Doom3 IS Gold

:dozey: I wake up at 1 PM to find out that Doom III is GOLD!!!!!! OMG THAT PZNROROAOS G ZORO ! What a way to start my DAY!! I NEARLY KILLED MY MOMMY HUGGING HER!

The game opens up with your arrival at Mars Research Facility of the massive United Aerospace Corporation. It's the year 2145, and you're a Marine newly assigned to the facility's security detail. For the first 15 minutes,you're not even issued a weapon - the action unfolds in a pace reminiscent of the opening of Half-Life, as you get oriented around the security building and watch some video primers on your new job and new home. In this opening act, you're familiarized with your Personal Digital Assistant, wich will be your invaluable interface throughtout the rest of the game. Using this handy gadget, you can download info from other people's PDAs as you come across them, adding codes, access keys, and emails that contain crucial information you'll need to progress through the 28 maps to follow. Here's what you really spen those first 15 minutes doing: gawking. This is your chance to absorb the full shock of magnificant graphics engine put to stunning use. The enviroments are huge-scale and packed with detail. The base is a convincing Mars Station - less a far-future design than a depressingly postmodern corporate park. It feels lived-in, too - from the skin mags scattered on the kitchenette tables to the nastiest in the public rest-room toilet bowls.

ACLeroK212 said:
Not trying to single you out or anything lans, but why can't people accept the fact that both games have the potential to be extremely good. It's not like it's a competition to be the only game we play this summer. We don't have to pick one or the other. I'm just happy that in a little over a month we should have two equally amazing games to be playing.

You'd say the same if you're friends were all Doom 3 fanatics and had brainwashed you. :p

BTW, Is it just me, or does Doom 3 sound too much Halflife-ish?

I mean replace UAC with black mesa and the opening scene sounds almost the same. I mean even replace the zombies with headcrap zombies, Z-sec with marines, torch with crowbar and viola! half-life!

Max35 said:
So, has it been stated yet whether or not the Xbox version will come out at the same time as the PC version?. Man, I wish I had a better computer :(

Not likely....

"Of course, id Software is not a dumb company. An Xbox version of "Doom 3" is well underway and was heavily shown at this year's E3 trade show. When that will hit the streets, though, is still up in the air.

"We can't say, at this point, that it's going to come out this year," said Hollenshead. "There are a couple of big pieces of work that still have to be done."
" - Source: Chris Morris' Game Over Column at CNN Money

ailevation said:
:dozey: I wake up at 1 PM to find out that Doom III is GOLD!!!!!! OMG THAT PZNROROAOS G ZORO ! What a way to start my DAY!! I NEARLY KILLED MY MOMMY HUGGING HER!
Where did you get that quote?

lans said:

I mean replace UAC with black mesa and the opening scene sounds almost the same. I mean even replace the zombies with headcrap zombies, Z-sec with marines, torch with crowbar and viola! half-life!

Except D3 has the storyline of the original Doom, which came out about ten years ago.

:naughty: In that quote I provided, it starts out like Half Life... Hmmm and Gabe was pretty hyped about the game... hmmm.... maybe he helped out!! No wonder there were delays in Hl2! So Gabe and his team could work with iD!

lans said:

Well, this is basically a remade Doom 1. So, maybe Half-Life is modelled off that! :O
EDIT: I doubt it.

:dozey: I think he means how they presented it not how the storyline is, sheesh.

ray_MAN said:
Well, this is basically a remade Doom 1. So, maybe Half-Life is modelled off that! :O
EDIT: I doubt it.

True, half-life was a more ellaborate version of Doom, anyway. But basically Doom 3 seems to be presented like half-life.

Edit: alievation just said it!

Max35 said:
So, has it been stated yet whether or not the Xbox version will come out at the same time as the PC version?. Man, I wish I had a better computer :(

time to upgrade or buy a new PC altogether buddy :)

:eek: August 5th, better start taking them karate classes. The stores is going to be a battlefield.

:cheers: I believe someone mentioned those pics, especially the 2nd one. I seen both pics before.

YES! finally! one of them is being released doom 3 half life 2 stalker and knight of the old republic sith lords is what I have been waiting for..... one of the biggest games to 2004 is being released .... *tears*.... I'll get to play it finally :)

i am going to best buy tommorow and buying the old doom to play it again. this spiffy laptop has no floppy drives, to my dismay. :D i have no words to display my excitement, for it is that great. :)

OK that settels it im building a system.

I just ordered an

amd 64 3400+
chaintech MObo
1024Mb ram

I allready have an audijy and a geforce 5800U :) I allready pre ordered doom III a few months ago. :) muahahahahaha

YEAH! YEAH! *thrusts hips at random passerby*

6th August translates as 10th for Carlisle... but hell, it's Doom! YEAH!

*temporarily hides HL2 Fanboy shirt*

Three simple words: ABOUT ****ING TIME!!

Hm I noticed a certain slowness of the olde intarweb today. that might explain it.. :dork:

WOOHOO! I reserved my copy today, and they gave me the nifty reserve box :thumbs:
*Frosty leaves to fondle reserve box*

HOLY SHIT ITS HERE!!! AHHHH THE PROPHECY IS FUFILLED!!! HELL IS HERE!!!!!!

**** Yeah, **** I can't wait, shit over at planet doom's forums theres a golden thread it's been open for like half a day and already 430+ replies and counting **** YEAH THIS GAME IS GONNA ****ING RULE **** YEAH!!! WHOOOOOO!!!!

Just entered a preorder with gamestop.com, total came out to $64.98 with overnight shipping, cant wait.

Tork said:
Just entered a preorder with gamestop.com, total came out to $64.98 with overnight shipping, cant wait.
Do you live far away from any gamestores? I reserved a copy in-store today at my local Gamestop, and they gave me that goofy little metal figurine too :p

Why do you pre-order at a store? Do you get it before other people or something? I always go to the store the day of release and buy it off of the store shelf. Somebody enlighten me, I want to play Doom 3 when it comes out. Not a minute later.

blahblahblah said:
Why do you pre-order at a store? Do you get it before other people or something? I always go to the store the day of release and buy it off of the store shelf. Somebody enlighten me, I want to play Doom 3 when it comes out. Not a minute later.

Just in case they sell out, like a reserve.

blahblahblah said:

Yeah thats what i do as well...ive never pre-ordered. I live in quite a small place sort off so games always there day of release.

Yah...so... :hmph:

I probably won't be picking this up. I might if there's a deal, or maybe my friends could burn me one.

SubKamran said:
Yah...so... :hmph:

I probably won't be picking this up. I might if there's a deal, or maybe my friends could burn me one.

STFU and leave asshole, you don't like Doom 3 then don't post in the ****ing thread, simple as that, you party shitter asshole.

blahblahblah said:

in some areas its hard to get a hold of a popular game.. (like Toronto for example) especially limited editions like HL2's Collectors Edition.. there will be a limited supply one would think.. so around here if u want a CE, its best to pre-order.

i remember Diablo2 sold out on first day.. i walked into the store to pickup my copy only to see others who hadn't pre-ordered giving me mean looks :|

I live right next to a couple of gamestores, some have the preorder and some dont, I purchased far cry from gamestop.com and it was here pretty quick so i just decided to get it from there. :thumbs:

Back