E3 2004 Video - Better Quality

SO this is the e3 vid but with dvd quality ? is that right ?

pvtlon said:
Is there any way to get around a firewall with Bit Torrent? Where do I configure this thing???
What firewall do you have? There should a programs area where you can tell it to allow or block things.

Rogue, where did you get that sig from? My friend says that all the time.

It's not my firewall, I'm goofing off at work. :LOL: I was wondering if there's a way I can configure bit torrent.

hmmmmmm...it appears i am going at 100.2 kbps...hmmmm..very intersting...very interesting......

Foxtrot said:
Rogue, where did you get that sig from? My friend says that all the time.

It's from a joke, probably lots, but the one I heard was 19 Ways to Keep Your Sanity "After every sentence, say "in accordance with the prophecy."" :D

i havent got any seeds on my BT download, which means no complete file for anyone till some appear! please could someone seed the file, it'd help us all tons, cheers!

yup, if you get to 8% you stop dead in your tracks. woohoo for 0kbps :)

I'm at 8.4% and still DLing at 1-5kb/sec! :)

Edit: 10kb/sec, 8.8%! :D

What's wrong with you guys? I'm currently downloading at 60kb/s, and the speed is only rising.

Using BitTornado btw.

The_Monkey said:
Where can I dl the file?

Look a few pages back. It's a torrent file.

btw 70kb/s now at 10%

Shuzer, is that a direct download link for the same file?

8.8%.
you stop there becouse only that much is uploaded so far. As more gets uploaded we'll all get up there a little more.

When somebody new connects they'll end up at the same % as us really fast and then stop to wait for more to get uploaded into the swarm.... *is my technical background obvious?*

As of right now I'm getting pretty good speeds for me: 47 down and holding steady. 2 hours to go. Thanks to everyone who's putting in the effort. On a side note, does bittorrent make anyone else's computer freeze? After I finish downloading a file I always have to restart because nothing will respond. Any ideas?

grr i still havent figured out why my torrent wont work...i click it and BT++ starts but nothing happens

Shuzer said:
http://www.subkamran.com/lib/files/hl2e32004.zip

For anyone still needing the file.

Absinthe, what percentage are you at? Around 8% it nearly stops

That's the superseed function, it hides the seeders progress so he can get us all up at 100% aproximately at the same time, just pretty slow.

Last time it took 48 hours to seed a 500MB file, so unless he has a pretty good upload we can look forward to a good time.

Absinthe said:
Look a few pages back. It's a torrent file.

btw 70kb/s now at 10%

Shuzer, is that a direct download link for the same file?

No, it's a zip with the .torrent file in it.

Anyhow, that's odd, I'm at 9.2% going 8kb/sec.. you'll surely slow down soon enough :)

Test.
the zipped torrent should appear in my sig now if anyone needs it.

Well, it fluctuates every now and then. Sometimes it will dip down to 20kb/s. Most of the time, however, it's been remaining consistent.

Oh wait... There we go. Now it's at 10kb/s.

Shit.

Thats the torrent file. It contains information for downloading the entire video (316mb) off of a peer 2 peer connection.

currently at 0kb
uploading at 24kb though :)

Ahhh! Now it's back to 30kb/s! It keeps going up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down....

And I'm spamming this topic. I'm gonna go play Sim City for a while. Download might be done in about five minutes... or two hours. Depending on when it makes up its damn mind.

Bicka said:
Thats the torrent file. It contains information for downloading the entire video (316mb) off of a peer 2 peer connection.

currently at 0kb
uploading at 24kb though :)

And how do I download the whole file?

The_Monkey said:
And how do I download the whole file?

P2P means you download the file off of another user. BitTorrent allows you to use a client and instead of connecting to a central place you connect to people. No one here except Burning Fish has the file and he's being nice and using up his bandwidth to give us all the file.

You need to download a BitTorrent client, recommended Azureus (google it). Then download my zip file (subkamran.com/lib/files/hl2e32004.zip), extract the .torrent file and run it. Voila, you'll be downloading the file like all of us.

Uppedie: 20
Downedie: 37

ps. The_Monkey, check your PM!

Back