Forum Decline

vegeta897 said:
I, VEGETA897, MEMBER OF THE HL2.NET FORUMS, WISH TO BE A MODERATOR AT THIS TIME OR ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE, PERIOD.

I feel like a journalist!

Murray_H said:
I feel like a journalist!
ROFL
Took me a couple seconds to realise what you did, but I literally laughed out loud, alone in my room. It was a pretty dumb laugh actually, because I was playing with my retainer and it kind of... Well anyway.

Cheers to you for making me laugh. That was brilliant :LOL:

vegeta897 said:
Would you get off that stereo type and listen to what the **** I am saying! I already said I didn't want to be one!

heh, I just got an image of all the mods huddled around a computer in white lab coats and spectacles, scribbling on their clip boards and saying to themselves "hmm, easily angered by casual ribbing, interesting....."

ACLeroK212 said:
heh, I just got an image of all the mods huddled around a computer in white lab coats and spectacles, scribbling on their clip boards and saying to themselves "hmm, easily angered by casual ribbing, interesting....."
BS, that was not a joke you made.

And if it was, I would hate to be around you when you crack another.

Cool off people, please.

Anyway - the simple thing is - users are not getting anything more 'powerful' than the report post button.

:)

ComradeBadger said:
Cool off people, please.

Anyway - the simple thing is - users are not getting anything more 'powerful' than the report post button.

:)

Yeah, but contrary to popular belief, they actually do help alot, it's really appreciated when people use it.

I got sad when Axyon yelled at me for reporting a thread 4 times. :(

Is that bad?

vegeta897 said:
I got sad when Axyon yelled at me for reporting a thread 4 times. :(

Is that bad?
he was probably just on his period.

Or it was back when reported posts were emailed to every member of staff (that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying) I dunno when that got fixed, I'd long since done what most others had done and set things up to delete them before I got em :p

scratch that.. just read it http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1406651#post1406651

you were derailing threads and then reporting them.. I'm with Abom on this one then :p

I, VEGETA897, MEMBER OF THE HL2.NET FORUMS, DO NOT WISH TO BE A MODERATOR AT THIS TIME OR ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE, PERIOD.
I feel your pain...

A long time ago, I made an ill-advised thread that was spoken PURELY IN JEST!
Oh, the agony! And from the fertile ground of halflife2.net, and army of aspiring moderators rose in denial under the guise of what was in essence a bad joke born from the ashes of sorrow.

True story.

I wonder if every time Munro hires a moderator, he (the moderator) has to be trained to say that phrase at ANYONE who even INDIRECTLY IMPLIES anyone becoming a moderator.

And I have no idea where the logic in it is. Danimal was in that thread, and he said he would never be a mod, but look now! I guess he must have had experience with moderating, because his join date was something like August of last year, yet many other people with much much earlier dates were never even asked to be a moderator.

I think this is a cheap excuse. No-one will ever ask you to be a moderator, ever. No matter how long you wait.

And again, I don't wish to be a moderator. I'm just saying it's quite stupid.

You don't become a moderator based on how long you've been here. I imagine it's based on how you behave and react to people.

vegeta897 said:
That's not what you told me on aim about a week ago. :D

Tr0n said:
That's not what you told me on aim about a week ago. :D
What on earth are you saying!

/me playfully punches tron in the shoulder

That was atleast 4 years ago.

vegeta897 said:
I wonder if every time Munro hires a moderator, he (the moderator) has to be trained to say that phrase at ANYONE who even INDIRECTLY IMPLIES anyone becoming a moderator.

And I have no idea where the logic in it is. Danimal was in that thread, and he said he would never be a mod, but look now! I guess he must have had experience with moderating, because his join date was something like August of last year, yet many other people with much much earlier dates were never even asked to be a moderator.

I think this is a cheap excuse. No-one will ever ask you to be a moderator, ever. No matter how long you wait.

Hey I have been here since May 03 and have never been requested. But I probably would make a really horrid mod because I do dumb things sometimes like revive old threads. I trust papa Z (zerimski) with moderating, because he is that kind of shadowy mod who leaps out and grabs an unsuspecting noob and bans him.

vegeta897 said:

Or are you saying that because you want to become a mod, and are testing whether or not Munro works off that :p

Ok, I will now describe to you the process of becoming a moderator. It really is quite simple.

• One dark and stormy night, you'll be enjoying a flagon of ale at your local inn.
  • And then, Munro will approach you, flashing a bit of leg and making eyes at you.
  • And then, a minion will bash you on the back of the head, knocking you out cold.
  • The lucky ones will wake up.
  • And when they do, they find they have been augmented with super powers b eyond their wildest dreams.

As I said earlier, simply not asking doesn't mean that you will be made a moderator. I understand that this means there are a lot of people who are suitable for the job that are not picked, and I know how unfair this seems. However, the only way to be fair would be to give modship to just about everyone who isn't a troll, and that's not necessary. Myself and Hot Soup pick the mods on the basis of how they behave on the forums, nothing else. Unfortunately, in a forum this size it's impossible to notice everyone.

I would like to say though, that considering the size of the community, this is an exceptionally good place. Obviously we have spam and a few trolls here and there, but it could be oh so much worse. We really appreciate all the help you guys give us by not being trolls, and reporting the ones who are. You guys, mostly, rock ;)

I'd like everyone who posts here who would like to be a mod to ask themselves (as in, DO NOT post the answer ;)) whether you post here because you enjoy the community that you've helped to create, or simply because you want to be a mod. If the answer is the latter, it's not going to happen.

scary......

what happens to the ones that don't wake up?

btw, i can list about 20 reasons whhy i can't become one of those enforcers.

1. I'm branded as a spammer

2. same as above

ect..

ppl are greedy for power... civilisations have proven that to be true :)

Back