Doom3 IS Gold

Also, hasnt Doom3 been in the works for like 7 years? I would assume it would come out before hl2 which has only been in the works for what? 5 or 6 years?

burnzie said:
I had a pretty good feeling it would come out before HL2...

:\ Well no one stole ID`s D3 game engine... so i guess that's one of the many things that made HUGE delays...

kungfucheez said:
Also, hasnt Doom3 been in the works for like 7 years? I would assume it would come out before hl2 which has only been in the works for what? 5 or 6 years?
Actully... D3 was devolped for 4 years...

kungfucheez said:

4 years. It was officially announced June of 2000 iirc, and they hadn't even really started on the actual engine of the game by then.

theres a hint for gabe... STOP EATING DOHNUTS AND RELEASE THE GAME!!!!! Now Ati is also F***ed!! Oh and hell im pre-ordering D3 now... :p

tkato said:
:\ Well no one stole ID`s D3 game engine... so i guess that's one of the many things that made HUGE delays...
Actually, Doom 3 was leaked. Twice.

Omg omg omg wooooot. I feel something wet right now. ;) OMG this will certainly tie me over till HL2 and then some! :thumbs:

ray_MAN said:
Actually, Doom 3 was leaked. Twice.

"D3's game ENGINE," not the game..
The engine was never stolen, leaked, etc.

BTW, when was it leaked "twice?" The "updated beta" was nothing more than a few extra compiled maps and some other crappy editions to the 2 year old alpha..

I went to Best Buy and pre-ordered Doom 3. Does anybody know what I am supposed to bring in to pick-up my copy of Doom 3 when it comes out? The receipt? The box? The pweter mancubus? The dumb clerk told me that there would be something inside the box that I would bring to claim my copy of Doom 3 when it comes out, there was nothing in there besides some coupons, a poster, and the pweter mancubus. :hmph:

so do you think anyone will have sale for doom 3?
I think $55 is quite a lot for a game..
if not i will just pick it up at compusa for $39 employee cost :p

I think this "hint" by ID tells gabe "We are gonna get ya'" :\ gabe dosent even care :| apprently he wanna play doom 3 :| so i think...
It's fine by me mister but i wanna see some combine blood on my hands :O

gulo said:
so do you think anyone will have sale for doom 3?
I think $55 is quite a lot for a game..
if not i will just pick it up at compusa for $39 employee cost :p

WTF? $55!??!! OMFG
it's gonna be like 300 NIS in israel WTF... dam the industry are a bunch of home made thifes....

Why is everyone worrying that Doom 3 is gonna be better then HL2, just because it came out first? So what?
Why is everyone upset? D3 is out first and now we have a kickass game to play while waiting on HL2? So what? D3's graphics were always better in my eyes, but i totally wanna play HL2, 3 times as much as D3. Anyway i doubt that this means HL2 won't sell simply because D3 is out. Sheesh

blahblahblah said:
I went to Best Buy and pre-ordered Doom 3. Does anybody know what I am supposed to bring in to pick-up my copy of Doom 3 when it comes out? The receipt? The box? The pweter mancubus? The dumb clerk told me that there would be something inside the box that I would bring to claim my copy of Doom 3 when it comes out, there was nothing in there besides some coupons, a poster, and the pweter mancubus. :hmph:
You are suppose to get a receipt thing that is similar to a warranty slip...

Hmmm...I guess I have to call them or something when I have some time. Stupid pre-orders. Grrrrr :hmph:

[Edit]: Do you mean the store receipt or something else?

blahblahblah said:
Hmmm...I guess I have to call them or something when I have some time. Stupid pre-orders. Grrrrr :hmph:

[Edit]: Do you mean the store receipt or something else?

yes, store receipt.. don't lose it.
take it with u when u go pick up the game because they will be asking for that receipt.

blahblahblah said:
I'm confused about this too. I reserved HL2 and Doom 3 at Gamestop, but on different occasions. When I reserved HL2 I recieved a small ticket with a number, and my name, and the title of the game I was reserving (along with receipt, if I remember correctly.) But today when I reserved Doom 3, they gave me a receipt, and that funny box with the little metal figure in it. Maybe they just pull your name from a database and you have to show ID? Oh well, I'll just bring the receipt, and hope for the best.

CB | Para said:
Cool! It's time they updated D3.com though : [

Yeah, preferably with a new trailer or something.
I told my dad yesterday Doom 3 went gold and he was like:

"WTF?! Doom 3 ?, thats ancient!! n00b!!"...riiiighht :|

lol, I need some awsome video footage so I can show him how awsome it is :)

Simmo what about the XBox trailer from the last E3, has he seen that one? it's pretty impressive :)

The point in games in not who is better... the devs need to know that the gamer enjoy thier product.
Gabe even said he is going to play D3 after hl2 shipped.
don't compare games, more good games better for us :).

ATI better move their ass and replace my 9800XT before it hits the shelves lol.

@ the guy earlier claiming the hl2 beta delayed the game - read gabes latest feeback.

vavle had jack all of a game by sept 30th so had to take 6months off to make it.

this is awesome. no longer do i have to check my doom3 and hl2 sites every day and be disappointed with no real news everyday. i have to admit... i've been visitint hl2 sites a lot less since d3 went gold... but i suppose the same will happen when hl2 comes out. hopefully i'll be sick of d3 by then or i probably won't buy hl2 right away.

w()()t,

That would be great! I was always wondering if someday we would see "TeH Demo?!" sounds like yes!!

simmo said:

lol, I need some awsome video footage so I can show him how awsome it is :)
I told my Dad that same thing, and he said "I thought you didn't like those shooter games". He thinks all FPS games are mindless shooters, unless it is a realistic military one.

simmo said:

haha :LOL:
simmo's dad called him a n00b :LOL:
reminds me of CyberSh33p's cat story.. :LOL:

Back