Forum Decline

GonzoBabbleshit said:
You're complaining on the wrong thread then. simple as. Make a thread about your issue with the mods closing threads inappropriately, this is about the forum's 'decline'.

This was his thread about the issue until you guys spammed and hijacked the shit out of it.

The Dark Elf said:
They might be better off just buying a licence to UE3, and working on the ready made base for HL3 rather than do it on Source. With all the leaking and setbacks and all that I don't think their gonna make much more from that engine now. Might aswell use UE. Though im not entirely sure I would want a UE3 anything near something like Steam *shudders* :p

Maybe Valve's too arrogant for that :p
But again, anything that makes HL3 a better game are always welcomed :D

CREMATOR666 said:
Maybe Valve's too arrogant for that
But again, anything that makes HL3 a better game are always welcomed :D

NO!

Better game = Higher Price

:p

15357 said:
NO!

Better game = Higher Price

that excuse isn't gonna hold any water, if you can afford a computer to play it on, you can afford to buy your games.

The Dark Elf said:
that excuse isn't gonna hold any water, if you can afford a computer to play it on, you can afford to buy your games.

He's just trying to state that he's a warez kiddies :p

The Dark Elf said:

i forgot to add this: :p

i was qouting from a person in another forum.

edit: woah, scary. Zerimski is watching us... Forever staring with lidless eyes...

Well, I am on pretty often, it it's oh too common for me to find these dumb threads with no mod in sight. I thought hiring Danimal would change that, but I guess not. He seems to spend all his time in General Off-Topic.

vegeta897 said:
Well, I am on pretty often, it it's oh too common for me to find these dumb threads with no mod in sight. I thought hiring Danimal would change that, but I guess not. He seems to spend all his time in General Off-Topic.
The thread might not appeal to you, but there's nothing there that deems it lockworthy. It's a perfectly valid question, even if the circumstances aren't to your requirements. You didn't need to report it four damn times, either.

If you don't like what's in a thread you can always ignore it...

Apparently some people found the contents of that thread interesting, why spoil their fun?

Fraid we don't do requests for modship :)

Oh, and use the report button then...

And, as if by magic, the threads get deleted :O - that thread in question was worthy of deletion.

Oh, and Danimal only has powers in Off Topic.
We all can't be everywhere at once, so we need the forumites help.

Axyon what are you thinking?

Edit: Hah, victory! Thankyou Badger.

And Gonzo, it's because that thread is a disgrace to the HL2 community. And, chances are, those kids are under 13, and that is the minimum age you must be to use these forums ^_^

Oh, and the thread now lies in the Editing section (wrong section) Badger, so you may uhh, want to remove it. I already answered his question anyway.

Shens said:
I vote vegeta for a mod.

And not just a mod, a super-mod. Too many spammers.

And when the mods crack down, you all band together and try get them removed by complaining about "nazi moderating"

The Dark Elf said:
And when the mods crack down, you all band together and try get them removed by complaining about "nazi moderating"

Bah, I would never complain. If anything, it would be the others.

Nazi moderating is fine by me.

Those people that think they'd make good mods are never chosen. Because they're wrong.

The Dark Elf said:

exactly. you can't please everyone so they just gotta find the happy medium.

The Dark Elf said:
Who is "you"

We certainly won't complain, we are the ones trying to get rid of this crap! The only people who may complain are the new members who aren't old or mature enough for these forums!

Everyone, c'mon, think a bit. This is what seperates HL2.net from all those other poorly moderated sites! This is our reputation! Have some pride! Don't let us turn into a HL Source! Or hl2world!

Edit: lol, leave it to Pi to say the obligatory "if you want to be a mod don't ask about it!"

Because I've been waiting for over a year in silence and patience and nothing happens :)

vegeta897 said:
Axyon what are you thinking?

Edit: Hah, victory! Thankyou Badger.

And Gonzo, it's because that thread is a disgrace to the HL2 community. And, chances are, those kids are under 13, and that is the minimum age you must be to use these forums ^_^

Oh, and the thread now lies in the Editing section (wrong section) Badger, so you may uhh, want to remove it. I already answered his question anyway.
I actually misunderstood why you had reported the thread - I thought you were complaining about the actual first post, not the sequential replies. Everything's sorted now, though.

vegeta897 said:
Who is "you"

We certainly won't complain, we are the ones trying to get rid of this crap! The only people who may complain are the new members who aren't old or mature enough for these forums!

Everyone, c'mon, think a bit. This is what seperates HL2.net from all those other poorly moderated sites! This is our reputation! Have some pride! Don't let us turn into a HL Source! Or hl2world!

Edit: lol, leave it to Pi to say the obligatory "if you want to be a mod don't ask about it!"

Because I've been waiting for over a year in silence and patience and nothing happens :)

Actually I think you were one of those people who complained about nazi moderating.. It was why we didn't get on for a very long time. :p But thats all in the past and I was just doing my job ;)

And believe me, someone thinking they could be a good mod is quite different from being one. You really can't please everyone unless you sit back and do nothing.. The more you do the more you come under fire, whatever you do you'll piss someone off, and they'll go screaming to Munro and you'll be made a fool of, lowering the effectiveness of the mod, and showing the users they can get away with things even more, you get PM'd constantly with people asking you to do things.. people wanting you to change their username even though its been made clear only admins can do that. People PMing you asking you to ban someone just cause they don't agree with the other persons views, talking shit about you behind your back on IRC (and totally forgetting your friends are still copy/pasting all what they say about you anyway lol) People you got on with in the beginning, thinking just cause you were mates, you'll do their bidding all the time, and then get pissed when you say you can't for obvious reasons. Others get upset and pissed when your made a mod and they aren't. Your expected to give up a lot of your time looking after other users, just for the chance to be treated like crap, or sucked up to.

It's up there with garbage man and pizza delivery as jobs I never fancy doing again :p

Which is why I NEVER, and let me repeat this incase Farrow is ignoring me or my join date, NEVER directly asked to be a mod.

vegeta897 said:
Which is why I NEVER, and let me repeat this incase Farrow is ignoring me or my join date, NEVER directly asked to be a mod.

Simply not asking isn't all it takes to be a mod ;)

Zerimski said:
TDE has already explained long ago that being a mod isn't fun. I told you, I don't want to be one. But it would be nice to have something a bit more powerful than the report button.

Anyway,

Why can't I join the hl2.net IRC channel? It says I'm not authed? What does that mean?

:(

For some reason you are reminding me of the St. John's Ambulance, Vegeta.

Zerimski said:

Yeah, you have to swear at a policeman, call Abom thingy, get excited over E3 and work in a jobcenter, be a larper wearing chav clothing, make atleast 400 posts in the politics section flaming gh0st and cptstern without getting caught and bitchslapped by bliink, appear in the top 100 FHM sexiest women list and always put some random old movie in your favorite movie posts to try look intellectual.

Well Zerim, ofcourse when I say more powerful, this power must only be given to people it can be trusted with. The report button is perfect for any average user.

I don't know what, perhaps a temporary delete. A message is sent to a moderator specifying what thread was deleted and such, and if the mod thinks that it shouldn't have been deleted, he revives it.

And remember, this would only be given to people who can be trusted. I don't know whether that includes me or not, but I am trying to be less harsh :) Lately all the threads I have complained about were threads that should have been closed. So uhh, yeah :)

ARGH AND WHY CAN'T I JOIN THE HL2.NET IRC CHANNEL!?!?

vegeta897 said:
Well Zerim, ofcourse when I say more powerful, this power must only be given to people it can be trusted with. The report button is perfect for any average user.

I don't know what, perhaps a temporary delete. A message is sent to a moderator specifying what thread was deleted and such, and if the mod thinks that it shouldn't have been deleted, he revives it.

And remember, this would only be given to people who can be trusted. I don't know whether that includes me or not, but I am trying to be less harsh :) Lately all the threads I have complained about were threads that should have been closed. So uhh, yeah :)

Oh god NO.. even if someone can be trusted, power will go to their heads.. just imagine what would happen in the politics section alone.

vegeta897 said:

That kind of power would be just like the report button, though. We still have to check if the thread delete was okay, just like we have to check a report to see if the reported thread is okay.

vegeta897 said:

So you do want to be the St. John's Ambulance then?

And mods reviving? They have to know cpr then......or necromancy :bonce: !

Axyon said:
That kind of power would be just like the report button, though. We still have to check if the thread delete was okay, just like we have to check a report to see if the reported thread is okay.
Well, not exactly.

But, I can already see I am going to lose this argument due to sheer peer pressure and something I like to call "mod overpowerment", so you know what, just forget it.

All I really want is to be able to get on the hl2.net irc channel. Noone is answering me. Did you block me or something?

EDIT: LOL Murray :)

ACLeroK212 said:
You know he wants to say "make me a mod" in the worst way but is just skirting around it.
Would you get off that stereo type and listen to what the **** I am saying! I already said I didn't want to be one!

OK you made me do it,

I, VEGETA897, MEMBER OF THE HL2.NET FORUMS, DO NOT WISH TO BE A MODERATOR AT THIS TIME OR ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE, PERIOD.

At the end of the day...there's nothing wrong with the forums other than the amount of idiots making threads lately has risen.

Vegeta needs these simple steps...
-See crap thread that should be closed.
-Report it.
-Ignore it.

vegeta897 said:
All I really want is to be able to get on the hl2.net irc channel. Noone is answering me. Did you block me or something?
All you have to do is register with Q, and then auth, and you should be able to join.

Back