DOOM 3 went gold .

Theman2k

Reaction score
The date is 8/3/2004 !
You think HL2 will be out on the same date / before / after ?

I think only after , cause the won't release the game with HL2 ... cause no one will but it :>

oh yeah :

www.gamestop.com

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/223988.asp

250x230_doom3.jpg

Well suckage, now doom will be out before hl2.

1. This belongs in the General Gaming Forum.
2. There are no "Gone Gold"announcements on gaming news sites, on id's site, on the official Doom 3 website, or in any id .plan files. Until then, this is an exercise in wasting time.

It has an announced release date, but it doesn't appear to have gone gold

if it's gone gold, why is it coming out two months from now?

Well HL2 is being sent to Vivendi (the publisher?) in August so I doubt we'll be seeing that game in the same month.
Definately not before the 3rd.

Sai said:
if it's gone gold, why is it coming out two months from now?

Because it's only now announced ... it will take a few minutes until it will be in ever place ...

www.doomplanet.com even talk about it and want to confirm it .

Number of people who want both HL2 and Doom 3 that will only buy 1 and not the other as soon as they come out? Probably not many.

Number of people wo want both HL2 and Doom 3 that will buy both when the come out? Probably the majority.

I think it'll be better for HL2 to have doom3 come out slightly before.
Doom comes out. People scare themselves silly playing the SP.
HL2 comes out. People flock to the new game, and then the modding starts.
4 years later HL3 comes out.

Adrien C said:
Is it true then?

Absolutely nothing official yet from the people who created the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to trade my Doom3 preorder box for the real thing, and soon. :naughty:

Am I the only person here who has noticed that there are so far only release dates in this thread, and no mention of D3 going to the CD factories for duplication? If D3 went gold today, I would expect a mid-late July release, not early August. It's good that a release date seems solid though, maybe Valve will respond by pushing their non-public release date back to avoid losing sales to ID Software.

Sushi said:
Am I the only person here who has noticed that there are so far only release dates in this thread, and no mention of D3 going to the CD factories for duplication? If D3 went gold today, I would expect a mid-late July release, not early August. It's good that a release date seems solid though, maybe Valve will respond by pushing their non-public release date back to avoid losing sales to ID Software.

Most people noticed this.. even I already said that :)

Shuzer said:
Most people noticed this.. even I already said that :)
Well, it seems there's two of us who have noticed the lack of a gold announcement here.

Sushi said:
Well, it seems there's two of us who have noticed the lack of a gold announcement here.

I suppose. It would be pretty ludicrous to have it go gold and come out 2 months later, this isn't CZ afterall :p

Come on already, lets wait till we hear an official announcement from ID software.

Wrong board, :p

It's half true, sorta. Most gaming sites have it, yet they doubt it slightly. Guess it's time Carmack comes out of his room to speak.

Theman2k said:
And because DOOM3 is like 6 CD's ...
Actually it wouldn't surprise me if most D3 games are sold as DVDs, since the system requirements for the game are fairly steep, which means users with more modern PCs will buy D3, which means that those PCs are more likely to have DVD drives. Therefore, if a CD and DVD version of D3 is marketed at the same retail value, the DVD option will be the more logical choice. It will also save ID some time in making copies of the game (6 cds vs. 1 dvd)

note the question mark in the title of that link theman2k

I'm guessing it is true... Carmack needs money to get him in to space, and Doom 3 is his last best hope.

Check out the screenshots though, it does look awesome:

nice doom3 screenshot here

I'd love to get a go on that chainsaw :sniper:

That would be nice if it came out on the 3rd, since that's only two days after my birthday. :)

Burn THE HEATHENS! :devil: :devil:

Bring WOOD and OIL :sleep: ;(

HL2 will still pwn the Doom 3 (The chainsaw looks made of plastic) In HL2 textures look gritty like realworld.

romeo0201 said:

HL2 will still pwn the Doom 3 (The chainsaw looks made of plastic) In HL2 textures look gritty like realworld.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret here..

most chainsaws have plastic handles! :O :O :O :eek: :eek: :eek:

romeo0201 said:

That would explain why most of the buildings in City 17 are made of one polygon...

Doom3 still looks nice, even if it does have a plastic-wrap on. Ill definitely buy it, been bored playing SWG for too long.

blahblahblah said:
That would explain why most of the buildings in City 17 are made of one polygon...

Even if it were true. Does it matter? In fact, wouldnt it be better? I mean they look amazing! And if they were only 1 poly. That just = better performance.

romeo0201 said:

Lol I knew some people were gonna start doing this. "well Doom looks ugly theres (insert whats wrong with DOOM3 here) stupid and stuff!!!11oneoneone" "half life 2 is teh best its so much real herrr!!!"

lol

Back