Doom III Reviewed by PC Gamer 94%

/me hugs each and every member of pc gamer for giving doom III a better review then FarCry

if you know where to look AKA doom3 germen sites they had rumors of this 2 days ago but people thought it was fake.

:dozey: Didn't someone mention that they gave FarCry a 92%? Doom III got 94%.

ailevation said:
:dozey: Didn't someone mention that they gave FarCry a 92%? Doom III got 94%.

oh well in that case, I change my mind :p but still FC should have gotten lower X;

I couldn't see FarCry beating Doom 3 out in any aspect. The only reason it's up so high is probably because it was one of the first 'next-gen' looking fps'.

:x Yeah, I agree BHC or atleast Doom III get a lot higher!

words can not express the emotions im feeling right now.

The Mullinator said:
Alot of people at Gamespot just want to be different for the sake of being different.

"A potentially amazing game is in development that has alot of hype? Lets be pesimistic about it just because we can."

At least that is how Gamespot sometimes comes across to me.

when ever i go to gamestop they have one guy that always calls the real hits, some fat hispanic gu with an afro, what ever he say review wise, is ALWAYS true.

ex: he shrugged at far cry when a customer was drooling over it...

94 isn't that good, a lot of games that weren't that good got 90+. But maybe they had very high expectations.

AFAIK, only one person has physically seen a review of it. I am a doubtful until I see confirmation from other people.

[Edit]: Half-Life didn't get 100% magazine scores when it came out. They ranged from 92-95%. Yet, Half-Life is considered one of the best games ever.

[Edit2]: The review is apparently from the US PC Gamer Magazine.

Hmm. Hopefully its a "true" 94% and not a Black and White-esque hype-influenced overrated mediocrity. Is this PCG UK or US?

Edcrab said:
Hmm. Hopefully its a "true" 94% and not a Black and White-esque hype-influenced overrated mediocrity. Is this PCG UK or US?
Black and White was over rated? I think it was under rated.

i wonder what pcg thought of the MP. or does the 4 player mp come with it

I think it depends where you go- it was not a 99.9% wonder game as some sites would have it, but it certainly wasn't a 50% crap pile like some implied. Everybody seems to be percentage based these days... but PCG UK and Gamespy are two of the big names that linger in my mind as far as over scoring B&W goes. It had some flaws. *looks sternly at the two corporate giants*.

Whoops... off-topic. This is promising at least; and HL2 looks like it has a genuine contender to face up to.

you'd think it'd get a 96%.. HL2 will of course get 99%, but thats not the point

if theyd let me post it i would.... get permission hehe

I bet half-life 2 will get points taken off for being delayed so much, PC gamer US does weird things like that.

:naughty: You have my persmission.

Or if Half Life 2 will be above average, which it most likely will. They might give Valve points for the delays, delays that give us a great ass game.

Just post it real quick and then the devs will remove it...but I will see it first....

Guys... the one i just got from planetdoom on irc is december 2002;s reviwe... I think we beed to make sure their is a new one becuase the picture's on these dont match ither.

:naughty: Yeah, whoever sees it first, quickly right click and save them, then whoever did that tell everyone, and send the pics to everyone VIA whatever possible.

Gamepro has a two page advert for doomIII that is quite cool it says

PAIN SUFFERING DEATH

it's coming for you. And a bunch of characters charging at you (all one's we have already seen)

then doom III small in the lower left and devloped by id distributed by Activision and M for mature blood and gore, intense violence (all small icons in lower right)

Abom said:
"The only thing it says is that one test system had a GF 6800 (!) and it ran "flawlessly at 1024x768"."

Ohh crap.

That quote alone is now making me contemplate getting Doom 3.

Foxtrot said:
Black and White was over rated? I think it was under rated.
Really over-rated.
What's the logic behind there being a great difference between 94-96% ? Once you get into the 90s it's generally much of a muchness.
Personally I'm fairly indifferent to Doom3. If the reviews intrigue me I may buy it.
But it's nice that it looks to be finished and that people are getting excited. That's nice to see :)

Mayro... If you really do have the mag, step up and be a hero. Post it and we will grab it as fast as we can, lol.

el Chi said:
Really over-rated.
What's the logic behind there being a great difference between 94-96% ? Once you get into the 90s it's generally much of a muchness.
Personally I'm fairly indifferent to Doom3. If the reviews intrigue me I may buy it.
But it's nice that it looks to be finished and that people are getting excited. That's nice to see :)
Same with me, I want to see great reviews and maybe a demo.

Like i said the one that i recived from the dude upping it to me was the 2002 december issue with doom3 in it... Ill find it... trust me...

:(, there was no D3 review in PC gamer UK, but they did mention the halflife2.net forums :D

is this the US PC gamer we are talking about?, cause its bull if the thread starters talking about the UK PCG

guys.... sit back and get drunk.... It seems to appear.... that this could highly possibly be a hoax. On sites where the beta for this is they are asking for anyone with any info on this to post the darn thing... NO ONE NO WHERE HAS IT!

Im talkin in the planetdoom irc... It is starting to look like a pro photo shopper.

No it's real. That was the big world exclusive secret PC GAMER had for us. Trust me it's real.

tokin said:
No it's real. That was the big world exclusive secret PC GAMER had for us. Trust me it's real.

It maybe, but I highly doubt the magazine is out yet.

My gut instinct told me it was a hoax. If it was really, there would be tons of info floating around the net.

Back