EverQuest II Beta on Fileplanet this afternoon !

Well Letters I'm a fan of MMOs in general so I don't think I'll be disappointed ;)

PS: downloading the client is sloooooooooooow! :O

so if you're a member then you automatically have a chance?

B_MAN said:
so if you're a member then you automatically have a chance?

No, you have to catch one of the 1,500 keys when their avalible on the site (some random time in the afterneed this Sat and Sun). Their on a first-come-first-serve basis.

The 1,500 keys today were gone in like 5 minutes.

WhiteZero said:
No, you have to catch one of the 1,500 keys when their avalible on the site (some random time in the afterneed this Sat and Sun). Their on a first-come-first-serve basis.

The 1,500 keys today were gone in like 5 minutes.
=\
i just got mine 2 min ago..

DigiQ8 said:
=\
i just got mine 2 min ago..

They took the link off the site over 10min ago. Thats no possible unless you followed my link.

hahaha! Wow, and you still got a key? Funnt, they only take down the link, but not the ability to generate keys. Good job, FilePlanet.

Well, I guess everyone else can try my link ( http://net.gamespyid.com/linktrack/redirect.aspx?i=7772 ). I guess theres a good chance you can still grab a key.
lol

Thanks for pointing this out, DigiQ8.

WhiteZero said:
hahaha! Wow, and you still got a key? Funnt, they only take down the link, but not the ability to generate keys. Good job, FilePlanet.

Well, I guess everyone else can try my link ( http://net.gamespyid.com/linktrack/redirect.aspx?i=7772 ). I guess theres a good chance you can still grab a key.
lol

Thanks for pointing this out, DigiQ8.
no thank you for posting this link :D

EDIT : installing the game now :)

WTF am I supposed to do? it's been scanning for updates for too long and each time I start the beta client it just downloads png files... argh!

It never asked me for my key either, and I dont know where to find the beta boards, there was no link in my email :|

CB | Para said:
WTF am I supposed to do? it's been scanning for updates for too long and each time I start the beta client it just downloads png files... argh!

It never asked me for my key either, and I dont know where to find the beta boards, there was no link in my email :|
yea mine still downloadign pngs =\

DigiQ8 said:
yea mine still downloadign pngs =\

Finally worked! Keep the default install directory, it works a lot better apparently. :)

CB | Para said:
Finally worked! Keep the default install directory, it works a lot better apparently. :)
LOL
looks like WhiteZero link is not working
it said key is taken..

grrr.....

The second it went up, i clicked to get a key and it was all gone...

DigiQ8, if you already have a Key, it's not going to give you another one.

And yeah, EQ2 is going to do a full check on your EQ files everytime. It only takes a min on my computer. :p

lol the flux in noobs is already being felt thx to fileplanet :D I cant go anywhere in Freeport without bein asked how to do something :>

WhiteZero said:
Well... from what I've played, it's probably the best MMO out there. But if you don't like MMO's then you wont really like it too much.

Problem is, it's exactly like EQLive plus a few features. That's exactly why people are giving it a bad rap.

Any idea on when the keys will be up today? I missed them yesterday by 10 minutes and I don't feel like F5'ing all day.

Pretty pissed off, both EQ and Matrix have set ammount of keys that you get on a first come first serve bases. I used to be a founders club members, now im a normall paided sub, once this runs out I wont pay for it again as its just stupid now, your paying for a VERY small chance to get in the beta (The last time EQ2 keys where on, they ran out within 5 mins)

Yea.. good luck to people who do get in, I really really envy you all, been waiting for a EQ2 beta for ages.

I missed it, for gods sake, im paying out for this stupid sub only to miss it cus im about 2 mins late. Damn it damn it damn it :(

Ritz said:
I missed it, for gods sake, im paying out for this stupid sub only to miss it cus im about 2 mins late. Damn it damn it damn it :(

I feel ya dude, that's what happened to me yesterday I missed the keys by a few minutes. Hopefully you'll both get one tommorow. BTW the server errors are because there are about a million people all trying to get a key.

Zeus said:
I feel ya dude, that's what happened to me yesterday I missed the keys by a few minutes. Hopefully you'll both get one tommorow. BTW the server errors are because there are about a million people all trying to get a key.

I know what the server errors are caused by. Doesn't mean I have to like or feel bad for them. I won't renew my subscription. Simple as that.

First rule of free market economics - don't piss off your customer.

I do remember how it used to be, betas coming out and being useable, even if it was just for paying users. Or at least there were 40k odd keys, not this crappy 5k stuff nowadays. Also not telling us when there going to come on the site, ohh yay its guess work! Having to camp out at the site all day just for 5 mins of time in which there is a VERY small chance of getting in is fun! Not.. (ps. im not a dude btw)

So all in all, I dislike fileplanet now -.- unless they start getting there paying users something worth paying for again.

ShadowBlade said:
lol the flux in noobs is already being felt thx to fileplanet :D I cant go anywhere in Freeport without bein asked how to do something :>

I'm on beta 2 world, just got my citizenship and I was grinding away in the thieve's thing/sewer. I got killed a few times in the commonlands, that place is tough :|

Otherwise it's a great game, I didn't believe I could actually like EQ but this is great :D

YUCK 5 hours of patching to go :(

Well at least I got it.

Back