Dog's balls the @@@@

E

estonianman

Don't know if anybody knows this but if you keep dog's ball it will help you in Ravenholm! Don't know how far you can take it but it will distract enemies and will score you a one hit kill!

Why not just use a radiator or a cinderblock?

...heh, for a sec i thought you meant that dog would follow you to ravenholm because you have his ball! WTF!??! then i realized...no.

This ball acts like the mines seen in the coastal run that attach to the buggy. It follows you no matter where you go, with a little help.
You are able to distract enemies and it kills upon contact if launched from the gravity gun.

I thought this was a thread about the virtues of a robot's testicles :LOL:

well, if they don't I outa add it on.
*Walks up to dog*
NOOOO DOG DOSN'T HAVE ANY, THEY NUDERED YOU! DAMN THOSE ROBOT NUDEREDS!
*Welds some testicles onto DoG*
There you go dog!!

Anyone try dragging the Ravenholm paintcan to a combine level?

I wonder if you can paint them white too, and how they react.

Quelaar

I hadn't thought of keeping the ball,. I'm going to try this. Thanks estonianman

Brian Damage said:
Yup, you can paint the Combine Soldiers too...

yep, that's true
there are paintcans available on the Bridge level :naughty:

I did that the other day. I kept it for about 90% of the way through Ravenholm. It finally died to a barrel blast. I actually shed a tear.

I really need to get out more.

sounds cool but nothing beats knocking off the propellor blade in ravenholm and using that to destroy whole streets of zombies!

The ball takes the fun out of using random objects that you find in the game.

In Ravenholm, I like using the gravity gun on those spinning machines to get them going nice and fast without having to turn it on at the switch.

A guy on another forum named the rollerball "Frank" and he has kept the ball all the way to anti citizen one!

I lost my ball the minute it was given to me. I took the Zero Point gun, grabbed the ball, aimed high, and propelled it. It went straight over the mountains on the edge, lost forever. Now that I think about it, I could've nocliped over there, but too late now. Dog tried to find it, and Alyx said that she never said he could actually fetch the ball. Would've been kinda hard to, I guess...
The moral is, don't go taking Dog's ball.

Milkman said:
A guy on another forum named the rollerball "Frank" and he has kept the ball all the way to anti citizen one!

doesn't it blow up in water? like as soon as you go through that part in the mines?

ryudom said:
doesn't it blow up in water? like as soon as you go through that part in the mines?
No he carried over the water or something like that.

Milkman said:

It would have been much more appropriate to have named it "Wilson".

hey did anybody take dogs ball and shoot it through the hoop? theres a basketball hoop above alyx during that part with the #0... curious if it changes if u get the ball in there...

Milkman said:
No he carried over the water or something like that.

have you beat that part of the game? you can't carry it over the water heh. maybe my ball was low on hp and the water finished it off? i dunno

Here's how you get the ball through the water in the mineshaft:

www.skillednewbie.com/HL2_missionimpossible_demo.rar

If you wander into the rest of my website, remember that it is still a work in progress and the webdesign guy will be hard at work trying to get it finished up by the SDK's release (especially the forum. Ugh!) :p

~SkilledNewbie

All I did was go up the ladder backwards...

How did people who got it into the mine get it through the cable car trip to meet the monk.. Every time I tried that something pushed it through me and the car it would not go over the fence.

hoolaparara said:
How did people who got it into the mine get it through the cable car trip to meet the monk.. Every time I tried that something pushed it through me and the car it would not go over the fence.
Yes, I had this problem too: there seems to be an "invisible" wall that the ball cannot go through right in the middle of the trip. I'd like to know as well...

If you fire Dog's ball out of his junkyard 'playground' - he sulks!

Back