Ever taken drugs?

Ever taken non-prescription drugs?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absinthe said:
There is no physical addiction with marijuana. You can develop psychological addiction, but you can develop that for practically any substance, so that's not really an argument either.
Last I checked, McDonalds doesn't have any negative birth effects, or negative effects on learning, memory and perception, it also has ciggarette like effects. Also, you don't develop a tolerance to McDonalds.

Foxtrot said:
Last I checked, McDonalds doesn't have any negative birth effects, or negative effects on learning, memory and perception, it also has ciggarette like effects.

Birth Effects - There has been no sufficient evidence for marijuana affecting birth.

Learning, Memory, Perception - All of these symptoms have been found to only exist in the short term. They are not life-long.

And while, like cigarettes, marijuana is not healthy for your lungs, it's never given anybody cancer.

ADDED: This is not to say that pregnant mothers should smoke marijuana. They shouldn't. Just like they shouldn't be drinking alcohol either.

Absinthe said:
Birth Effects - There has been no sufficient evidence for marijuana affecting birth.
Seconded.
Learning, Memory, Perception - All of these symptoms have been found to only exist in the short term. They are not life-long.
And they dont actually exist at all in the way that theyre usually said to exist.
And while, like cigarettes, marijuana is not healthy for your lungs, it's never given anybody cancer.
Mainly because it isnt radioactive unlike tobacco smoke.

Bio said:
Nope, not in any way.
But according to Absinthe, the evil conservative media(which does infact control all media) has brainwashed you, and now for making your own independant decision going againt the majority of people you are now a pawn of the system, you ****ing conformist bitch.

Foxtrot said:
But according to Absinthe, the evil conservative media(which does infact control all media) has brainwashed you, and now for making your own independant decision going againt the majority of people you are now a pawn of the system, you ****ing conformist bitch.

When did I ever say that?

If you want to be ridiculous, then go do it with somebody else. Because all you're doing is wasting my time with stupid caricatures rather than addressing my argument.

Absinthe said:
When did I ever say that?

If you want to be ridiculous, then go do it with somebody else. Because all you're doing is wasting my time with stupid caricatures rather than addressing my argument.
Wasting your time? My god...if you don't have time to waste what are you doing on these forums?

Foxtrot said:
Wasting your time? My god...if you don't have time to waste what are you doing on these forums?
Some people dont consider reasoned debate to be a waste of time, especially on a subject as important (despite not many people realising the impact of prohibition) as this.

Foxtrot said:

I could be using my time for better purposes. Like talking with somebody else.

So, are you going to point out where I said that the conservative media was brainwashing people into thinking that drugs are bad, Mmm'kay?

Are you going to argue against my points?

Or can my posts not be challenged due to the fact that they're right?

Reaktor4 said:
Some people dont consider reasoned debate to be a waste of time, especially on a subject as important (despite not many people realising the impact of prohibition) as this.
No matter what you are going to get weed, so why would it need to be legal? So you could pay more for it?

Foxtrot said:
No matter what you are going to get weed, so why would it need to be legal? So you could pay more for it?

How about so we don't get arrested for it?

Reaktor4 said:
And they dont actually exist at all in the way that theyre usually said to exist.
That is absolutely true - it's different for everyone, so I hear, but for me it felt like everything was magnified and beautiful, but control of my body was messed up and it felt like I was dreaming.

And foxtrot, if youre saying there is no brainwashing going on, then youre either ignorant, crazy, stupid or stubborn.

Reaktor4 said:
And foxtrot, if youre saying there is no brainwashing going on, then youre either ignorant, crazy, stupid or stubborn.
It goes both ways, pro and anti drug. You would be ignorant to say other wise.

Foxtrot said:
I wouldnt pay more for it. If it cost the insane amount of money (some weed is more expensive than gold) that it does now under legalisation, then you can be sure that the black market along with its gangs and dealers will remain open, and i dont want that to happen. Also, i could say to that, so why should it remain illegal?
Anyway, as i have already said, in my opinion its MUCH more important that class a drugs such as heroin are legalised as the illegality of them causes far more problems than the illegality of cannabis causes.

Reaktor4 said:
I wouldnt pay more for it. If it cost the insane amount of money (some weed is more expensive than gold) that it does now under legalisation, then you can be sure that the black market along with its gangs and dealers will remain open, and i dont want that to happen. Also, i could say to that, so why should it remain illegal?
Anyway, as i have already said, in my opinion its MUCH more important that class a drugs such as heroin are legalised as the illegality of them causes far more problems than the illegality of cannabis causes.
Exactly my point, there will still be an illegal drug flow to the US so what is the point of legallizing it? That would just give a message to everyone that it is OK to do drugs.

Foxtrot said:
It goes both ways, pro and anti drug. You would be ignorant to say other wise.
There either is or there isnt. And there is. I have pointed out many examples of this in post #97 (iirc) in the other thread. Feel free to pick that post apart. I can tell you right now that that isnt going to happen though.

Foxtrot said:
Exactly my point, there will still be an illegal drug flow to the US so what is the point of legallizing it? That would just give a message to everyone that it is OK to do drugs.

Not if it's handled properly. The reason you get such high prices for drugs is because they are illegal. A cost deduction would most surely come into place if marijuana was legalized.

Even then, a lot of people (particularly young children) are attracted to the idea of drugs due to their prohibited nature. If it's legalized, a lot of that will also go away.

Also, are you going to ignore my last couple of posts? Is it because I'm correct?

Foxtrot said:
Exactly my point, there will still be an illegal drug flow to the US so what is the point of legallizing it?
Youre making this too easy. First of all the black market would be tiny in comparison to the legal one. You seem to have no idea of the amount of money that gangs make from this business (billions of billions). Why should i and other innocent people be persecuted simply because our drug of choice is not legal? Who gives you the right to say what i can put into my own body?
If youre talking about other drugs read the heroin post which im forced to repeatedly talk about, to see some of the harms caused.
On top of that, prohibition simply does not work. It doesnt stop people getting or taking drugs, according to the figures it increases crime, drug usage and problem drug users. It takes total harm to the absolute maximum.
That would just give a message to everyone that it is OK to do drugs.
It is perfectly ok. If you mean that it would send the message that governments are encouraging people to do it, that is complete and utter bollocks. Junk food is legal. Alcohol is legal. Cigarettes are legal. Does that mean the government is encouraging people to do it? **** no. Here, cigarette packets carry messages such as "using this product may cause death" ffs.

Reaktor4 said:
Youre making this too easy. First of all the black market would be tiny in comparison to the legal one. You seem to have no idea of the amount of money that gangs make from this business (billions of billions). Why should i and other innocent people be persecuted simply because our drug of choice is not legal? Who gives you the right to say what i can put into my own body?
If youre talking about other drugs read the heroin post which im forced to repeatedly talk about, to see some of the harms caused.
On top of that, prohibition simply does not work. It doesnt stop people getting or taking drugs, according to the figures it increases crime, drug usage and problem drug users. It takes total harm to the absolute maximum.

It is perfectly ok. If you mean that it would send the message that governments are encouraging people to do it, that is complete and utter bollocks. Junk food is legal. Alcohol is legal. Cigarettes are legal. Does that mean the government is encouraging people to do it? **** no. Here, cigarette packets carry messages such as "using this product may cause death" ffs.

But junk food and that other stuff was never illegal(except alcohol which was legal before). Who gives me the right to say what you can put into your own body? The government. So by that logic all drugs should be legalized? That would be great, I am sure society would greatly benefit from that, hmmm, although I think China has a little bit of a problem with...oh nm...it was just a small problem.

Foxtrot said:
But junk food and that other stuff was never illegal(except alcohol which was legal before). Who gives me the right to say what you can put into your own body? The government. So by that logic all drugs should be legalized? That would be great, I am sure society would greatly benefit from that, hmmm, although I think China has a little bit of a problem with...oh nm...it was just a small problem.

Way to limit our freedoms. You're a true American.

Absinthe said:
Way to limit our freedoms. You're a true American.
You think "freedoms" should be preserved no matter what?

Wow, this thread is still going.

Time to agree to disagree?

Foxtrot said:
But junk food and that other stuff was never illegal(except alcohol which was legal before).
So? The point is that legel != encouraged.
Who gives me the right to say what you can put into your own body? The government.
Well who gives them the right? Nobody has the right to tell me what to do with my body but me and me alone. As long as im not hurting others.
So by that logic all drugs should be legalized? That would be great, I am sure society would greatly benefit from that, hmmm, although I think China has a little bit of a problem with...oh nm...it was just a small problem.
All drugs are legal in china? Ill have to look into that but afaik the laws there are strict and they even execute people over this.

Foxtrot said:
You think "freedoms" should be preserved no matter what?

I think I should have the right to do what I want with my body.

I only smoke weed and other drugs seem a little to hardcore for me. I know weed is bad because I've seen what it can do to people. Of course, it depends upon the kind of person you are to begin with.
I think there's a median with drugs that the media and users alike fail to exploit. The bottom line is that drugs are bad if you think they will be bad for you. Different personalities react to drugs differently. If you can handle them (for they are certainly more powerful than you) then it is okay as long as it does not interfear with your schoolwork, work, and etc... But, if you know that drugs will only lead you down a briar filled, wandering path, then by all means you should not take them. Again, it's all about who you are and how well you know yourself. We often hear about mis-users and not the responsible ones. It all comes down to responsibilty.

I know myself and know that weed is as far as i will go because i think that others will probably affect me more. But, that's just me

weed,LSD,'shrooms,hash,and Guinness through high school...smoked coke once with some weed and it sucked..

haven't done anything that I consider a drug since I was 22..so I still smoke weed and drink my Guinness and hash if I can get it..

everything in this world is bad for you when done to excess..exercise,chocolate, hell even breathing in certain cities

I feel that weed is a PLANT,drugs are man-made or at least man-altered..

it isn't the "stoners" that are bad,wicked,evil people,its the god damned speedfreaks,crackheads and junkies

that give us potheads a bad name..well them and idiot children smoking weed to be "cool"

T.H.C.138 said:
weed,LSD,'shrooms,hash,and Guinness through high school...smoked coke once with some weed and it sucked..

haven't done anything that I consider a drug since I was 22..so I still smoke weed and drink my Guinness..

everything in this world is bad for you when done to excess..exercise,chocolate, hell even breathing in certain cities

it isn't the "stoners" that are bad,wicked,evil people,its the god damned speedfreaks,crackheads and junkies

that give us potheads a bad name..well them and idiot children smoking weed to be "cool"

So you think turning it into a gas and smoking it is natural?

T.H.C.138 said:

haven't done anything that I consider a drug since I was 22..so I still smoke weed and drink my Guinness and hash if I can get it..

:rolleyes:

csmighty1 said:
I only smoke weed and other drugs seem a little to hardcore for me. I know weed is bad because I've seen what it can do to people. Of course, it depends upon the kind of person you are to begin with.
I think there's a median with drugs that the media and users alike fail to exploit. The bottom line is that drugs are bad if you think they will be bad for you. Different personalities react to drugs differently. If you can handle them (for they are certainly more powerful than you) then it is okay as long as it does not interfear with your schoolwork, work, and etc... But, if you know that drugs will only lead you down a briar filled, wandering path, then by all means you should not take them. Again, it's all about who you are and how well you know yourself. We often hear about mis-users and not the responsible ones. It all comes down to responsibilty.

I know myself and know that weed is as far as i will go because i think that others will probably affect me more. But, that's just me

Once again if you missed it :cool: It's all about what you think and any other opnion doesn't matter

Reaktor4 said:
what does it being natural have to do with anything?
He was saying weed is not a drug because drugs are man made.

smoking weed is the cheapest way possible for many people to use weed...because it is illegal it is quite expensive,

which makes it hard to have the 2.2 kilos to make some decent brownies!!

smoking ANYTHING is bad..bongs(water-pipes) do help clean the impurities though,which makes it a little healthier..

shrooms and weed are NATURAL GROWING things that man didn't make..that was my point...

Foxtrot said:
He was saying weed is not a drug because drugs are man made.
Ok i thought you were saying that something not being natural automatically makes it bad.
he is wrong about it and alcohol not being a drug.

T.H.C.138 said:
smoking weed is the cheapest way possible for many people to use weed...because it is illegal it is quite expensive,
Youre right about that.
smoking ANYTHING is bad..bongs(water-pipes) do help clean the impurities though,which makes it a little healthier..
No, bongs do not help. They cool the smoke but thats it. They have the potential to cause problems because of water entering your lungs.
Vapourisers help.
shrooms and weed are NATURAL GROWING things that man didn't make..that was my point...
So are many poisons.

Bongs do help. They take out a load of crap. Nothing wrong with water, helps you to absorb the THC goodness ;) Just like sniffing a fart in the bath - you smell more of the faecal goodness because it has a lot of moisture in it so your nose absorbs more.

we11er said:
Bongs do help. They take out a load of crap. Nothing wrong with water, helps you to absorb the THC goodness ;) Just like sniffing a fart in the bath - you smell more of the faecal goodness because it has a lot of moisture in it so your nose absorbs more.

Umm...

we11er said:
Bongs do help. They take out a load of crap.
They take the crap and active ingredients out in equal amounts. Whatever smoke at the edge of the bubbles happens to stick to the water is what they take out.
Nothing wrong with water, helps you to absorb the THC goodness ;) Just like sniffing a fart in the bath - you smell more of the faecal goodness because it has a lot of moisture in it so your nose absorbs more.
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back