Far Cry SP demo

there is one mirror but its bieng absolutely hammered by ppl trying to connec

:/

lol, they only have one mirror?! Now that is crappy considering the demand they will have on it... They could have scrambled together at least 5 I think. Most usually do it days before releasing it too... Cant download it, just get the not found screen.

lol, well, they said tonight at midnight will be an official press announcements plus more mirrors. That one mirror is temporary, and wow, is it hammered

I think the demo was prereleased thats why there are so few places to DL it from.

G0rgon, the mods aren't pleased with you talking about illegal files so often. Check the HL Soundtrack thread, you basically got a warning there. I'd quit it before you get a temp-ban

On topic, I'm greatly looking forward to DLing the demo.. too bad that FTP is hammered. /me wants a torrent for the demo

It sounds like MP right now is kinda lame...but I hope SP is cool. That's what I was looking forward to in the first place. That and messing around with friends in MP.

im a beta tester and MP isnt lame... its pretty good its just full of bugs... ;(

errrr.... any links :) i need to plaaaaay...wat do i click on???? I CANT READ GERMAN!!! I CHOSE FRENCH IN SCHOOOOL!!! and im **** at that, too.
bonjure... or is it aurivare? how do u spell that?

it worked!!!! here is the translation (roughly)

There are moments in the life, that are to be described hardly - the Release of the official Singleplayerdemo would be allowed to be one of them. For finally, after numerous rumors and unnecessary confusions, Ubi Soft and CryTek possible made the impossible: the official Singleplayer-demo is ready from immediately to the download!

The Singleplayer-demo ventured satisfied 500MB and is therewith nothing for weak nerves. Containing is there a complete island in which it lies at you to destroy a hostile erased-tower. Pile manner opponent as well as beautiful outside and Innenareale worry at the same time for the necessary motivation. Vehicles and a long-range arsenal at weapons, about the rocket launcher or the sniper weapon, the task ease you noticeably and let enough freedom in order to never to test physics and KI of the opponents on heart and. Some surprises, about the confrontation with a Helikopter, are contained also..

A statement out of the translation of the Dutch News of Gamers. nl:

The min requirements is a bit high to experience every fell details this game has to offer. You might have to camouflaged down some settings in order to have a smoother gameplay if your pc isn' t strong enough. You can download it from the Ubisoft FTP.

Accordingly the minimal system-requests are somewhat higher than that, the finale game-version. Violent Ruckler should be the case, the down screw of the details suffices in order to come nevertheless into fluid game enjoyment.

Understandably the onset is powerful on the previously only download-server and provides for endless queues. We will attend as quickly as possible to fresh Mirrors and further information! Our Related left leads you directly to the Dutch News of Gamers. nl and the directly-download!

Update, 20.01.2004, around 19:48:

According to newest information, the official start appointment is for the downloads of the demo 0:00 today night. Therewith exists the colleague of Gamers. nl either an incorrect download-left or the demo became earlier than planned published. We advise to interrupt download-attempts and to wait until 0:00 for an official announcement with corresponding Mirrors!

Update, 20.01.2004, around 20:22 as well as Gamers. nl now reports, concerns it a Missverständinis with Ubisoft NL why the Mirror was made to early public. That would file was removed and should be meanwhile of the server again available around 23:00 clock.

no links now.... the one link that did work has been taken down as its not an official release for a few hours yet!!!

booo........ need now!!!!!!! hope the AI and physics will be good....SP demo??? how many maps??

1 map.... but far cry maps are bloody massive! The demo is 500MB!!!

i really want to play that game. in fact, i really want to play deus ex.

omgzors!@!!!!! someone gimme a link before i lose it ahhhhhh! :upstare:

seriously tho.. its 4pm EST and i want a link!!! :dork:

edit: wow.. 1011 posts? i didn't notice when i reached the 1000 post mark.. oh well 11 posts too late :|

MaddMexican
I highly doubt my computer can run this.
thats half the reason i want to play this game- i have an ati radion 9800 pro and 512 ddr ram- i want to see how far i can push it.

I just want so see if it's worth all this attention...

I have an Athlon 1gig 512 ram and an fx 5200.

Far Cry hq says 11 o'clock Europe Time.

my question was answered right when I posted and I don't know how to delete this post.

5 est i think
but i heard that this was a mistake...and it wont be out untill 1pm EST tomorrow

you'll be able to run it madmexican, maybe turn down a few of the graphical settings is all

MaddMexican said:
You asked for a link so I posted it.

No I asked another queation on that post, but I deleted over it and wrote something else. But thanks for the link...I got a lot more information there.

I am going to build a new system in a few weeks. I will be well above the recommended requirements (Finally).

Back