E3 2004 HL2 Demonstration

Lobster

The Freeman
Reaction score
Have you guys got the shaky vid yet!!!!???

The HL2 stuff is 10 mins then a 3 min CS bonus

(Further 10 mins of ATI content still to come i expect)

I just got it off that torrent in the E3 info thread!

What can i say? im shocked, please god release this game now!... and CS isnt a direct clone, they have updated all the content.. .. i never thought id say it but CS looks good :O

Sorry if this wasnt meant to be posted but i havnt seen it mentioned yet!

I'm getting the video now... I wonder if they've updated the maps to have physical objects? That'd be too sweet...

Let me just say this, Last years strider vid looks like a minor punchup compared to the new strider vid :O I want the high res versions now lol!

yes m8 it is discussed in other forums hehe ;) this is like the third thread on the CS clone... also they are going to clone hl/blueshift/opposing force all to the source engine! it has been said on alot of threads already.

omfg i'm melting... source WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKKKKSSSS

Bear with it. Yeh, CS Source has physics and everything, at one point the guy chucks a HE grenade, and it blows boxes and things about.

The things which really impressed me in the HL2 vid was the character interaction, that just blew me away. The facial detail on even the incidental, generic characters was amazing.

Yes I just watched it, permit me to say:

ITS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER!! w00t w00t!!

I need to play this thing!!!

Jarman said:
Tried, but it's painfully slow...
Patience! You've got to wait for it to warm up. I started at 0.5Kb/s, now I'm getting a solid 40.

Can anyone tell me what is on the 35 mg? I'm downloading it and dont have a clue, lol.

Harryz said:
Can anyone tell me what is on the 35 mg? I'm downloading it and dont have a clue, lol.

New HL2 footage
CS on source

13 minutes of goodness

What more can I say than last year's Strider video looks as exciting as chess compared to the new Strider video? It f*cking rocks. But I don't really like it that Striders can take so many hits, but then again they're 1337 alien tech :afro:

CS2 looked good, water splashes look totally awesome :D

Damn, 13 min of shaky cam footage makes last year's presentation look like shit.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!! jhero you're a hero! gimme your adress, i'm coming over from belgium to kiss your ass =) =) =)

lol, its on my site bandwith ;) dont worry, 10gb should be enough :)

Jeez... I knew the demonstration videos would surface the net fast, but this is ridiculous :) What has it been like ten minutes since the presentation

THIS IS awsome, great, and the best Looking game ever.

And I used to say that DOOM3 will kill HL2, but now I changed my mind, its HL2 who will KIK D3,SATLKER AND ANY OTHER GAME 'S assssss.

The biggest problem is that Valve is making CS source to be the MP of HL2 .

that is f up .

jhero said:
lol, its on my site bandwith ;) dont worry, 10gb should be enough :)
You deserve a GOLD MEDAL!

I'm gonna spread it like hell once it's downloaded. Thanks!

I started watching it, but I had to keep pausing as I died in amazament. :/

MAN THAT IS SOOO SWEET!

shows alot of NEW hl2 footage!!! makes last years look crap compared to it! lol.

confussed with CS sourse

is that wat we all saw on the movie...is that just the same CS but with source engine?

so what i am trying to ask is..

is there going to be... HL2, cs,hl,op4 blue shift all in source PLUS a HL2 Mp?

Yes, thank you, Jhero! God damn... the torrent got to like 95% then basically quit even with over 200 sources.

Combine chucks grenade at gordon
Gordon takes out grav gun
Gordon picks up grenade
Gordon chucs grenade in combines face
Combine go boom!

ATI booth demo impressions:
HL2 video was great, I loved the beginning with the apartments and the combine, very moody. The strider battle was fantastic, and the toolshed demo made me giddy. Very exciting
CS - Source looks amazing. I still think it's rediculous to spend all that time redoing all the art and maps but slap it on an existing game with somewhat tired gameplay. I was really expecting some innovation. Still looks beautiful though.

check out the charecter animation though! that guy standing at the window who thinks gordon is a cop, that whole scene just looks fantastic.

And now we know which Half-Life 1 scientist Eli Vance is!

How do you know there wont be a bit of inovation...

One thing struck me while watching the CS2 vid (Besides total awe)

Will nightvision actually become USEFULL in the source!?!?!?

screenshots make no sense... bad quality. should wait 'till after e3. thén the highquality media will be flying all over the internet :)

Somebody clear this up please:

What is the HL2 mp going to be ????

Gorgon! they said HL2 would ship with MP, they also said this source CS would ship seperately, so i really think HL2 will have its own aswell.

Gabe said there were more HL2 demos playing at the VU booth, Still waiting on those! but ati's demo alone was awsome.

No info on hl2 mp, g0rgon.

The video was amazing...every bit was new footage showing the actual gameplay, character interaction, physics, fire, explosions, the works...we even saw CS in the new source engine, with the physics and the graphics and the effects, which is totally going to make CS even more popular than it already is.

*dances* HL2 is awesome and it's coming out this year and CS is on source and this is heaven...

Lobster said:
Gorgon! they said HL2 would ship with MP, they also said this source CS would ship seperately, so i really think HL2 will have its own aswell.

Gabe said there were more HL2 demos playing at the VU booth, Still waiting on those! but ati's demo alone was awsome.

Thank you so much Lobster.

1-HL2 got its own MP
2-CS:Source is another MP using the source engine

:cheers: tehsolace

Idd Lobster and to clear things up for ppl. That cs-part of the movie was not "cs2" it was cs alá Source, get it?

Back