Erm Bad news inside. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
vegeta897 said:
Yes... It was a day or mourning when that date slowly past by... And now look at us, half a year later, we are still holding on, We can do it! Girl Power! 0.o

Ehh.....-.- :eek: :eek:

If you are a true HL² fan you will wear black every 30 sept from now on.

Id I where to choose between a free HL² or a picture of Munro buying 40+ HL² licenses Id choose the latter. Yeah I know theres already been a pic of a guy in a G. Freeman suit but this would be different 8)

Munro said:
The game will be out this year :) If it's not I'll give a free copy of HL2 to everyone who's posted in this thread and picture myself buying them dressed as Gordon Freeman :)

I love you.

..I better post in this thread just so I'll be assured a free copy of HL2! (if it's late)
Although, yeah.. Gabe said twice (when that guy confirmed his own email lol) that it'd be out this year

Shuzer said:
..I better post in this thread just so I'll be assured a free copy of HL2! (if it's late)
Although, yeah.. Gabe said twice (when that guy confirmed his own email lol) that it'd be out this year

Did you count how many times he said the game would be out at 30th sept?

CrazyHarij said:
Did you count how many times he said the game would be out at 30th sept?

Hmm, I'm not sure.. was Gabe the one pushing September 30th? I can't remember.. I know Doug insisted a few too many times

It better be out this year. Otherwise, I will destroy a small villiage of invisible fairies and hold their women captive, decapitating one per day until the release.

As long as Half Life 2 doesn't suck.

Otherwise....well, you don't want to know.

P.S. Free HL2 in 2005!!!!! :)

hmmm i really dont know.

I hope that the site made a mistake with the headline. Or are reading too far into it.

I think valve would of said if it was going to be delayed to 2005 by now.

I hope this game is out sooner then later but....I hope valve release it when they are 1million % it is done!

they have SO MUCH pressure on them with this game to be up to the hype that all expect and they know it!

so hey Good luck to them and i know it will be out sooner then later :).

if it isnt out this year..... well it should be out next year...... maybe.
lets see what happens this E3...
damnit I want my HL2!

ps. signed up for that Free copy senore Munro :p

O i am definitely posting in this thread just so i can get a free HL2 if it comes in 2005. Thanks Munro!

Munro is so screwed if Valve delays Half-Life 2 again. Although a free Half-Life 2 would be nice... I'd rather buy it myself and play it sooner :).

d00d me = PhuKin Sik 0 Diss CrAp0la!!! MeZ Guna Go thunk <>N C++ Iz Dis Dun Get DAh !@#$ oUtZ At 2004!!!!

alright munro, thanks for the free copy of half life 2, and a great picture of gordan freeman buying it for me :farmer:

Magriep said:
Munro is so screwed if Valve delays Half-Life 2 again. Although a free Half-Life 2 would be nice... I'd rather buy it myself and play it sooner :).
Meh i dunno. Im a pretty cheap bastard!

Denial, the most predictable human reaction -The Architect

My bet is on 2005. Thx for the free copy Munro.

Munro said:
The game will be out this year :) If it's not I'll give a free copy of HL2 to everyone who's posted in this thread and picture myself buying them dressed as Gordon Freeman :)

Haha. I'ma put this in my signature so you will remember it. Are you okay with that Munro? I'll take it off if you want.

yay i wanna free game *goes to valve and pays em money to release after 2005* hehehe

Oh God it's such a goddamn enpty little article that has been posted. The language is twisted but you would have to be a moron to mistake it for a delay confirmation. They took the quote which was actually just a comment on committment to production value and twisted it into a delay rumour.

**** those people, they are trying to make news rather than report it.

"We've already spent millions into this project, and we're willing to spend as much as we need to make this the best first person experience ever. If that means delaying the game to 2005, we'll do it without any hesitation. If it means sinking another $20 million into the project, we can do it. Rest assured, if we delay the game, it'll be only to blow your socks off even more when it finally releases."
I'm sure it's been said in this thread a billion times, but I woudnl't call that bad news. They're just saying they'll do whatever they have to to make their fans as happy as possible.

Thanks for posting the question and giving some context to the quote.

The game will be out this year If it's not I'll give a free copy of HL2 to everyone who's posted in this thread and picture myself buying them dressed as Gordon Freeman
Quoted for emphasis.

Woohoo, free copy of HL2!

Seriously though, the game should be out this year. I bet given Gabe's answer the project has suffered from more than a bit of scope creap. I hope that the exposure Unreal 3 has gotten lately doesn't make Gabe scratch his chin and wonder what source would look like if they implimented the same technology. But if it does and they do delay it further... free copy of HL2 for everyone!!!

Quix

Delaying the game to make it better works to a certain point. You can delay a game a year or so and still outweigh the impatience. But after that the feeling that it will be better dies off and people start to lose interest. Plus it means more media will be released and the game will be spoiled. The date now, Summer, is a perfectly good time.

I couldnt agree more. The more time for a dev to work, the better, but only to a certain point. Interest is lost, other games are released, the game's engine becomed dated...etc etc.

still.....
Even if the game was "outdated" i would still buy it. It would be near perfection! Id rather have that than some shitty fps with good looks any day. (To avoid flaming i wont name any names)

I contradict myself. Oh well. I guess the point is, we are all going to be buying it and raving on these forums while valve rolls around in piles of money. It wouldnt matter if it was released tomorrow or 2005

It would matter if iD software completely blows us away with Doom3. Despite John Carmack and his yes men being a bunch of stupid assholes....anything is possible.

i very much doubt Gabe will look at unreal 3 and think it could be implemented...

new technology is always popping up, in order to afford that new tecnology you need more money, which would eventually run out, plus! if you keep waiting for the next big thing you'll be in development for ever.

They should release the game when it's content and gameplay is perfect, HL is living proof of the fact graphics don't make a game. I think i'll join Munro if it isn't released this year, except i'll be dressed like Hitler and it won't be free copies of HL2 it'll be hand crafted Clay Tulips i'll be dishing out.

I'm not really worried if Half-Life 2 gets delayed. Remember, he said Half-Life 2 will be even BETTER if it's delayed. But if it's so good, Half-Life 3 may have to suck.:(

Wait a second......Gabe only said "IF we feel it NECESSARY to delay Half-Life 2 to 2005" Not "IT HAS BEEN delayed till 2005". Whats all the fuss about?

Here's my take on this.

Valve shocked the heck out of most of us last year. BAM! Out of nowhere comes Half-Life 2, and what a beauty it was (and still is).

The most believable characters I have seen yet, our familiar crowbar, a game with a STORY. On top of that, it's going to be the modder's dream.

Valve has had quite a bit of time to work, and they've kept quiet. What if they give us JUST as big of a shock this year with what they have been cooking up in the meantime? Just something to think about...

Also, Source is highly upgradable from what it sounds like. I would imagine PS3.0 and the like will get put in sooner or later since they will probably use the engine as a base for other games anyway. I don't think you're going to have to worry about the graphics looking dated. All we have to go by are videos from an UNFINISHED game with quite a few placeholders. And it still looked amazing... Just wait, it's gonna be good. =)

John Carmack and his yes men? Where the **** did that come from fusion? The id software team disagree about plenty of things. Infact when Carmack decided to impliment a replacement for the use button most of the team was very much against it and they debated about it. Finally Carmack just went and did it and showed them, and they all agreed it was much cooler than a use button. Likewise Carmack didn't see the need for ragdolls as it adds nothing to the gameplay, but one of the other guys disagreed so he went ahead and put ragdolls in and Carmack decided he was wrong and ragdolls should be in the game. They are some of the coolest devs out there. Assholes? Grow up.

You are trash talking a company that has been putting out the best engines since they invented this genra. Games like halflife WOULD NOT EXIST without id. Id was the first to impliment moddable engines for the community, mods like counter strike WOULD NOT EXIST without id software. Id is the grandaddy of FPS, if you werent a twat you would show them the respect they deserve.

Pseudonym_ said:
mods like counter strike WOULD NOT EXIST without id software.

Not really... :p
If not ID had done it, someone else whould have... :borg:

figge said:
If not ID had done it, someone else whould have... :borg:
Yes. Like the person who discovered the "Americas"....i mean ...seriously...someone was bound to find it sooner or later.

Maybe.......eventually........but the delicate way in which the chain of events has unfolded suggests small deviences from reality would have greatly affected the eventual outcome. Hence, if id had not done it at that particular time and in that particular way, the chain of events would have been significantly altered so as to rule out the possibility of counter strike as we know it ever coming to exist.

Anyway, the point is give respect where it is due. Someone else didn't do it, id did it.

I thought i read somwhere that game creators got money from announcing release dates - are you sure Valve didnt just run out of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back