me.

Im not ruling OUT that there is some sort of God out there because as you know none of us know that answer. I suppose I would only go to a place to prayer and worship something I knew was 100% real.

Hey Rav. Ive said what Ive wanted to say now hehe :D.

If you look in the mirror and say "Yahweh" three times, a rabbi appears and cuts off your penis.

Yeah well, if you're going to use this argument you also can't prove that God doesn't exist.

You also can't prove that Nipples doesn't have pedophiliac thoughts every once in a while so it must be true.

Shiit I forgot to do this

inb4 10 pages

Yeah well, if you're going to use this argument you also can't prove that God doesn't exist.

In contrast, nobody should have to provide evidence of a 'being' that doesnt exist. It just could not happen. Its like me saying. Wheres the proof that pink fluffy Unicorns made out of candy floss doesn't exist?

As God has never been proven before, it should be the people who have faith in him to prove to us skeptics that he is real. Nobody has done yet, and its been Thousands of years. Therefore its blatent nobody has any proof. Theyre just basing it off ancient books written by nutty guys a few thousand years ago...

:rolleyes:

as i said earlier

:D

If you take the Bible as a moral guide of right and wrong, it works.

If you take it as a literal definition of the origin of everything and the universe then it is extremely flawed.

No, no it doesn't.

okay let me abridge that then

If you take the Bible as a guide to modern capitalist values it does not work.

If you take the Bible as a guide to how ancient people thought and acted, and how a couple of dudearooskis thought would make everything better, then it works as a reference.

I assume that things exist which we have no evidence of, yet until I see evidence of the existence of anything, I must assume it does not exist.

lol im liek soooo deep and intellect

Nobody can answer that question either way for sure. I believe god does exist. Laugh away.

:)

Nobody can answer that question either way for sure. I believe god does exist. Laugh away.

:)
I don't find anything wrong with believing in God or a god, or being spiritual.

I actually have a problem understanding why you must go to a building and donate money to some old dude who touches little boys every week, aren't 'allowed' to do any work, so you might as well go right?

If you tell him all of the bad things you've done he makes it all better so you can still get in the gates of heaven.... some place with infinite candy and clouds and beauty and you can fly... everything man always dreamed.

YOU BELIEVE THIS SHIT YOU A SUCKA

I actually have a problem understanding why you must go to a building and donate money to some old dude who touches little boys every week, aren't 'allowed' to do any work, so you might as well go right?

If you tell him all of the bad things you've done he makes it all better so you can still get in the gates of heaven.... some place with infinite candy and clouds and beauty and you can fly... everything man always dreamed.

YOU BELIEVE THIS SHIT YOU A SUCKA

That i don't believe. I'm not a Catholic, so i don't see touchy feely old dudes as you put it. The kind of church i go to people do make donations sure, but it's from personal choice, they make donations to help with the upkeep of the church, largely the pastors salary (it is a full time job, the money has to come from somewhere). Because at the end of the day it is their church, their community, so they want to support it.

I also don't see the point in confession. Surely, it doesn't matter if you go and see someone and tell him all the bad things you've done. Unless you are sorry for those things (i guess the word would be repent) then those words are meaningless, so you might as well "repent" in your own time (i.e. in your own time and thoughts). Plus, if i was a catholic i might not get much done, i'd have to spend far too much time in that confession booth !

:LOL:

I won't criticize you, but what do you gain from religion? You truly believe? You want to believe (sounds good in heaven)? You don't want to spend eternity in hell (fear)?

You say your prayers at night? So like whatever you do, as long as you talk to yourself and ask God for forgiveness, then you can do whatever bad things you want, as long as you're sorry?

I'm just trying to understand what religion means.

You know, I sometimes think to myself, wow, holy ****ing shit, this world is amazing ****ing ... wow. Mind blowing.

but the thing about eating an apple, and a rib bone, wow, this doesn't explain anything. It's just weird stories.

I still stand firm in the belief that the Bible is just a collection of fairy tales and stories to get the kids to go to sleep, on a donkey ride to Jerusalem.

And to save me some energies, oh im so down with the writing stylez of the modern era, just refer to my signature.

God in my books is simply the being that was or made the very beginning of everything.

Everything that comes after is all natural. This includes the big bang, the creation of Earth and Humans.

God must exist. It's snowing here in Texas again right now where I am!

Too bad it won't last very long.

Snow makes me happy.

God exists if you want him to. Your reception of reality is an illusion, it's impossible to be objective. If you see God, he exists. If you don't, he doesn't. It's not unusual to be spiritual. It's a completely normal and understandable human desire. However, view the universe objectively, and there is going to be no God.

God in my books is simply the being that was or made the very beginning of everything.

Everything that comes after is all natural. This includes the big bang, the creation of Earth and Humans.

Pfffft, what a one hit wonder.

Supernatural divinities is the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night.

Alright, alright.

Yes, I do believe in God/Jesus/the whole shabang. I grew up in a Christian household but I didn't start actively walking my faith until I was in my mid-teens. Over time I came to discover God more and more (his love, the unlimited forgiveness he offers, etc.), and that coupled with God's movements in my personal life ('miracles'), and tripled with the personal testimonies of others, I was had.

Back