Half life 2?

• Easy

Votes: 37 10.1%
  • Normal

Votes: 238 64.7%
  • Hard

Votes: 93 25.3%

• Total voters
Normal, I dislike dying too much (I have stopped playing otherwise great games becouse I had to reload 40 times at the same spot) but I still want to feel that the enemy can put up a challange to me, besides most games are created with normal difficulty in mind.

I will play hard...
With the added challenge of realistic death. That is, if I die...Game over.
I think it will be more fun this way, and give me a challenge.

I will finish HL1 source first though, before beginning HL2

How do you know that the difficulty will be the same as in HL1?

Question: If you have the quick load, do you see a loading menu or does the game immediately 'pop up' to the moment you quick saved?

normal. i'm sure that it's gonna get a lot harder towards the end of the game, and i don't want to load every minute. i trust valve, i'm sure that hl2 is not going to be like doom 3 where the game is just as easy at the end as it is in the beginning.

hard. i want it 2 last long. i'm scared wen i buy games it will b short and then boring the second time but im sure hl2 will b fun 4 a few times thru

Normal. If it's realistic I'll give it a go on hard after a while.

Hard, all the way. If I stuck in a place where I need health so badly So badly then I use the health cheat code only once.

Gorgon said:
Hard, all the way. If I stuck in a place where I need health so badly So badly then I use the health cheat code only once.

Cheater :p

Even though I have only played FPSs recently, I've found that I have a talent for them, so I will definately play this on hard!!!

The hardest setting. It would be cool if they had a setting where you can play through each difficulty with quick save on or off. I find it that quicksave makes it so hard is infact easy.

My choice is hard. I want to have as much challenge as possible, so it will take longer to complete. Allthough I suck at first person shooters so it doesn't really matter anyway wehther I play on hard or easy.

Usually I play on normal...just because games are usually the most enjoyable that way. In HL2's case, I think it'll be more enjoyable on hard. I might go through normal the first time so that I can more easily explore every tiny crack and destroy every enemy....although I suppose I do that on hard settings.

The_Monkey said:
How do you know that the difficulty will be the same as in HL1?

Because... it's being designed by Valve? We've got the same people working on this one, and I'm pretty sure they knew what they were doing the first time around, because HL1's difficulty settings were just right. Hard mode on some games is literally impossible, but in HL1 it was clear that they did extensive testing to get it just right, so you barely made it out alive but could do so even with 5 health left. I expect HL2 to turn out no differently.

-UnmarkedOne

Im gonna play it on hard to get the most out of it.

Easy, Normal, Hard...Pshh.
I'm just going to noclip the entire bitch. :D

Im gonna start a game on Easy and then restart on Normal ...and i'll replay it on Hard...

omg 10 percent for EASY,guys EASY is no fun

u wait years for this game and play EASY....this is dumb

Normall, then if I feel like playing again, hard.

...I dunno.

Easy - lots of time to explore stuff and play with physics.

Normal - play like its meant to be played.

Hard - real fun.

its difficult to choose

Back