Fat burning foods

oh also, are protein bars a good way to get alot of protein in for the day? or do i need a natural appoach all the time like strictly meat, eggwhites, peanut butter, etc.

Umm... fluke you need fruit. You can't spike insulin levels (to anything unhealthy) because fruit doesn't contain simple sugars. You can't get 'fat' from eating apples. I say 'fat,' because it's not real fat. Real, essential fatty acids are good for the body and are easily turned into saturated and trans fat through cooking, burning, frying, barbecuing, packaging... basically the most essential fatty acids you can get is from stuff right out of the ground.

Shinra, I'd recommend:

More fruits
More vegetables (preferably uncooked)
Less dairy (if you can't live without eat more yogurt)
Eggs are good, but free-range are better (23 times more omega-3 or something)
No soft drinks
No diet soft drinks
No white bread
More water (as others have suggested)
If you can afford, more organically grown stuff
More unsalted, uncooked nuts
Less meat

-Viper- said:
Umm... fluke you need fruit.
No, you dont.
You can't spike insulin levels (to anything unhealthy) because fruit doesn't contain simple sugars. You can't get 'fat' from eating apples. I say 'fat,' because it's not real fat.
Ok, maybe not spike. But it doesnt help. Plenty of people get by just fine without any fruit in their diet at all. Maybe its not going to be a problem in the diet, but you certainly dont need it.

And I believe he should be eating more meat, or at least enough, to keep from losing muscle. Prefferably fish and poultry.
ShinRa said:
not sure what you mean by thick fluke?
Muscular. Well. I had assumed you were not so terribly far from your goal, because most people with a lot of weight to lose generally dont aim straight for the 'abs'. Maybe I assumed too much?
ShinRa said:
oh also, are protein bars a good way to get alot of protein in for the day? or do i need a natural appoach all the time like strictly meat, eggwhites, peanut butter, etc.
Protien bars can be great suppliments if you make sure to get ones that dont contain a lot of sugar (they might not taste as good, but they're much better for you)

Not sure if anyone has addressed this in the thread, since I haven't read through it... but what you are talking about is a negative calorie food. Basically a food that burns more calories for the body to digest, than it iself actually contains. These things are mostly the good healthy vegetables that you have always been told to eat, like broccoli, etc.

f|uke said:
Muscular. Well. I had assumed you were not so terribly far from your goal, because most people with a lot of weight to lose generally dont aim straight for the 'abs'. Maybe I assumed too much?Protien bars can be great suppliments if you make sure to get ones that dont contain a lot of sugar (they might not taste as good, but they're much better for you)

Well im not "muscular" per say. i do have a fair amount of muscle though, and im not too far from my goal as you said. and ill look for protein bars, thanks. thanks raziaar too.

carrots can't have very much in the way of calories and they take a lot of chewing and digesting

Don't get any of those pills. The way they work is they basically make your body less efficent at doing everyday tasks. Therefore, to do basic bodily functions, you have to burn more calories.

Problems with that:
1) You burn a very small amount of more calories a day. If you jog for 20 minutes 3 times a week, you'll burn far more calories than you would be taking those pills.
2)The main problem with them is what they do. They make your body less effcient. Not only will this make you burn more calories for every day tasks... it will make you less athletic and less healthy in terms of fighting off illness.

Because then your body depends on the pill, like a drug, correct?

SidewinderX said:
Don't get any of those pills. The way they work is they basically make your body less efficent at doing everyday tasks. Therefore, to do basic bodily functions, you have to burn more calories.

Problems with that:
1) You burn a very small amount of more calories a day. If you jog for 20 minutes 3 times a week, you'll burn far more calories than you would be taking those pills.
2)The main problem with them is what they do. They make your body less effcient. Not only will this make you burn more calories for every day tasks... it will make you less athletic and less healthy in terms of fighting off illness.
You talking about epinephrine, or the non epi alternatives? An EC stack raises your metabolism, burning more calories during rest and exercize. They also give you a slight amp. So I'm not quite sure what youre on about.
ShinRa said:
Because then your body depends on the pill, like a drug, correct?
Stopping is probably very simmilar to stopping coffee.

everyone who has posted in this thread now has to do 150 Situps a night at least!

Even you people who skived p.e when u went to school!

ShinRa said:

Protein bars are crap, just make your own shakes using whey protein or creatine.

RTFMy said:
Protein bars are crap, just make your own shakes using whey protein or creatine.
As I said, it depends on the bar. I did find a really good brand at costco which is basically a solid bar of whey. I drink way more whey shakes tho.. generally two a day.

creatine = bad

If you are training for any high level sport (aka with drug testing) you absolutely cannot take any supplements. Even ones which guarantee that they contain all natural and legal substances are usually sketchy.

Dan said:
creatine = bad

If you are training for any high level sport (aka with drug testing) you absolutely cannot take any supplements. Even ones which guarantee that they contain all natural and legal substances are usually sketchy.

No it's not, not at all.
You can take it, it's not like anabolic steroids, prohormones, or ephedrine (which all 3 aren't as bad as the gov makes them out to be)
I use it for before & after football practice or lifting weights. It's simply something you can put in your food or drink with water.

are you saying it's not bad or it's not a banned substance? Cause it is definitely not allowed in competition. I know a guy that got a 2 year ban from triathalons for having a meal replacement drink. They're not very nice about that stuff.

Dan said:
are you saying it's not bad or it's not a banned substance? Cause it is definitely not allowed in competition. I know a guy that got a 2 year ban from triathalons for having a meal replacement drink. They're not very nice about that stuff.

Don't think you'll get a response, since he appears to be temporarily banned.

Raziaar said:
Don't think you'll get a response, since he appears to be temporarily banned.
Make that Perma Ban.

Tr0n said:
Make that Perma Ban.

Oops, you're right. A while ago he was temp banned, and thats what I remembered.

Raziaar said:
Oops, you're right. A while ago he was temp banned, and thats what I remembered.
Yea he was...don't know why it went to Perma tho.

Oh well.

whey protein, vitamin and mineral supplements, and all natural, wholesome, low sugar foods are all you need

ok so im 185 lb, 5'10, and really most of it isnt fat, just that patch of fat that is ever so hard to get rid of, i showed u guys my routine. im curious, if i keep at it, how long before u i reach my desired goal you think?

Try the atkins diet, no carbs, just pure fatty foods you'll soon see your 6pack

really? so im assuming the real cause of having fat is by carbs, not fat itself? because i hear the atkins diet works, but ppl tell me u lose muscle at the same time, and some also say you NEED alot of carbs. can someone clear this up for me and what kind of foods i can eat on the atkins diet?

ShinRa said:
really? so im assuming the real cause of having fat is by carbs, not fat itself? because i hear the atkins diet works, but ppl tell me u lose muscle at the same time, and some also say you NEED alot of carbs. can someone clear this up for me and what kind of foods i can eat on the atkins diet?
Dont do the atkins diet, because once you quit it, you gain fat back at a huge rate. So if you do go through with it, you must stay on it for life, many say this is unhealthy, especialy when your an athliet!

hellfire_bullet said:
Dont do the atkins diet, because once you quit it, you gain fat back at a huge rate. So if you do go through with it, you must stay on it for life, many say this is unhealthy, especialy when your an athliet!

That's not true dude. I speak from experience. You don't rocket back with your weight gain. You may regain your water weight, but thats the case for all diets. The actual 'weight' you burn off from it, will be kept off unless you have total disregard for your body and just shovel crap in it every day, many times a day.

You can eat: Bacon, Steaks, cheese, everything meaty, but no pasta, crisps, etc etc. Basically you can do the atkins for 6 months max, then u go to healthy eating. But if you over do on the carbs it can really unbalance.

What are foods high in protien ??? cos im working on abs right now and i doubt im getting enough in my diet

Tips ???

Joims said:
What are foods high in protien ??? cos im working on abs right now and i doubt im getting enough in my diet

Tips ???
eggs, steak, peanuts, fish.

I don't think fish have as much protein as eggs or steak, however I would definately recommend eating fish as a subsitute for most kinds of meat. Fish is extremelly healthy for you in many more ways than just its protein content.

Hmm. Eggs, Fish, cheese, Roast beef, roast chicken, Milk, Sausages, bacon, ham. I think nuts do too. Lots of foods have high protein.

The Mullinator said:
eggs, steak, peanuts, fish.

I don't think fish have as much protein as eggs or steak, however I would definately recommend eating fish as a subsitute for most kinds of meat. Fish is extremelly healthy for you in many more ways than just its protein content.

Yep. Fish contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are excellent for the body.

should i care how many fat calories are in a certain food? noone seems to ever talk about those.

how did you loose weight?

I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW DID YOU LOOSE WEIGHT SO FAST IN 2 WKS OR SO?:cool:
ShinRa said:
glad i did something good lol.

idk, since ive started this 2 weeks ago exactly from today, ive a decent change for such a small amount of time. sometimes after i eat i feel enormous and when i look in the mirror it looks like im back at the start. then at other times (even after i ate), it looks like im really cutting out the fat. idk. i need motivation lol.

CELERY.

The amount of fiber burns more calories than the actual celery has. That is the miracle food you've heard about.

Celery is one, I believe. It's calorically more expensive to eat it than what you get out, for example.

Well this is a first :p

A newcomer signs up and actually searches for an old thread and revives it.

On HL2.net no less :D

I hear celery is the ticket as well.

Back