E3 2004 Video - Better Quality

I said this the only thing I can do. If someone with a hostspace of 316 MB would host it I'll cancel the torrent and send it to him so you'll have a much better downloadspeed. Right now this is the only thing I can do.

KagePrototype said:
No, we need the .zip on a good server. Moving the .torrent around won't do anything.
no the link for getting to the torrent is down

Download rate: 1 kb/s
Upload rate: 12kb/s

Why do I feel I'm the first in line here? :p]

Wheezy: He quoted me complaining about the 8 kb/s speed, and asked if he could upload the .torrent. But that won't remedy the slow download speed, we need the .zip on a fast server.

someone host the .torrent file on another server!
first link doesn't work for me...

i've just gotten enough pieces to start ULing... and i have a fast UL speed (30-60 KBs)
so expect faster speeds soon

My DL is OK. It takes like 1day if this speed just keep up.

somone host the torrent.. just like 20 ppl got it beofore the torrent was taken down

My server is not working ATM...I will ask them to allow .torrent extension.

Hmm, no link I've tried in this whole thread has worked...

Oh well, I'll hopefully get my hands on it sooner or later... :borg:

If you'd like to PM me a way to get the file, I could do some stress testing on a server here at work by putting it up for download.

None of the links here are working.

You should post it as a link to a text file, then we can rename it and open it in our torrent clients...

I think Burning Fish should just cancel the torrent and send it to someone who can host it on a server....

We'll get nowhere with 100 or more people try to get it off an 8kbs link.

I can wait......It took me 12 hours to dl the original so this should take 6 rite?? hmmm..not if its Dling at 1kb/s :(

Can't someone just attach the torrent? Just put it in a zip file.

EDIT: Nvm

Torrent is not really the best way to distribute it. Especially not with my crappy upload. Like I said, if someone CAN host it, let me know and I'll send it. Now I'll just leave the torrent on.

I think the original poster should just PM one of the people who have offered to host the file, and just give them the file.

heck, another HL2 site might even host it....The torrent method is going to take too long if he has a max of 8kb upload.

TheWart said:
I think the original poster should just PM one of the people who have offered to host the file, and just give them the file.

heck, another HL2 site might even host it....The torrent method is going to take too long if he has a max of 8kb upload.

How can he send it to me? I'll host it! I hosted the 500MB file I made. I am uploading (in Azureus) at 30KB right now, DLing at 10.

SubKamran said:
How can he send it to me? I'll host it! I hosted the 500MB file I made. I am uploading (in Azureus) at 30KB right now, DLing at 10.

He could use AIM to send it to you.

Guys, we'll get it in the exact same amount of time whichever way he distributes it.

Hes still utimately slowed down by his upload.

For example

Upping to fast ftp 9 hours
Distributing Via Bittorrent in superseeding mode 9 hours.

However because hes using bittorrent the files will be distributed to people with higher uploads and therefore to each other quicker. That means that everybody will roughly have the same percentage. Until 9hours later when its finished.

If its put on an ftp nobody can download until its finished uploading. Again 9 hours.

And once its on the FTP everyone can start downloading, but this means nobody has any percentage of the file, and will have to download for an hour to get it.

Therefore if put on an FTP it would take an hour longer, and therefore is ultimately slower.

yes people keep sharing.............

SEED THIS BEAST

I tried SubKamram's link for the hell of it, and it worked. :D

I'm getting a good speed too. I should be done in the next 2 hours.

:cheers:

Qwerty sounds smart.

I say leave the torrent open now!! lol what a backflip!

I'm going at 16 down 11 up

Back