E3 2004 Video - Better Quality

A True Canadian said:
I tried SubKamram's link for the hell of it, and it worked. :D

I'm getting a good speed too. I should be done in the next 2 hours.

It will slow down, seeing the only person with the whole file has a max upload of 8 kb/s.

A True Canadian said:
I tried SubKamram's link for the hell of it, and it worked. :D

I'm getting a good speed too. I should be done in the next 2 hours.

:cheers:

How are you getting it so fast? I have 1 day 3h left :D

I cant get that connection, this is not fun. Well meaby tomorrow...

is it really worth the download?
cause... for me it's gonna take 10233 hours to download... :naughty:
nah i just hope the speed will get better.

Heheh...

I had 50kb/s or something stupidly good like that...

And then... yeah...

4kb/s.....

WONDERFULL! :D

I'm keeping this on all day, I'll be gone half the day, so hopefully you'll all speed up. :)

PS. What does "32KB discarded" mean? Is that bad? :D

Who *ucker took my connection to tracker? I want keep that dowload over night so it would be ready at morning.

hmm the torrent doesnt seem to be working now...i run the torrent file and nothing happens in BT++(yes i had it accept links)

I got bad file info, what does that mean? Don't use torrent much.

It'll be done in the morning, just leave it running overnight guys.

I again would like to thank Burning Fish for distributing this :)

didnt work for me either, could osmeone who has a working torrent..uh..client i guess send me a link to get it? im new to the torrent thing

Qwertywasd said:
It'll be done in the morning, just leave it running overnight guys.

I again would like to thank Burning Fish for distributing this :)

No problem, but please stop complaining about the low speed :D I can't help it, I'm the one who should be complaining :p

Burning Fish said:
No problem, but please stop complaining about the low speed :D I can't help it, I'm the one who should be complaining :p

DId you know you can use Azureus to create and host your torrent files? I don't know if that would speed it up (I doubt it) but for future reference :D

it says bad info or file or something, can someone send me a torrent that works?

The more people DL, the faster we'll all get it. Additionally, leave the download going as long as you can AFTER it's done so that those of us uploading far faster then we're downloading can get the whole file too. :)

OOrgle I started downloading it, had awesome speeds of like 40-50 kb and I'm like sweet one hour left! I got 17 megs at that speed... Then I dropped like a f**king rock. I have 5-5 right now and 3 hours left

Oh well thanks for sharing!

btw I live so far away from the DSL place they had to come and measure to make sure I was within range, thus I get shitty speeds and I don't even wanna start about my upload speed... can't wait for cable!!!!

*edit* I am at 6% with 20.3megs downloaded and 1.4 megs uploaded and going :)

I can't use Bit Torrent from behind our firewall (at work), I get this -> Problem connecting to tracker - HTTP Error 500: Server Error

I want to see the video!! Does anyone know how I can get this to work? Or can someone host the video??

come on guys spread the love! send me a torrent so i can see this thing!!

If anybody dares disconnect from the torrent after downloading it.... *goes out to buy a shotgun*

For those of us with Azureus and good observational skills, this WILL work.
THe moment anybody new connects what little bit of the file has been uploaded by fish so far is immediately and effectively distributed to everybody connected.
So effecively, his 8kb/s upload translates into 8kb/s for everybody connected, which is truly amazing. 8kb/s * 1000 people 8000kb/s
Just imagine once we get seeds... hehe

You guys have much better chances of using torrent.

First someone would have to upload it to webspace. Will definetely take a few hours (more than it would take for your torrent to finish most likely unless it's on a LAN) and then you would have to download it... and with like hundreds of oother users downloading it, the server would get pretty taxed >.<

ONCE DOWNLOADED KEEP THE TORRENT GOING PLEASE..

I am dl at a nice little 9kb/s... best...

I guess its the thought that counts eh! ;)

Thanks for shareing. :)

Qwertywasd said:
Guys, we'll get it in the exact same amount of time whichever way he distributes it.

Hes still utimately slowed down by his upload.

For example

Upping to fast ftp 9 hours
Distributing Via Bittorrent in superseeding mode 9 hours.

However because hes using bittorrent the files will be distributed to people with higher uploads and therefore to each other quicker. That means that everybody will roughly have the same percentage. Until 9hours later when its finished.

If its put on an ftp nobody can download until its finished uploading. Again 9 hours.

And once its on the FTP everyone can start downloading, but this means nobody has any percentage of the file, and will have to download for an hour to get it.

Therefore if put on an FTP it would take an hour longer, and therefore is ultimately slower.

Superseed only works if he has a big upload for the clients. He apparently has not, he should rather concentrate on spreading it to 1 client or maybe 2 instead of using superseed mode. Which basicly just means that because of his poor upload we're going to wait for several hours.

Is there any way to get around a firewall with Bit Torrent? Where do I configure this thing???

Back