DOOM 3 went gold .

Ok, ok, everyone's excited.

Doom 3 will own every game as it's lord. :x

*trust me I didn't say that*

blahblahblah said:
That would explain why most of the buildings in City 17 are made of one polygon...

They used to be higher geometry.. well, I and others have gone over this in other threads. But yeah, some older stuff was really high geometry (this one window in particular in some of the oldest media), I hope the geometry settings are just turned down..

Although, the geometry settings appear to be different in different media, check this comparasion shot, and you can see that the same scene (one from an official shot, the other from the E32k4 trailer) one shows higher geometry, while the other doesn't

Shuzer said:
They used to be higher geometry.. well, I and others have gone over this in other threads. But yeah, some older stuff was really high geometry (this one window in particular in some of the oldest media), I hope the geometry settings are just turned down..

Although, the geometry settings appear to be different in different media, check this comparasion shot, and you can see that the same scene (one from an official shot, the other from the E32k4 trailer) one shows higher geometry, while the other doesn't

You don't have to tell me that. HL2 and Doom 3 both look very good to me. It just bugs me to no end when people say that HL2 is better looking than Doom 3.

Sai said:
if it's gone gold, why is it coming out two months from now?

You do know what date it is yes? 22nd of June..in 8 days it is July...in 31 days it is August...3 days later Doom3 comes out and sells out worldwide :| thats 42 days..there is roughly 60 days in 2 months :p

well..... Doom3 will be one step ahead of HL2, specially in sales. im buying it for sure.

blahblahblah said:
You don't have to tell me that. HL2 and Doom 3 both look very good to me. It just bugs me to no end when people say that HL2 is better looking than Doom 3.

Yeah, I know they both look good and you're an advocate of both games :) Just thought I'd point that out to ya :cheers:

Hell yes, only thing that pisses me off is HL2 is supposedly coming soon after. Oh well if im busy with doom 3, then im busy with doom 3 :). Hopefully my system will run it just fine, it's not extreme but it's pretty nice. amd athlon xp 2500+ OC to 3200+ 786 ddr pc 3200 ram, Radeon 9700 pro

I think HL2 fan will buy doom3 because HL2 fans come from a game from many century's ago...HL1, and doom1/2 is an old game and everyone knew HL would never of been HL without doom defining the genre.

This shit about plastic people say irritates me because it looks amazing, it pisses me off when people say farcry looks plastic and the water does'nt look realistic but DOWN here in the REAL WORLD farcry is the best looking game to date, until Doom3 comes out course :p

Grimresfa said:

Oh, how punny :LOL:

Grimresfa said:
Hell yes, only thing that pisses me off is HL2 is supposedly coming soon after. Oh well if im busy with doom 3, then im busy with doom 3 :). Hopefully my system will run it just fine, it's not extreme but it's pretty nice. amd athlon xp 2500+ OC to 3200+ 786 ddr pc 3200 ram, Radeon 9700 pro

I have a similar system, hope it runs well on mine :)
Athlon XP 2500+ OCed to 3200+, 1024MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM, Radeon 9700 OCed to 9700 Pro

ray_MAN says he is very happy and that he is crying

but he can't post cause he's reading

I'm so sick of people bitching about "Doom 3 look like plastic" have you ever seen the bloody HL2 HDR video? Looks like absolute crap! At least id can get it right.

Also, the f*cking game is actually coming out. Have fun waiting, fanboys, I'm gonna be playing a quality video game while you all wait for August, then September, and before you know it it's December and HL2 isnt out yet. It will happen.

Shuzer said:
Oh, how punny :LOL:

I have a similar system, hope it runs well on mine :)
Athlon XP 2500+ OCed to 3200+, 1024MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM, Radeon 9700 OCed to 9700 Pro

Cool, similar taste I guess heh, I don't know though. I didn't run FarCry all that well or thief 3 deadly shadows :-\

iamaelephant said:
I'm so sick of people bitching about "Doom 3 look like plastic" have you ever seen the bloody HL2 HDR video? Looks like absolute crap! At least id can get it right.

Also, the f*cking game is actually coming out. Have fun waiting, fanboys, I'm gonna be playing a quality video game while you all wait for August, then September, and before you know it it's December and HL2 isnt out yet. It will happen.

HL2 HDR video looks like crap?

Whoa whoa whoa, I agree people who take fanboyism to the extreme to put down Doom 3 are sad, but you're just on the opposite side of the fence now.

The HDR video looked gorgeous, just as gorgeous as much of Doom 3 looks; it is in no way "crap."

You're too caught up in your hate for VALVe to give them credit for anything, IMO.

Alright Doom 3 got a date... come on Valve... now its your turn ;)

BTW I'm looking forward to Half-Life 2 alot more but I'll still be buying and enjoying them both, I doubt I'll stick with Doom 3 after I beat it though... HL2 + Source Mods will consume me :)

Frost said:
Alright Doom 3 got a date... come on Valve... now its your turn ;)

BTW I'm looking forward to Half-Life 2 alot more but I'll still be buying and enjoying them both, I doubt I'll stick with Doom 3 after I beat it though... HL2 + Source Mods will consume me :)

I think D3 is going to have some really cool mods come out down the line.

iamaelephant said:

iamanelephant = iamanidiot :dozey:

Fenric said:
Don't worry, now you'll die of lack of exercise sat infront of a computer rather than slowly from skin cancer caused by the horrible horrible ball of light in the outside world.

i like that ball of light... keeps the creepy little girls with long hair away!

Fenric said:
Don't worry, now you'll die of lack of exercise sat infront of a computer rather than slowly from skin cancer caused by the horrible horrible ball of light in the outside world.

What is that ball of light anyway? What does it do?? I still don't know...

I wonder why iamatwat hasn't been banned yet, he has been trolling and unnecessary insulting of people here for months.

And isn't it supposed to be iamanelephant vs iamaelephant?

doom3 = too scary for me.......

but im gonna buy it anyway, and some new pants

yawn factor 5. or maybe 6.

had it up to here with speculation and such to be honest..

PvtRyan said:
I wonder why iamatwat hasn't been banned yet, he has been trolling and unnecessary insulting of people here for months.

And isn't it supposed to be iamanelephant vs iamaelephant?

He explained long ago, it's supposed to be pronounced
"I am uh elephant," not "I am a elephant"

er, but either way, you're right :)

Erm, why the frickin hell cant people look forward to both games and recognise that both are freaking ammazing titles!!!

(Aimed at a few people, not the majority)

Oh and I forgot to mention the... WOOTAGE!!!!! :D

CB | Para said:
What is that ball of light anyway? What does it do?? I still don't know...

causes cancer, allows life for plants and animals, keeps people's skin an odd brownish color, and (in given conditions) is an excuse to stay inside!

anybody got any more confirmation links? im gettin worried cause id or any gaming sites havent said anything

What a misleading title. Just because it has a release date doesn't mean it went gold. Halo 2 has a release date and I doubt it's gold already.

Regardless, it's good news if true, and it shows that I was exactly right in my assumptions that Id was merely waiting to get some more concrete release date info on Half-Life 2 so they could plan accordingly and release it a bit ahead of Valve.

:stare:
Soundwave said:
Regardless, it's good news if true, and it shows that I was exactly right in my assumptions that Id was merely waiting to get some more concrete release date info on Half-Life 2 so they could plan accordingly and release it a bit ahead of Valve.

yeah thats gotta be the reason :rolleyes: :upstare:

I've been looking forward to Doom III and I was planning on buying it if it had come out a while before HL2, looks like it isn't so I might not even drop the $50.

:sleep: I know god damn $54.99 for Doom III, WOW! I'm not really worried about the release date of Doom III though as long as it's released before December.

Back