Far Cry SP demo

Shuzer said:
Full screen antialiasing, in your graphics card settings under the D3D tab

If found it. It's called SMOOTHVISION (or something like that). I've tried the game with it on and off. Still no luck; oh well.

I'm off to download another copy to see whether its the file or my PC. :sleep:

A True Canadian said:
If found it. It's called SMOOTHVISION (or something like that). I've tried the game with it on and off. Still no luck; oh well.

I'm off to download another copy to see whether its the file or my PC. :sleep:

turn of Anti-alialising in your ATI control panel
as well as Anisotropic filtering
you do this by clicking the "application preferenced" box

also ingame theres an option in video options for "anti-aliasing" put that option at "none"

heres a pic to help those having trouble.

http://www.undertheinfluence.org/users/mrredundant/help.jpg

then do the same for Opengl.

Go to your systemcfg.lua file (open with wordpad) in your far cry demo folder, and change r_driver to r_Driver = "OpenGL". That made the game look better for me and improved exiting times and frame rate :)

Murray_H said:
Go to your systemcfg.lua file (open with wordpad) in your far cry demo folder, and change r_driver to r_Driver = "OpenGL". That made the game look better for me and improved exiting times and frame rate :)

just tried it on my Ati 9800 pro outta curiousity... it ran at about 5-10fps (opposed to ~60fps in d3d) it took a hell of a lot longer to start up and to load.
so be careful

Oh i'm on a P3 1ghz system with a GF2 MX 440 and 512MB of RAM, games usually run a lot better for me in open GL mode than DX for some reason :S

I've messed about with the jeep now, good fun!

Oh and the AI can tread water - i went for a walk and found 2 guys in a boat circling the island. I got out my sniper rifle and i hit the boat, not the driver (i am positive about this) i looked again, i saw the driver dead in the water and the gunman in the sea! So i killed him :)

Then i turned around and saw this guy looking at me, he had a nightvision google thing on, so i zoomed in, quick screeny and then bang :) He slid down the hill so i followed him. Just as well he was dead, he banged his balls on about 3 trees on the way down lol

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.phillipson1/murray/Far Cry/

Shots of the above

Gamespy.com article The most wanted games for 2004.

1-HL2
2-D3

The interesting part is that I searched the whole List (40 games) and I could not find FARCRY:(

I just fired a rocket at a boat in the sea, and when it hit the water before the boat, it completely changed direction and headed for the bottom of the sea! I don't know wether this is what happens in real life or wether it should detonate when it hits the water, but it was cool!

It's really fun. I especially like the bug (or feature) that the rocket launcher on the boat has unlimited rockets :D

They still need to fix it up a bit. I can't load it on High or Very High without a memory exception.

My favorite part is that it takes about 5 minutes to start a game, and when it does start it runs HORRIBLE. Its very jumpy like its flashing , it has a horrible frame rate. Bad demo , Im soured on the game.

Unless someone could suggest a fix.... plz (Im running a FX5900U )

I have a Pentium 3 so I expect bad framerates and long loading times.

What about you? I've also concluded it sucks on SDRAM.

I checked the jeep, it's not just invisible, its simply not there!

Can somebody post a shot of the hanged shark?

Yar, humvee isn't half as fun as the jeep, though. Jeep = smaller, more versatile, cool sound effects, humvee = teh sux

Hang glider.. I was hoping it'd be more fun, lol, oh well

Yeah, it's a bit boring... they should add a bomber to it! That would be awsome!, I tried the hanglider and shooting rockets down at the beach, that was mad fun :D

This is among the worst demos Ive ever downloaded , its hard to install , hard to remove , slow to run and I have to set the quality settings to 'low' to even run the thing , and my computer obviously isnt at fault for that problem.

What happened to my water? A GF2 MX 440 and Open GL mode, thats what ;(

I went all the way around the island, I also climbed to the top of the mountain. I'll make a new thread with screens as this thread is a bit muddled topic-wise.

\p_deathtime 9999

This gives bodies that stay there all the time :)

I can't find the glider of the humvee. I only see the jeep.
EDIT: And I can't find the rocket laucher...

You need to download the extra files that give you the glider and the jeep... and if you want all the weps then u need a file that gives u god mode / all weps / infinite ammo.

Heres a pic of the hummer-

I like it because in addition to the machine gun it also has a rocket launcher mounted on top :) .

Although I couldn't get it past the first set of stairs, its too damn big.

When my computer gets back from repair, do you think the demo will run okay on my computer?

2.68 GHz , 512 mb RAM, Geforce Ti4200 w AGP 8x..

CrazyHarij said:
When my computer gets back from repair, do you think the demo will run okay on my computer?

2.68 GHz , 512 mb RAM, Geforce Ti4200 w AGP 8x..
It will run great. It is better than my:
P4 2.53 GHz, 768 mb RAM, GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128 mb :cheers:

I played the demo just now, I really quite enjoyed it although I could see it getting monotonous. Also I thought the hummer was a piece of shit =/ It feels way too light, it's hard to control, and there's nowhere to drive it!! Not without braking every 3 seconds anyway... and the back wheel got caught on everything >_< Bah, end rant.

Back