Doom III Reviewed by PC Gamer 94%

Yeah the guy is intentionally vague it seems, he could have easily guessed at the recommended requirements and the highs and lows. But who knows.

The cover is definately real though.

Just wait there will be some. I personally can't get over the fact that valve won't do a huge preview on TF2...that's all i want, it'll keep me satisfied months after HL2 is out...just 1 damn preview.

it looks like that site will be upping what it is saying is the mag soon.... only time will tell.

blahblahblah said:
It maybe, but I highly doubt the magazine is out yet.

My gut instinct told me it was a hoax. If it was really, there would be tons of info floating around the net.

god this is so funny, it's the REAL DEAL folks, I garuntee you people do have this thing :LOL: the doom III review does exist :cheese:

I can't wait to play it. We all knew the expectations were lost the second year around after HL2 was announced and more news on that appeared. However Doom 3 is finally about to be released and it's going to scare the shit out of everyone.

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
god this is so funny, it's the REAL DEAL folks, I garuntee you people do have this thing :LOL: the doom III review does exist :cheese:

A couple of things make me think its fake.

- Nobody else has this issue of PC Gamer yet.
- The guy who posted the info is really vague.
- The system requirements seem wrong. The GeForce 4 MX doesn't support pixel shading, in an essence it is really a Geforce 2. If that is the case, why isn't the Geforce 2 supported?

The last thing about the graphics card is really suspicious to me.

LOL. PC GAMER has been planning to give this exclusive review for about 2months now. It is real. Subscribers get the issues a few weeks/month in advance. The system requirements seem fine, that card is probably just the minimum specs of the game that it can support.

Whether or not the system req's are true or not, the cover looks real. I would be utterly baffled if it was a fake...

blahblahblah said:
A couple of things make me think its fake.

- Nobody else has this issue of PC Gamer yet.
- The guy who posted the info is really vague.
- The system requirements seem wrong. The GeForce 4 MX doesn't support pixel shading, in an essence it is really a Geforce 2. If that is the case, why isn't the Geforce 2 supported?

The last thing about the graphics card is really suspicious to me.

Orginally Carmack stated to everyone that orginal GeForce 1 cards would be supported, So this dosent seem far-fetched to me at all. I have heard the mx line will be supported in DoomIII for a couple of months now. There are alternitives to Pixel Shading that make a similar effect that is a little be dulled. Within the next couple of days expect people to flood around the web about how they recieved a new PC gamer with a Doom III review, this guy just got his a bit earlier then the rest of us.

tokin said:
LOL. PC GAMER has been planning to give this exclusive review for about 2months now. It is real. Subscribers get the issues a few weeks/month in advance. The system requirements seem fine, that card is probably just the minimum specs of the game that it can support.

You fail to understand, the Geforce 4 MX should not be included with the system requirements. A Geforce 2 = Geforce 4 MX. If you include one, you can include the other.

So you have more knowledge with that, i apolagize. But you need to accept that this is true because by later tonight, sometime tomorrow, or later this week everyone will see this is real. People are thinking this is a hoax because of all the latest pictures going around about doom3 and hl2. I was fooled a few times but this time it's the real deal. PC GAMER has been planning to give this huge world exclusive review for awhile now and this was the big secret. Wait and see....

all i wanna know... is Doom 3 going to be fast paced, non-stop like the original... or is going to be resident evil, as in you're hard pressed to find a zombie when you want to

thehunter1320 said:
all i wanna know... is Doom 3 going to be fast paced, non-stop like the original... or is going to be resident evil, as in you're hard pressed to find a zombie when you want to

You don't find them, they find YOU! :sniper: :devil:

Soundwave said:
One thing though, and I'm only saying this because it's true, not because I am against Doom3 in anyway (most here should know by now I'm a big Doom3 fan). Alot of times, exclusive reviews = the magazine/website being overly praising of the game. Otherwise they wouldn't get exclusive reviews from that company again. Not saying that's the case here, but it's fair to let that be known.

Also, I would put money down that Gamespot is going to thrash the living hell out of this game. A few of their editors have expressed discontent with the game for like 2 years now. Oh well, Doom3 is almost upon us and that's what really matters.

Actually i find they are right on the money most of the time. But i doubt they'd trash this. They may have shown discontent with Doom 3 in the past, just like HL2, but that isn't going to change the gaming experience

Also, WOOHOOO, 94% kickass. The game can't let me down now.

Gamespot is kind of a joke but i have always felt they give pretty good reviews, for all the games i care about that is, they seem to rate them fairly. There might be 1 or 2 i havn't agreed with but it's like everyone here has haterd for the site.

Um guys......holy shit.........somehow.....Far Cry managed to get 95% from the same magazine :S

Sparta said:
Actually i find they are right on the money most of the time. But i doubt they'd trash this. They may have shown discontent with Doom 3 in the past, just like HL2, but that isn't going to change the gaming experience

Also, WOOHOOO, 94% kickass. The game can't let me down now.

If you mean you find Gamespot right on the money most of the time, I agree. I was just saying I've noticed nothing but discontent with Doom3 when it's brought up.

If you meant PC Gamer, well I don't read it much so I have no idea on their reviews.

Sparta said:
Um guys......holy shit.........somehow.....Far Cry managed to get 95% from the same magazine :S

FarCry is/was a top notch game.

Far Cry was a good, solid FPS, but nothing worthy of 91 or above.

ok then, maybe a 92
But still the graphics are way better in Doom 3, and after playing the beta, the atmosphere in that is about 10 times the atmosphere in Far Cry. I agree with whoever said it earlier (or maybe they said it in that shacknews thread)

The only reason Far Cry got such high praise was because it was the most solid FPS game in a long time. That and the graphics.

I would rate FarCry a 74%

besides the graphica/tech/design department, the game lacks in nearly ever aspect.

Far Cry is a great game.

The review is real.. believe me. I haven't gotten the issue yet, but I gaurantee it is real.

ray_MAN said:
For posting that, I shall now slap you uncontrollably.
* ray_MAN kisses his good, old GeForce 4 Ti 4200 and buries it in the back yard. :(

I can't wait to get the PCG. :D

Im still using my Ti 4200 and will do so until modern games wont work on it.

Dungeon Siege was suppose to be 20 hours, took me about 14 hours to beat on medium....

I'm going to laugh my ass off so hard if Half-Life 2 gets a 95%. I can picture it now, Gabe e-mailing Carmack.

"Own3d"

I can't wait \o/

*hope Doom 3 doesn't run like shite*

Warbie said:
I can't wait \o/

*hope Doom 3 doesn't run like shite*

Leak ran quite nicely in places on an amd xp 2000+ 512 Ti4800 se 1024 med/high details (even hit 60fps in some areas without dynamic shadows). I mean, err, I played it at a friends house. He made me, really.

Dux, its okay, its only DOOM 3... if you said half life 2 in there...
* Z|insane shows Dux a big sharp meat cleaver.

Foxtrot said:
Dungeon Siege was suppose to be 20 hours, took me about 14 hours to beat on medium....

I took 52 hours to beat Dungeon Siege.

Of course, all of my characters were evenly leveled, and I explored and talked to every last person in the entire game. Plus, I uncovered EVERY last bit of black area on the map.. lol

I had fun. Gom was really really INSANELY easy to kill for me though :| lol

Shuzer said:
I took 52 hours to beat Dungeon Siege.

Of course, all of my characters were evenly leveled, and I explored and talked to every last person in the entire game. Plus, I uncovered EVERY last bit of black area on the map.. lol

I had fun. Gom was really really INSANELY easy to kill for me though :| lol
Yeah.. I spend about 20 hours playing, and then gave up because the combat was boring. Then I finished the game like two months ago. It was an okay game, but Chris Taylor should go back to real time strategy games.

Back